1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets1616, Aug 17, 2011.

1. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I sort of agree with this. Of the state's 5 star prospects, he is the only one that Texas has a shot with. He's also supposed to be the best linebacker to come out of a Texas high school since Derrick Johnson. If Texas wins 9+ and plays defense like I expect a Charlie Strong-coached team to play, I think he's a Horn at the end of the day.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all see TAMU's new locker room? They're tweeting dick picks, signing footballs and chugging champagne in there. There's even a strip drain and heated water to erase any evidence of sexual misconduct.
    [​IMG]

Meanwhile, UT is redoing their locker room to Charlie Strong's strict "no laughing" and "no gadget" specifications. The burnt orange chairs are sweet though, I bet the 2-star FB from Bartlett, TX is going to appreciate the tapered legs and fine leather stitching.
    [​IMG]

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

At least Strong knows how to get a passport.

4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, little brother. You can't quit us (or this thread), can you?

5. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I am impressed with what they have done and how much work they put into it but that room looks tacky as hell. They have the wrong people designing it. There are just too many colors and textures in one room. I haven't seen any of the other pictures but I'm sure everything else is nice and I'm sure all the recruits who see it will be blown away. Just saying that picture you posted looks like ****.

Texas will do their renovations with the South End Zone construction. They are going to completely rodo the facilities behind it which is pretty much everything. It sucks because it is a nice view of downtown when you are in the stadium but it is inevitable. There is no way they can resist now considering it will once again become the biggest stadium in Texas. Few years away from that though.

keep talking bro.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They are trying to compensate on how crappy College Station and their campus looks compared to ours.

Texas Fight

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Ziggy will have fun hanging in their locker room after another 4th place finish in the SEC West. Do you need a passport to enter?

1 person likes this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Have you seen the recruiting rankings lately? Even the College Station Police Department has more 5 and 4 stars than Charlie Strong.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That's great man. Ask Longhorn fans how much awesome recruiting classes mean. You don't need a passport to go to the Cotton Bowl at least.

10. Bob Barker 007

UT has its attention on building something much more important than football facilities right now. Instead of upgrading our football facilities, we are building a medical school and teaching hospital.
    [​IMG]

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Get out of here with that ****.

It's about football.

A medical school. Whoopty ****ing doo. no 17 year old soon to be felon is coming over for a medical building.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We builded this thing in Houston I think, [​IMG] We learn the farmers how to run the hospital there, and increase healthcare treatment costs so high that Obama look dumb. 6 stitches cost $1,300 now, lulz.

#4472 Ziggy, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Aggie education there.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what's UHer doing in an Aggie vs Longhorn battle?

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

As an Auburn fan with no dog in the whole UT-A&M debate...

It's hilarious how high and mighty A&M has become in just these past two years because Manziel made their program just relevant enough to win the prestigious Cotton and Chick-Fil-A bowls.

1 person likes this.
  16. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

I can't wait to watch Alabama play against their 7th grade defense this year.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You guys have to remember for us (A&M), we're trying to build our brand in the SEC right now. The line is blurred because we need guys who can come and knock heads against Alabama and LSU. UT is going in a different direction because they lost their way after attaining the pinnacle. A&M hasn't even had a way to lose yet, so we're just enjoying our time right now.

18. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

stop making it hard to dislike your kind. Where is Ziggy?

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't think A&M built that...I think they're leasing space there. It's in CityCentre, right across from Hotel Sorella.

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Can't lose what you don't have.