1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Unofficial] Cowboys @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jet Blast, Aug 28, 2010.

1. verse

verse Contributing Member

Considering almost every other fellow Houstonian I know hates Dallas as much as I do, I'd say it is a rivalry. We hate the entire city, their freeway system, their wannabe LA South plasticity, their sports teams, their airport, their air of entitlement, everything...always have, always will. So, honestly, ryan17wagner, I don't give a damn if we're playing basketball, football, hopscotch, pinochle, or pick-em-up-sticks. I want to punch Dallas in their face, literally and figuratively, every time we are in the same ballpark, stadium, arena, playground, or bikerack of each other. And I don't give a rat's ass if we haven't played or seen each other in the last 4 weeks, 4 years, 4 decades, or 4 score and 7 years...it won't change. I'll hate them just the same...probably more for making me wait so long to punch their lights out again.

If that's not a rivalry, then damnit I don't know what is. I spit on Dallas. I give Big D the Big Finger. I throw my size 13 shoe at their surgically reconstructed faces. Hey, Dallas, it's me. Go **** yourselves!

5 people like this.
  2. Remix

Remix Member

Uh, yes it does. Your thinking to close minded here. This goes beyond sports and how many times the teams have played against each other. Just as California has NorCal and SoCal, Texas has Dallas and Houston. So anything involving the two cities there will be an inherit rivalry.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Rep this man.

**** Dallas.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Dude is just trying to belittle the Texans. He's an obnoxious Cowboys fan.

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Same here. I'm watching the pregame show now on CBS 11, and in the first five minutes, they've taken plenty of jabs at the City of Houston and the fans already.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Man, the KHOU local pregame show is pretty r****ded.

7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Always big when you play the Cowboys, but I'd take a week 3 win over one tonight anyday.

Things I want to see. Improvement in the running game. A pass rush. Solid O line play across the board.

8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Post of the year!! I agree completely. I've hated everything Dallas immediately out of the womb.

9. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

You just said what I've been talking about. It's not a rivalry. It's just Texan fan hating on Dallas. Houston hates Dallas. But Dallas doesn't give a second thought about the Texans. That's not a rivalry.

I love every city in this state. It's Texas. Don't compare Texas to NoCal and So Cal. Texans-Cowboys won't be a rivalry anytime soon and it makes no sense to hate a Texas city.

10. RocketMania1991

Dallas doesn't give a second thought about the Texans....? I can find a multitude of people who can disprove that statement.

11. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Nope. No reason too. Different conference. They play every four years when it counts. That's like Tampa Bay Bucs fan worrying about the Texans. Makes no sense.

12. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Do you not remember when Jerry Jones called the Texans hicks? Actually it was more of a shot at Houston

http://blogs.chron.com/jeromesolomon/2008/10/jerry_jones_calls_the_texans_c.html

13. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I have family that lives in Arlington. I guarantee you that rivalry exists, no matter the sport. But football is the biggest, especially because of the rarity of games. I will be texting all night, letting them know how much better Houston is.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

OH MY GOD IT'S GUS JOHNSON!

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Man.

I hope there are long passes and big hard hits.

Why?

Gus Johnson!

16. Chopped

Chopped Member

GUS JOHNSONNNNNNN OMFFFGGGGGG

17. verse

verse Contributing Member

Dallas fans have their heads so far up their asses that they turn their noses up to any and every other team. In that, and using your logic, there is NO team with a Dallas rivalry. Every year you think you're going to the Superbowl. Every year you think you're winning your division. And every year for the last decade plus, EVERY team in the league points and laughs at your misplaced arrogance. It's an arrogance so insidious that you could actually fool yourself into believing Miles Austin is better than Andre Johnson. It's an arrogance so ludicrous that you guys have claimed Tony Homo is in the same breath as Manning and Brady. In truth, he can't carry Aaron Rodgers' jock, but if you ask the typical Cowboy crap spewer, he's the best thing since Steve Young or Montana or Moon or Elway.

Is it hate? Yep. You got it right this time. Other teams have a healthy respect for their opposition. Even LA fans will give a measure of respect to the Rockets and we haven't beaten them in the playoffs since I was a Roy Tarpley hater. Ask a Cowgirl fan and the Eagles are bums. The G-men suck and New Orleans just got lucky they didn't face Roy Williams and Pat Creighton in the playoffs. After all, you beat them in the regular season and that's the true measure of greatness. You guys should do everyone a favor and go sign McGrady to your team. He's a regular season, long on promises, short on results guy, too. He'd be perfect there.

I swear if Obama was from Dallas, I'd renounce my nationality and my blackness.

2 people like this.
  18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

LOL.

Now Rackers has to make a tackle.

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

If you didn't rep the other post, then Rep this one just for the last line.

20. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Great start from the D