1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT -A&M prediction contest, comments, etc. (official thread)

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Baqui99, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

God, I hope so. UT 24, A&M 13.

2. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

The Biased Part of Me Says:

UT- 78
    Future Farmers of America - 0

The Unbiased, Objective Part of Me Says:

UT- 27
    A&M- 13

SURVEY SAYS...!!! (final tally using averages of both):

UT- 52
    A&M- 6

3. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

Peter Vescey says:

A&M - 30
    UT - 3

Looks like the Horns will prevail. :D

<i>-Turbo</i>

4. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Check the attendance of the UT football and baseball and basketball teams versus the a$m football and baseball and basketball teams.

Barnes has also acknowledged the fact that the students get the shaft on basketball tickets and he tried to fix this problem himself.

5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

the aggies do have good fans but calling us longhorns not on that level, thats quite harsh and i think you are good fans as are we, but best in country i dont think so, nonetheless ill be completely shocked if this game stays close, because the talent discrepancy is huge.

6. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

The game is 11 hours away. I plan on watching it, but could be sleeping or shopping with my mom.

A&M has pretty good baseball fans, no hoops fans. There is a small faction of about 50 or so hoops fans that are the ruddest, no-holds-bars fans, kick-ass fanatics. They're called the Reed Rowdies. They are pretty damn funny. But other than that, there are no hoops fans. There are even less than none women's hoops fans. I love hoops. Every game I go to I get courtside 2nd row seats, so it's pretty cool.

So my only point is A&M has the most loyal football fans in the country . Again, this is an objective opinion. I think they're too crazy and stupid. I'm not even proud of that fact about my schoo. But it is a fact. Man, I've been here for 3 years now. So many people here eat football, sleep football, breath football...and they're not even on the team. When bonfire was around, thousands of students would dedicate on average 12 hours a week for months of hard labor FOR FREE all based on being fans and being Aggies.

I mean, this thing developed into a whole life of its own, but it all started because of a football game. I'm not saying UT fans suck (Chris Simms said that-he was pissed y'all were screaming "Maaajoooor); I'm just saying y'all are like pretty much every other University in football fan support. Tennesse, Nebraska, OU.

There are so many fanatics here and alumni that decorate there walls with football stuff...it's just that way.

The animosity is pretty ridiculus too. Too much hatred by dumbasses from both schools. Yes A&M has hicks, but there are a lot of normal people too. I know UT has a bunch of idiots too.

So back to the fan thing. My school has the best. No big deal for me. Y'all longhorns should stop arguing just because of your damn pride. It's not a big deal...I don't even care. It's just a fact.

As for the game...Gigem Aggies...I guess.
    If I can't catch the game, can someone tell me how my boy Terrence Thomas does?

7. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Okay, guys, finally get some time alone at my parents' house in Sugar Land tonight...I'll be departing for Bryan/CS tomorrow morning at around 7:30 - 8 AM with a buddy of mine. We scored tickets on the 40 yard line, 10th row, lower deck for $80 a pop.

Kim, yes the Aggies are crazy about football. They may have the best fans in college football, simply because there is absolutely nothing else to do or think about in that little piece of crap hick town called B/CS. :D

Horn fans kick ass too, but our alumns are mostly rich guys who like to tailgate, sit down during games, and leave early during blowout wins. Aggie fans (student and alumns alike) are known for coming out early, standing the whole game, and singing the war hymn at the end, win or lose.

Enjoy the galleryfurniture.com bowl, ags. I'll be celebrating the New Year in the Big Easy for the Sugar Bowl.

8. Baqui99

Oh, ya, one more thing....

POOOOOOOOR AGGIEEEEES!!!!!

9. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

After a long morning or waking up at 6am to go wait in lines with my mom, :( I am finally home to catch the game...

1st Half Observations

Now, I know the A&M offense sucks. I stated it up top. It's just a fact. I mean, UT has an awesome defense they say, but the Aggies haven't scored a TD in the last 2 games.

I also know that the A&M defense is pretty damn good. At home, there are at times awesome.

But no matter how awesome the Aggie D is, I thought UT was supposed to be as good or better on offense. What's the deal?

And what's up with injuring the punter so he can't punt or kick field goals?;) (the truth is he probaby would have missed that kick anyways)

Well, some of y'alls predictions are as I predicted way to biased and stupid so far. Maybe the longhorns will blow up in the 2nd. Whatever....But it'd we be nice to see y'all arrogant longhorn biatches to eat crow. :)

10. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Last year was close at halftime too . . .

11. Major

Major Member

As it was in '99. Our OLine is having troubles and Simms is regressing. He has yet to learn to deal with pressure, and he's going to have to in the next 90 minutes...

12. Puedlfor

Kudos to the Aggie defense, I clearly underestimaed how long it would take for the Aggie defense to tire.

Good win.

Go Horns.

13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

well im here to give congrats to the aggies and say i severely underestimated you guys esp at kyle field and how you play us.

I didnt think your defense could keep you in it that long but they did and hats off to you. We both proved this is the best rivalry in college football and good luck in your bowl game.

14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Y'all know, this game pretty much went exactly as I planned it:

-UT's 3 touchdowns came on a blocked punt, a 30 something yard drive, and a 10 yard drive. Hey, at least they can score.

-A&M's TD came on a 30 something yard drive from good field position.

Hopefully, RC Scrotum will be outta here. Hopefully, Farris will go back to baseball. Hopefully, Reggie McNeal aka Michael Vick II will start as a true freshman under a coach who has balls and brains.

It was a good game: I sold a bunch of tickets to suckers who thought A&M would win; UT arrogant biotches can open up there eyes a little to see that they're not that good ;) (or A&M is not that bad...at least on D); and my buddy T-Thomas got to play the most he did all year. Too bad Farris throws worse than my mom and RC can't coach pop warner.

I guess I do have some Aggie pride, cause I'm a little pissed off that UT won....but, it's not a big deal.

Bring on the gloating.
    Good luck on your bowl UT.

15. Major

Major Member

That was an awesome game. A&M did exactly what they needed to do for 3 1/2 quarters -- just keep the game close and hope for the one big play you need to pull the upset. It just didn't work out, but the game was a lot more interesting and fun to watch than I had expected!

Doesn't make me real confident about facing a Florida in the BCS though.

16. Elvis Costello

The play selection in big games continues to be rather weak for the Horns. I don't know why they don't take advantage of their big and fast receiving corp by getting them the ball on the run. They relied way too much on the screen pass. Pretty awesome defense on both sides, though.

17. Major

Major Member

<B>The play selection in big games continues to be rather weak for the Horns. I don't know why they don't take advantage of their big and fast receiving corp by getting them the ball on the run. </B>

I'm sure people don't want to hear this, but much of this falls on the QB. There were receivers running deep & cross routes, but the QB did three things:

(1) Early on, he threw behind or ahead of receivers. I don't know if he lost confidence in them after that or not, but later he...
    (2) Took the short passes
    (3) Looked only at Roy Williams

Didn't matter where the other receivers went, but the QB only looked at Roy and threw to him regardless of the coverage. Simms threw 32 passes -- I'd say more than half were intended for Roy Williams. To his credit, Williams caught like 9 or 10 of them, so they were doing something right, but those were mostly the short passes. That CB was awesome on the deeper coverage. Simms does this against pressure -- I don't know why, but he always has. It's like he's playing not to lose. (same problem as the Prevent Defense)

Fortunately, today our defense was spectacular.

18. Puedlfor

Two of those three things can be attributed to the strong wind in the stadium today.

19. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

UT's D is good, but you should know that A&M scored 0 (zero) touchdowns against OU and Texas Tech. A&M also managed 1 offensive touchdownd agains Baylor. Baylor for crying out loud. If you see A&M score in double digits, most of it is directly related to some defensive play. A&M's offense sucks. There's no way around it. It sucks.

Honestly, I hope UT does well. But I agree that this doesn't boost my confidence in UT facing the Florida's of football.

20. Baqui99

Okay, arrived back at parents' house in Houston at about 6:15 PM. I've got some time now to go over today's events.

Recap: Left Sugar Land at 8:30 AM for Gomer Pyle Field. Got to my awesome seats about 15 minutes before game time, and they were spectacular: 45 yd line, 7 rows up (sect. 106). These seats were right behind the Aggie Sideline, and among the Aggie parents and families. Gomer fans were appalled to see a couple of young guys with these kinds of seats, and were really annoyed with how classless I was acting, and the taunts that I directed towards the Aggie bench, coaching staff, and fans.

Anyways, as for the game, as I expected, it started off VERY slow. Jeffery blocked the punt and ran it back early, and I thought it would be the first of many TD's on the afternoon. Turns out that the Aggie defense gets pumped as hell in Pyle Field. The crowd noise in that stadium is totally unreal. Non-stop for 4 quarters, the Gomer fans yell and scream at the top of their lungs when the visiting team is on offense. I think that the Faggies may have the one of the biggest home field advantages in the country simply because of how loud it gets. It is LOUD as hell.

The defense fed off the crowd's energy, and basically shut down the Horns' offense for 3 quarters. Both offenses struggled all day long, but in the end, good field position led to our to 4th quarter scores. Cedric finally turned it up a notch in the 4th quarter when the Aggies let up a bit. Pooooor Aggies. Big win in front of a hostile crowd for the Horns. Keith Joseph played a pretty good game for the Ags. Farris sucks. Christian Rodriguez is a good defender, and the as a unit, the Wrecking Crew did everything that they were asked. On the flipside, Simms had a very average day, but didn't commit any turnovers. Roy and BJ were subdued, and did not make any big plays. Quentin Jammer and Babers were phenomenal on coverage, shutting down the Ags, and Brooks and Vasher were hitting hard all game. Maurice Gordon and the rest of the front four manhandled the Aggies' o-line.

Pooooor Aggies. Enjoy the galleryfurniture.com bowl. I taste Sugar. Hook Em Horns.