1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

US Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) Discusses DNC Superdelegates and DNC Primary "Rigging" with Joe Rogan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Svpernaut, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

As a registered Republican who aligns more with Libertarianism I was extremely impressed with Rep. Tulsi Gabbard throughout this interview. While I don't agree with all of her policies, I definitely respect her ideals. If you tune in to the 53:18 mark she goes into the DNC Superdelegate system, why she chose to back Bernie Sanders, and why she thinks the DNC is in the wrong.

What she discusses in regards to the DNC and Superdelegates, and how the DNC openly thinks that "they know best" for DNC voters is eye opening. There are truly DNC members who believe that they know what's best for the country, regardless of who their members vote for. She also discusses the resistance within the DNC for removing the power of the Superdelegates.

In Hawaii, 70% of Democrats voted for Bernie Sanders in the primary, yet he only received 1 of the state's 4 Superdelegates. Why this isn't a bigger issue with Democrats, baffles her, and it baffles me. GOP Superdelegates votes, reflect the voters results. Again, before the DNC throws stones at the GOP for their mainy mistakes and failures, they should get their house in order.

I highly suggest that you watch/listen to her entire interview, as she discusses everything from US foreign policy, elections, partisanship, the military industrial complex, campaign finance, Hillary Clinton, DNC failures and more. She's clearly one of the few politicians in it for the right reasons, and who is openly trying to fight the "old guard" in Washington. We need more like her on both sides.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

But did she smoke weed?
    [​IMG]

3. Svpernaut

She talked a lot about weed and the many uses for cannabis.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I was joking, I actually listened to the podcast live

5. Svpernaut

Sorry I didn't get that I'm too busy...
    [​IMG]

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I like Rogan. There were recent talks to throw away the system, which they should. I think some of the replies defending it were that "it's their rules and they can make whatever up."

Now that it's exposed as a flawed and exploitable system, not changing it will be a big disaster.

One of the whiny complaints from pouty non voters were that this proved "the system was broken and rigged", so why bother participating in the process or even voting. Well the proof that votes still count is the primary system on the other side where a dumpster fire candidate beat out the establishment wing nation after state after state. And for the Bernie Bros who didn't remember or cared, it also happened ten years ago when Hillary still commanded a superdelegate lead over Obama, yet didn't prevail when the voters signaled that they'd vote their conscience and the will of the people they represented. I wonder if people have realized or owned up to that.

You still need money and attention, but I guess that's too hard and this should all be settled by tallying up the likes and swipes inside an app.

mdrowe00, B-Bob and Svpernaut like this.
  7. Svpernaut

Yup, that's my huge frustration with most Democrats and certainly many here on CF D&D. This has been a major issue for quite some time and admit it or not, it ended up handing the election to Trump. Yet, they still want to live in denial and point the finger across the aisle at all of the "ignorant," "racist," "redneck," "MAGA hat wearing trolls" within the GOP.

Meanwhile millions of moderates and Bernie die-hards crossed the aisle and voted for Trump as an anti-establishment pick or a third party candidate. The GOP knows they screwed up, Trump is the face of their party. The DNC just lives in denial blaming everyone and everything but themselves.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Hillary won the popular vote in the 2008 primaries. Hundreds of thousands more people voted for her over Obama.

9. biina

biina Member

It is not rigging. Anyone contesting on the platform knew the rules going in. It is no different from the current electoral college system.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Why would Democrats blame themselves for a guy who has a 85% approval rate among Republicans and a 5% approval rate among Democrats? I don't understand why you keep trotting out this dumb notion.

The DNC should do away with super delegates, they're dumb.

11. Svpernaut

This is completely untrue. Maine and Nebraska are the only states that aren't "all or nothing" with their electoral votes. Even in those states their state legislatures decide how to allocate their electoral college votes, and their legislature are elected. Not all DNC Superdelegates are elected officials, many are appointed by the DNC and their leadership - completely bypassing any democratic vote for their appointment. Also, Maine and Nebraska rarely split their electoral votes and when they do, they only have 9 total votes (Maine 4, Nebraska 5).

You clearly didn't watch the source video. Her point is that the DNC Superdelegates are the only way that the DNC "Elite" stays relevant. They use their power and influence to maintain control disregarding the votes from DNC primary voters in the process. She also reiterates that the DNC Superdelegates ability to ignore the voters completely undermines the foundations of our democracy... you know, that nagging "will of the people."

12. Svpernaut

Because their Superdelegates refusing to vote honestly lead to millions of Democrats to not vote for Hillary... and Hillary lost the election by just 120,000 votes across five states. The refusal of most Democrats to admit that fact, is why the Superdelegates remain.

And I call bullshit on 85% of the GOP approving Trump.

13. CometsWin

Most Democrats have no idea what a superdelegate is. You're reaching.

An average of 84% of Republicans say they approve of Trump’s job performance, compared with an average of just 7% of Democrats, according to Pew Research Center data collected over the past year and a half.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...far-are-unusually-stable-and-deeply-partisan/

No Worries likes this.
  14. Svpernaut

And that is exactly how the DNC elites want to keep it. Wake up, the DNC is rotten to the core and no better than the GOP in that regard.

The Podesta emails had overwhelming proof that Hillary is tied to the big banks and taking handouts. She was getting paid $250,000 for speeches we all know were bribes. Her foundation also had clear ties with Wall Street, and I have no doubt if a Mueller type level of investigation went into her campaign financing, there would be similar skeletons in her closet to Trump's.

Hillary is corrupt, as are the DNC elites - and Rep Gabbard says as much in this interview. She tried to get a 3-page addendum added to the defense spending bill that would stop the Secretary of Defense and Secretary of State from having unchecked power to go to war in Iran and only 60 people voted for it. You know why? Because hundreds of DNC lawmakers are in bed with the Military Industrial Complex just like the GOP.

There's the DNC's problem, just like the GOP. You have the politicians really trying to enact change, and then you have the old guard with their endless bank accounts and elite friends stifling their efforts every step of the the way.

The Podesta emails are overwhelming evidence of that and yet. Democrats by the millions are still deciding to stick their heads in the sand and drone on and on about Trump.

Nothing to see here... of course most people will approve of a president aligned with their party rather than have someone from the other party in.

This is broadly similar to patterns in past administrations: During Obama’s time in office, an average of 81% of Democrats approved of how he handled his job, compared with 72% of Democratic leaners. An average of 81% of self-identified Republicans approved of George W. Bush’s job performance, compared with 70% of those who identified as GOP leaners.

You can also approve of Trump's policies, and not approve of his actions and antics. Most republicans I know, do not approve of Trump's antics but they sure as crap wouldn't have wanted Hillary in office - even now.

I didn't vote for either, and if I had a gun to my head I'd choose Trump over Hillary because he is a snake in public so at least I know what to expect.

#14 Svpernaut, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  15. Svpernaut

Democrats who deny that Hillary colluded with the DNC elites and that she is in big with Wall Street and the Goldman Sachs of the world, are just as bad as Republicans that say the Mueller investigation is all smoke and mirrors. In the face of overwhelming evidence, they choose to live in denial.

If you cry foul about Hillary, you should cry foul about Trump. If you cry foul about Trump, you should cry foul about Hillary. They are both one in the same, doing whatever they can, with whomever they can to remain in power, and to gain more power. Laws and integrity be damned.

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Superdelegates remain because nobody likes to cede power and to prevent a Trump type event taking over the face of the party.

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If only Bernie had won 3 out of 4, he would have been the Democratic nominee for President!

Good to know that some Democrats are really bad at math when it suits them and that Republicans will attack Democrats over just about any nonsense that suits them.

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

You are a Republican Concern Troll grasping at the pearls around your neck.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Oh great another not-so-secret, let’s dominate the talk with crooked Hillary vs Bernie again and again thread.

-The DNC has new leadership since the 2016 election.

-Progressives are all over the ticket in Nov

-Many candidates like Beto are not taking money from PACs and 2020 candidates are “saying” they won’t at least for now.

-See Gillum race in FL. If he wins, it will be a referendum in the change.

-Hillary is taking walks in the woods.

-Bernie should too after Nov.

-Should we play whataboutism with the RNC? You want to go there .... really?

Invisible Fan likes this.
  20. CometsWin

One minute you call bullshit, the next minute you're peddling bullshit. Noice.

Dude didn't even blink. Lol