1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Update : Joe Rogan, King of Media > Legacy Cable News

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Feb 7, 2022.

?

Should he take ANOTHER 100 Mill to leave?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

100%. Money Talks, BS walks...which is why I stated Rogan won't move. Rogan took down those episodes, not Spotify. Its a win for everyone to make it appear Spotify took them down.

I like Rogan and his format. I don't care for 95% of his content. But lets be clear. There are 100 million altruistic reasons Rogan sticks around.

2. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Ive been listening to Rogan since about a year after he started. Back when his sponsor was the fleshlight lol. He's gotten pretty lame recently tho so I rarely listen but the last one with Randall Carlson was a blast from the past. Anyway these assassination attempts are about as lame as he has gotten. People will tire of him on their own with time just like I did. At least that's my take.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anybody offer Don Lemon or Chris Cuomo $100 million?

They got DMO's agent or something?
    @Jontro
    @Os Trigonum

Jontro likes this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What assassination attempts?

He has gotten off very lightly in my book, especially considering how long this has been going on and his popularity.

People have been canceled for far less, and I am not a fan of canceling anybody.

JayGoogle likes this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Apparently now if someone calls black people apes and you say "That was racist." it's now canceling that person.

Even if the person that made the comment also agrees it was racist to say.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

And if people refuse to use Spotify because they are making a free market decision, that's authoritarian and suppressing speech.

JayGoogle likes this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you have no problem with what Rogan has said over the years, it's the people that secretly like him spreading Lies?

Really my guy?

8. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

He's been listened to by millions for a long time and now there's video that's been up for ages being pushed to the forefront like it's news. Where was the uproar five years ago? Ten years ago?

Do I think he's racist? No. At least not in the traditional sense. He does generalize and can be confidently ignorant frequently but that's a lot of people from all races. I've come across these "micro aggressions" from all people all the time. I don't think you can police it. It's just human nature.

I mean what other mainstream host has ever had immortal technique sit down for 3hrs?

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This entire Rogan thing is mind boggling.

I can't believe this stuff is just getting out.

I can't believe some of the people trying to defend him.

I can't believe he is this freaking popular in the 1st place.

I have to wonder if he has had thoughts on running for office, he is kinda Trump like.

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It is news because he was not reaching this amount of people as he was before. I don't know why It's just now blowing up, but just because you have gotten away with it forever does not mean you never have to answer for your behavior.

These are a hell of a lot more than microaggressions he called black people Apes in public on a national show as well as using the Nword very liberally.

Why does him having immortal technique on for 3 hrs absolve him of anything?

If he had not picked a fight with the covid thing he probably would have skated but he thought he was untouchable and the chickens are coming home to roost.

This is not a guy who is just recording out of his basement, with much power comes much responsibility or you get a larger target on your back.

This is what happens when you start feeling yourself.

JayGoogle likes this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And I haven't even cancled my spotify because I don't listen to Young or Joni Mitchell...but if a bunch of people DID pull their music off of spotify because of this I'd have to make a market decision and ask if it was worth keeping.

Rogan is entertaining because he just casually talks to guest. He was in his lane when he was talking about random stuff like bigfoot, atlantis, ancient aliens...stoner stuff because he is a stoner.

I think this politics stuff is going to wear him down because mark my words, he's about to piss off the new 'fans' he's gained the past year. He's already committed to having on scientists that are pro-vaccine and anyone that's actually watched Joe knows...he's not very smart (he'll even say that himself) he's going to just end up agreeing with the scientist he brings on like he did at the start of this. Joe did a COMPLETE 180 on vaccines. If Joe feels pressured to have on more left leaning guests he's going to appear to be a big time liberal. My guess is Joe will do that for the next few months because Joe has always wanted to appear to be a centrist. He used to have on a lot of left leaning people but recently he's been on a right wing kick.

As for why he's popular, I don't know. A lot of people are just rebelling against 'legacy' media and thinking that random people are now good sources for news. It's unfortunate because a lot of the arguments made against legacy media...that it is biased and sometimes not factual...is often doubly true for people like Rogan and random youtubers..and all these people all rage against legacy media also have a bias for alternative media but people ignore that bias.

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

He acknowledged it in real time, not now that it resurfaced. He's apologized now that it resurfaced as well. He admits it was wrong. What else is he supposed to do?

You're black right? You mean to tell me you've never come across good black folks that say or make inappropriate comments about latinos or asians? What are we supposed to expect from them?

I just forget about it and move on. They're not keeping me down and maybe they'll grow with more experience. Im not concerned by it.

13. cdastros

cdastros Member

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Rogan is not folks you come around every day those people are not getting paid to have opinions, you are comparing apples to Volkswagen's and if I had a friend who said **** like this I would probably stop going around them.

Like I said before I have white friends who could say **** like this because I know it's actually a joke and we take the piss and I call them my ***** all the time because that's the kind of relationship we have, but they would have the good sense not to take that **** in public.

Just because you are not concerned that this MFer casually likes to call black people apes on national forum, more power to you and for the record I don't believe that white people cannot use the word ****** but **** this guy.

If it's ok to you that Rogan has said and done all this stuff, that's cool, but I say **** that smug *******.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I would not have near the issue with him if he was not clearly pandering to certain "type" if he was just doing **** to push the envelope and actually try and have meaningful conversations about race no biggie but he is just Bro'ing out and has gotten caught with his pants down.

It's just amazing that he has gotten away with it for so long and thought he was untouchable.

JayGoogle likes this.
  16. Gioan Baotixita

Lemonade and Cuomo are lucky even if they get their Starbucks orders correctly. Lol

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The part that is missed is his throwaway line that the cab driver barely spoke English, and I don't think the big guy to the left was very comfortable when he said it.

18. Gioan Baotixita

Let us just confront the truth, they tried to cancel Rogan because of his Covid talks. Legacy media in cahoots with the powers that be led by that shiet eating Keebler Elf to carry on their narrative. They will absolutely not tolerating any truths nor different opinions. The majority of you guys in here with the exception of a few bought this scam and are willingly giving up your freedoms based on their lies.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

20. tinman

Supporting Member

I disagree

They are trying to cancel him since they found out his audience is 10 times larger than them and went looking for a hit piece after him.
    They liked him BEFORE they realized he owns them

look they sent in their own top personality

then

then

Gioan Baotixita likes this.