1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unofficial Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by deb4rockets, Dec 12, 2023.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Titans will be flaunting their Oiler Blue uniforms in our faces this week in Tennessee. Let's take them down!

I hope DeMeco comes up with a better defensive plan this week after last week's sh*t show. As for our offense, it's down to a shell of what it was, and that worries me most. We can't even rely on field goals or extra points this year. It's crazy. Bad luck has swarmed this team, and it's getting ridiculously old to see starters get injured every single week. I'm asking the powers that be to bless us with some strength this week to stay healthy. This is a must win game!

I'm worried about Tavierre Thomas. I sure hope that hamstring injury Sunday wasn't bad. We need him! He's one of our best defensive players. I'd love nothing more than to see Greenard, Anderson, and Cashman bring on the sacks attack. Indy sacked Levis 6 times a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, we are ranked 26th in passing yards allowed, so Stingley, if ya hear me I'm betting on you to snag a couple interceptions from Levis.

What helps us this week is that we have a good rush defense, and are ranked 8th in the league. We need to contain Henry this week, who is 3rd in the league in rushing yards. He rarely fumbles the ball. In fact, he's only had 1 fumble in the past 3 seasons. Go Defense!

jch1911, ROCKSS and conquistador#11 like this.
  2. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

This is the game that we’re gonna see what kind of X’s and O’s type of coach Demeco is. Him and the coordinators are gonna have to coach their butts off in terms of schemes. That motivating stuff is not gonna be enough when you’re missing so many pieces on both sides and the Titans have the better team on paper Sunday because of the injuries we are suffering.

deb4rockets and conquistador#11 like this.
  3. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

I don’t trust Davis mills. I trust case slightly more.

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Fingers crossed CJ passes protocol

deb4rockets and cmoak1982 like this.
  5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Agree with this. If CJ is out it should be Case or a very short hook on Mills. If we don't have Nico it really doesn't matter who the QB is in my opinion.

6. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Is Mills really worse than some of the trash or regressed to the mean back ups that they’ve been trotting out? Is he worse for one game than ‘the pastronaut’, Tim Browning, freaking Danny Devito?

Mr. Dominant and ROCKSS like this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Mills is 4-1 on the road in division weirdly enough

ROCKSS and deb4rockets like this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Wont matter who's at QB if the defense is going to play the same way they played against the Jets.

9. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

The Texans need to do something different I don’t know what it is but they gotta do something…Don’t let the titans win. We have whataburger here in Nashville now but it suddenly isn’t as good as Texas and no HEB ,…Let’s go Texans ! Surprise us

PS has Whataburger gone down in quality in Texas as well? it just seem like it was better when I was younger eating it in Houston

Shark44 likes this.
  10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Do we have enough players? One thing they could do differently is not be so predictable on offense: two runs/pass, repeat. I thought the offensive coordinator was supposed to be "something." Not seeing it. Is he a relative of BOB? As to the defense, just defend, run tackle, etc. On Sunday, the results would have been pretty much the same whether they had been on the field or not on the field. They actually looked like they were not out there as easily as the Jets moved the ball. The second half was one of the worst football performances (Texans) that I have ever seen at any level. Yes, I have played football.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  11. solid

solid Contributing Member

I kind of think that most everything has gone down in quality except electronics.

ROXRAN likes this.
  12. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

The business was family owned until 2019 when it was sold. Since then it has been managed by a private equity firm. The quality has suffered since the sale, so yeah, it's the same everywhere now.

ROXRAN and gfab-babyboi like this.
  13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Henry 18 rushes, 185 yds and a tutty.

That would be a below avg game for him against HOU.

14. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Like many businesses, they buy the reputation and then set about destroying it to gain marginal production savings. It happens all the time, usually by new wives who understand accounting, but not brand value.

15. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I understand Those who weren't around at the time, but the Luv Ya Blue Oilers were HOUSTON for a while.

I am firmly of the opinion the property rights to teams and their uniforms should belong to the cities if they spend one dime toward the stadium or improvements to access the stadium. I'm tired of the blackmail Large Corporations are carrying out to get cities to pay for the owners largest expenses.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  16. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Injuries have killed this team, as another poster to eloquently put it, sometimes the next man up mentality doesn't work because of the quality of the next man up

Personally, I don't want CJ to play, he is the future, and they need to protect him. I am sure he WANTS to play but shouldn't out of extreme caution

roxallways and ROXRAN like this.
  17. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I agree as much as I want to see CJ out there I don't want him hurt. I think we can be capable with a back up at this point considering health.

ROCKSS likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

You are speaking to someone who went to Oilers games. I know that. That was why it's sickening for them to wear them playing the city they left. I really hope we find a way to win with our defense. I'm worried about an offense without our wide receiver threats. I sure don't trust our running game.

ROCKSS likes this.
  19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Or by sons who grew up on Daddy's money and fame, but are terrible at taking on the inherited business.

Marshall Bryant likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

We are 8th in the league against the rush, with teams averaging 95 YDS against us. I'm more worried about our terrible pass defense. We've made rookies and backups and their backups look like starters too many times.