1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets1616, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

More from the USC side
    [​IMG]

Bob Barker 007 likes this.
  2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Not going to get my hopes up but would certainly be a nice surprise. Knew things weren't going all that well at USC but apparently things are much worse. Swann even banned the Song Girls from basketball games...

Bob Barker 007 and Hustle Town like this.
  3. Hustle Town

I'm not getting too hopeful yet either, but it's fun to follow. Based on what we know, he'd be transferring after being enrolled at USC for only two weeks. Can't remember anything like that happening before.

4. gucci888

Reading there were a few other instances where the school basically tore up the NLI and the kid was free to go. Mod on 247 said it would be a straight transfer though.

Hustle Town and Bob Barker 007 like this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. gucci888

A lot of information flying around. Not sure what to believe although 247 reporting that Bru is officially in the portal now.

7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's see if he's forced to sit out for a year...

8. tinman

Supporting Member

I wonder is this because Kliff left USC?

9. Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin Member

I was listening to a podcast and heard some notes on Texas players at the senior bowl -

Charles Omenihu: Guy is really playing well. People are impressed with his physical stature. The guy from the podcast was talking to Charles and told Charles he reminded him of a Cameron Jordan type. Charles was like haha nope, I'm more like a bigger Chandler Jones type. You should watch my USC, Baylor, and Georgia tape. I was killing it.

Chandler Jones was a first round pick and an exceptional athlete coming out of college. He has since had a really good career and is a top tier NFL pass rusher. Omenihu could go in the second round some are saying. It'll be interesting to see where he goes.

Kris Boyd: People really like his physicality. He's a tough competitor and of course we all know much he likes to use his mouth. Scouts are impressed with what they've seen at practice.

I think he could be a decent #2 corner, maybe Marcus Peters ceiling. He lacks the fluid hips to turn and fly with the really good receivers you see on Sunday and of course struggles turning to go up and contest balls lol.

Poona Ford had a strong end to the season in Seattle and I think he'll get plenty more reps next year on their D line. Wasn't even drafted...

Holton Hill sure would look good in a Texans uniform right now. SMDH

Did Malik Jefferson ever touch the field for Cincy? The Bengals D was sorry and I think Nick Vigil was hurt part of the year...

10. Bob Barker 007

Texas 247 reporting that USC has given Bru a full release out of his LOI/NLI. Step 1 is done. If the NCAA grants a waiver, he will be playing this fall.

11. Bob Barker 007

12. Hustle Town

13. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Just WOW. 2 Five star WRs has to make you feel good.

14. Pringles

Pringles Member

What a pleasant surprise on a random Thursday.

15. gucci888

Picked up a 2020 OL commit as well.

16. Buck Turgidson

WOW.

When I said that Ingram needed a backup, well...damn.

17. gucci888

Do you mean Bru? He is listed as an athlete but was a WR/OLB. Not that WR depth was an issue but hope this gives Herman more flexibility to get creative with Whittington at RB. Ingram, Young and special package plays with Whittington should be good enough. Not that many people are talking about Derrian Brown either but hopefully we can RS him.

18. Hustle Town

Play Whittington like Tarik Cohen with carries and catches out of the backfield. If Bru wants to play WR, no problem, but let's draw up some defensive plays for him too.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

I was worried about someone replacing Lil ' Jordan, not anymore.

Now we need to find someone to replace Shaka

20. gucci888

Don’t think I’ve made it through an entire b-ball game the past 2 seasons. Unwatchable for me.