1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Update: Brandon Knight status is "probable"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

QUESTION: What would be the bare minimum that would have you being ok with Knight's play.

5~10 Minutes
    6 pts
    1 reb
    2 asst
    0 turnovers

a Plus Minus of less than 4

I would be good with that

Rocket River

2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

My expectations from Knight is very simple : keep MCW off the court and it’s a win.

I don’t give a fork for anything else.

Corrosion, Huricane, topfive and 5 others like this.
  3. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Having not played in almost two years it wasn’t surprising he came in and shot two air balls... I still have hope for the guy. You know Morey is hoping he can play his way into some trade value.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Mebbe he'll play himself into a role right here; his preknee game was pretty good.

carib and batkins like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Some of it was empty stats on a bad team. I am thinking in his earlier Detroit and Milwaukee days he might have contributed more.

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I'll happily go with a half-full Knight thankewverymuch.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Update: status changed to "probably not gonna make a damn difference at all"

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

lol Pretty clear from the way MDA words his responses that Morey has told him to play Knight "if possible, please pretty please" and MDA has told him "UGH FFS MOREY".

Honestly, if you read every article about Knight in the past few months, you will realize he fully and truly understands how and why he sucked and accepts the blame and has - off the court - displayed an attitude that impressed Phoenix and Rockets coaches. This guy has 1 very good skill (shooting) and one decent skill (driving). Guys like that if they are able to become hard workers, it makes a difference.

I believe that a 90% Knight with 100% hard work could be better than a 100% Knight who was working hard about 50% of the time in Milwaukee and Phoenix. Also, there are no veterans who looked good in Phoenix. There are no rookies who matured in Phoenix.

I wish him luck. We can't afford a 4th guard at his price tag, but I think he will make it as a backup PG in this league. He seems willing to work hard and be humble.

xaos likes this.
  9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

MDA on Knight:

I feel like, if not for the infection in his knee after working all summer to be ready for camp, we would have had an easy time trading him with 2nd rounders for a rotation piece. That's unfortunate. Absence and poor play of Paul, Gordon and MCW would have given him some minutes in the showroom early.

Anyhow, hopefully he is capable of giving Paul just one extra 4-minute rest while Paul gets through these initial stages of mAnopause. Especially with Gordon starting right now, I think it's a good time to see if he can help that bench unit for 10 minutes. If he has 2-3 strong games, the cost of trading him for an expiring goes from a first rounder to 2 2nd rounders imo. Perhaps this is what's keeping the Rockets from pulling the trigger on sending out the 1st.

If he shakes off some rust and can shoot, perhaps Sacramento would be interested in Knight, Melo and our first for Zach Randolph and Justin Jackson? Don't know whether the Kings have cooled on Jackson's potential and whether they're happy with Ferrell as backup PG, but Jackson would be a useful 15 rotation minutes on a manageable/friendly contract with reasonable potential in the short term. Who knows maybe Randolph can lose 25lbs before the playoffs and help us too lol. Could very well be that the Kings still rate Jackson way higher than I understand though.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That would be all right with me, even with a turnover. I honestly don't know how long it will take him to get into NBA shape. Is he going to end up like Brandon Wright?

Rocket River likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

BK update from MDA

heypartner likes this.
  12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I would love to see them get him some more G-league time .

He needs to get comfortable playing 20 mpg .... and he isn't gonna get that up here unless we have injuries .

Mathloom likes this.
  13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

probable?

No.

Definitely ****.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't think it's right to think Knight will end up like Wright. On any given night.

Deckard likes this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope you will be proven to be correct. He has a very long road ahead of him.

16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Man. I remember when we signed Brandon Wright I raved about that move. My buddies were making fun of me at the time chirping me for pretending that was a move of any significance. I definitely looked stupid but all was forgotten once we spanked everyone in the playoffs until the last two games.

saleem likes this.
  17. TheSource

TheSource Member

Brandon Knight is going to be an important piece this season

xaos likes this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

FIFY.

alethios likes this.
  19. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

I suggest to put him in G league and give him some minutes for NBA. he needs to play more games to get back his real level

BaselineFade likes this.
  20. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Agree with G league for 3-5 games of 25+ min handling the ball with 12 or more shots.

BaselineFade likes this.