1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unofficial Official Offseason Thread (2024)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Tuckmose, Jan 20, 2024.

1. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Yea, I get nervous that we start believing our own hype, we haven't done anything yet..................BUT, I do have high expectations for next year and I am not sure I have been more excited for an upcoming Texans season as I am for the upcoming year................and with the new bad ass uni`s, good LORD I am in Heaven. Thank you Hannah (and Cal) for the high..................IMO Hannah changed this thing around and all Cal had to do was listen :D

Buck Turgidson and IBTL like this.
  2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Texans won their division and a playoff game last year. I count that as something.

After signing a strong crop of FAs, I think it's realistic to believe they are in striking distance of the Super Bowl next year.

3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I 1000% get the feeling of nervous trepidation in getting amped for this team. We have been hurt so deeply before. But it’s never, and I mean NEVER, been like this. Those years with Andre, Arian, watt… we had schaub and kubiak (I know, I know, kubiak wasn’t horrible). Then we had dhop added in, still schaub and losing foster. Then dhop, Watson, watt… bill Obrien led the charge.. all of this while management made blunders. Draft picks after the first round were abysmal, FA signings always ended up worse here (reed, honey badger, Lamar Miller, cooks, etc)

now. You have a GM that has been relatively lights out in all rounds, a young coach that appears to know what he is doing and energizes the team unlike anything I’ve seen, free agents flocking to come here, a qb with the best rookie season ever and some very repeatable skills, a young ELITE core group including a DROY and OROY. Mixon, Diggs, collins, Dell, WAJ, Hunter… a front office rectifying past blunders, cleaning house of snakes that we never thought would happen. New unis that didn’t flop.

I know it’s hard to overcome what we have been through, but there is a reason this is the most excited you have been. Stars have not aligned like this in the entire history of the franchise. Even if it doesn’t work out next year, this team is about to go on the best run in its short history, and truth be told, we as a fanbase deserve it. This doesn’t feel like a 24-0 lead in the first quarter. This feels like a :46 drive to win it and that’s the difference.

raining threes, IBTL and Red.Glare like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

“…could get an extension soon.”

zeeshan2 likes this.
  5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

If Nico gets an extension, I’m going to be ecstatic

mikol13 and cbass like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. raining threes

Why do people care about the uniforms?

8. raining threes

Finally after 2 decades there's competence down on Kirby and ownership is letting them do their jobs.

houstonstime likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

CJ Stroud and Stefon Diggs are asked who’s the best team in Texas now: Diggs- “Hopefully it’s on Thanksgiving, so we can figure out who’s eating turkey and who’s not”

#1089 J.R., Apr 25, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
    mikol13, crose and red5rocket like this.
  10. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lmao. Clueless BOB strikes again

mikol13 and everyday eddie like this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

yo is the texans good again now?

houstonstime and Bobbythegreat like this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Si

Jontro and houstonstime like this.
  14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That will change the look of helmet designs. It will be interesting seeing those mixed in with the other helmets.

16. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

They've done this before right? Remember those helmet caps some players wore in the 90s. I think they were rubber but I might be wrong. Can't find a picture.

17. conquistador#11

Amazing job to fill out the roster with the conclusion of this draft.
    Depth everywhere except DT. Hoping a good vet gets cut during training camp so that Houston can pick him up.

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Trying to speak / type this into existence

Swap RB Dameon Pierce + conditional 2025 2nd (becomes 1st if HOU in AFCCG + Allen plays 800+ snaps) to WSH for IDL Jonathan Allen

Swap 2025 6th with SF for 2025 7th + RB Eli Mitchell

Sign SAF Justin Simmons (2 years, $30M, $14M SB, $21M gtd)

Ship!

I had typed a whole projected 53 man roster + 16 PS players, but then comp crashed :mad::oops:& don't feel like retyping it o_O