1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Utah Jazz one of 12 teams inquiring about Patrick Beverley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 21, 2017.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Rubio is a very good defender. actually moves his feet and has long arms that deflect the ball a lot. I think he and Kawhi are comparable in that regard.

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

Bev is such a critical part of this team and we need a defensive stud to guard Curry. I doubt we get rid of him unless it's a big package

3. rocketseagles07

Beverley really isn't a defensive stud though. People really confuse agression with quality d

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

But he won't make it work.

I like D'Antoni's strengths but I can't abide his tunnel vision. If you play the 1 through 4 spots, you shoot three pointers or drive to the basket. If you play the 5, you rebound and shoot close to the basket, unless we luck out and get a three point shooting center. If you don't shoot well, even if you play superlative defense or run the floor like a deer and can finish on dunks or putbacks and therefore give the main guys a breather (Harrell, Dekker, etcetera)...........nah, I'd rather just run seven guys into the ground.

I like D'Antoni, generally, but this slave-to-the-system that he and Morey have going on? I'm surprised the neighbors haven't called the cops on me, thinking I'm beating my wife when I'm actually screaming at the Rockets games on TV.

Gorki likes this.
  5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Not comparable because Rondo - while still bad - is not an all-time bad finisher, and he has an average mid range game. Most importantly, Rondo has been hitting over 35% of his 3's for 3 years now. Something Rubio hasn't done yet his entire life.

You can't have a guy on the floor who a defense is comfortable giving 4-5 seconds to shoot. Roberson allegedly was doing a great job on Harden, but in the end he was a major reason they lost that series regardless of being able to slow down the best player on the court.

#165 Mathloom, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    rocketseagles07 likes this.
  6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Sacramento is losing all its PGs to free agency. They likely take fox at 5. They have had serious interest in ryno before and are a team looking to shoot and make more 3s and thus why they were hi on hield. If markannenn gets drafted by Knicks at 8 or before they draft at 10 I could see a possible trade with us.

Bev, ryno #45 to Sacramento for #10 and afflalo.

Sacramento gets great locker room guys to start building a culture. Ryan is a perfect fit next to all their centers and provides some veteran leadership. Same thing with Bev and he could come in and teach fox some grit and the young guys how to work hard.

We get #10 to ship to Indiana along with Gordon. Afflalo only has 1.5m guaranteed so he can be released for even more cap space.

We may have to add a future first rather than #45 because IDK if that's enough value but it could be something worth exploring

Deuce, FLASH21, craguin and 1 other person like this.
  7. basketballholic

This is legit. And has legs.

But if we get #10 we might set our sights on something else besides George. #10 plus other stuff could get us to 4, 6, or 7. But that part is a long shot.

10 is a possibility. And this trade with most of these pieces like you tee'd it up is a possibility. Kings love Bev.

BigMaloe likes this.
  8. Jimmy Chitwood

That's the joke, bruh bruh

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

He better move his feet fast if he's going to catch up to the other teams fast breaks created off of his airball clanks off of the rim every time he shoots from anywhere on the floor.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

What's becoming clear on this board is that people are assuming an aggressive defender can't also be fundamentally sound. Beverley is both. Few people in the NBA play better overall defense, and aggression has become as important as positional defense these days.

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  12. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

morey asking for too much, just take the deals man

13. Ryris

Ryris Member

Everyone talking about losing bevs defense when the greater loss will be his hustle and rebounding. Perimeter d is easy to replace. Bev is a stud when it comes to long rebounds, and trending more threes in our offense means more long rebounds. He gave us 5-6 more possessions a game off long rebounds and hustle plays-loose all etc.- per game (just an observational estimate).

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Or in their dreams lol

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

****ing Jazz...drop the goods or gtfo, nobody will sign with you

bilaal14 likes this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What terrible advise. Jesus.

bilaal14 likes this.
  17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This isn't exactly the same thing as haggling over fake Rolexes in Chinatown.....

RudyTBag likes this.
  18. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Anywhere but Utah. Please, just ship him out East.

19. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Bev fits right in with the culture of that team.... they have always had a gritty reputation and he will make them better. That being said.... give us your first and take on his salary.

I only make this deal if we have a deal for PG in place, and know for a fact we can unload Anderson/Ariza/Lou for Blake Griffin or Paul come july 1st.

20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Last season, before OKC swooped in on our deal for Taj and Dougie, we wouldn't give up Pat in a trade. Now, we're a bit more willing. And, the Bulls are still calling...

In any of these deals, the Rockets will lose some of their heart and soul. Obviously, I'm partial to a few players, but I understand the need to push for another star.

Vivi likes this.