1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UNDISPUTED] Sauces say there is tension between Chris Paul and Rockets over Tillman low-balling

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

1. Paul George is not a superstar, he’s a complimentary star

2. Paul George is nowhere close to Harden’s level...Harden didn’t get a pass for game 6 because it was a home game against a SA team without Kawhi and he played like he was given orders to throw the game

Game 5 was an elimination/must win game for OKC as well and PG put up 34, 8, and 2

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

if he goes to LA with PG, he will have to hope that they can acquire another star down the road as Bron and PG is not enough to contend

Houston easily gives him the best chance of getting a title in the immediate future, but I do see the downsides here starting with CP3 being 33 and extremely injury prone along with the fact that the team will be in cap hell with an old roster and limited ways of getting better

How does he feel about committing long term to Houston when u can’t be sure how long CP3 will play at a star level and u can’t trust his health? You’re coming here to form a Big 3, but 1 of those members is such a huge risk.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Kawhai is only making 20M this year, 9M for 10 empty roster spots(rookie min), they still have 71M left which is enough to sign both CP3 and Lebron.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Ya’ll don’t got better **** to fight about? Lebron’s gonna do what he wants. Logical, irrational or whatever

ryano2009 likes this.
  5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Well if PG is a complimentary star than that puts him right in the same boat as Kevin Love... I think people forget the type of player Love was before he joined the Cavs. He was putting up 40 points and 20 boards like it was normal.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

actually no, it doesn’t, there’s levels to this

Kevin Love was padding stats on bad teams, good for him...it got a lot of y’all to start overrating him

fckbandwagons likes this.
  7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Who cares dude it’s the freakin NBA if you put up 26-13 for an NBA season on 45% shooting from the field and 38% shooting from 3 you are a beast. If it’s so easy to pad stats on bad teams why is nobody else putting up those numbers?

8. basketballholic

More garbage.

Anybody that thinks we're not offering cp3 the 5-year max if he wants it doesn't understand what's happening here.

And if you believe this drivel that Morey and Les promised cp3 a max and Fertita is claiming he won't honor that commitment and that he didn't know about it....then you don't know how this works either.

Whatever wink-wink obligations were made prior to ownership change....Fertita knew all about all of them. So Fertita knows and will honor giving cp3 a full max deal.

What has happened is Paul realizes that if he takes the full 5-year max and puts us into the luxury tax that we have exactly four seasons in the luxury tax and then we tear it down because Fertita is NOT committed to paying the REPEATER LUXURY TAX!! And unless something changes.....he won't pay the repeater tax.

So what it means is if Paul signs a full 5-year max then we aren't trading for Lebron and going into the tax. Because we're not going to get stuck paying the Repeater Luxury Tax in the last year of Paul's deal.

So Paul has a choice. He can either give something up on the front end to get the team built out and avoid the luxury tax this coming season so him (and Lebron) can run out the string to age 38 together on max deals or go ahead and take his 5-year max deal now, damn the torpedoes-full speed ahead right into the luxury tax only to watch us wind out of it in his last season Or sooner. Or watch us wind out of it this season by letting Capela walk or signing and trading him for parts....And not getting our big third guy.

That's why I said in my thread about trading Ego, Anderson, and Capela that this season is dependant on Paul. He's in control. He can have all his money. But if he takes all his money he can't have the roster he really wants. And to get the roster he really wants he's got to give up something in 2019.

So this has NOTHING to do the the Rockets pulling a fast one on cp3. It has to do with future luxury taxes and repeater luxury taxes and the limitations those taxes place on teams taking on long term big money when they're already in the luxury tax.

:::::::::::::::::

By the way.....I'm lowering my odds of Lebron coming here to 60/40, Houston/LA. I still believe at the end of the day LeBron chooses to come here....because I believe the best opportunity for Lebron to win multiple championships and dethrone the Warriors is here in Houston. And I think that's the most important thing to him.

But.......He does prefer to be in LA and build his own team there essentially. And he wants to do it with Paul ideally....and another guy (KL or possibly PG). But for him to accomplish that he's got to convince Paul to go back to LA on a cut rate deal anyway since LA can't take both him and cp3 into cap space. Both him and cp3 would have to take discounts and then they'd have to get George to agree to opt in and be traded. (This is why Kawhi is trying so hard to be traded there.) Lakers could actually save cap space and give more to LeBron and Paul or George. But the Spurs aren't cooperating.) Or sign LeBron and George and get us to cooperate on a sign and trade for Paul.. .Lonzo Ball anybody?

So, it's just not working out for Lebron in LA. Even if he could get all that done....they don't have the ability to fill out the roster with enough role players to defeat the Warriors.

So I really don't feel too much different about the situation. I just discovered how hard LeBron is trying to sell Paul on going back to LA with him and we all know how badly Paul wants to play with Lebron.

I still think LeBron winds up here. But I'm conceding to the possibility of Paul walking to the Lakers with him....even though I can't see Paul doing that. 60/40 Rockets/Lakers. Could go back up depending on what I see/hear happening. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. But knowing the cap situation, the luxury tax, the repeater tax, and these guys desire to play together and win championships I think Houston is the place.

#188 basketballholic, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

95% was way too high so good to see it come down to 60%. But 60% is still too high. Maybe more like 6% or 0.6%.;)

10. biina

biina Member

Its still 5v5 basketball.

Lebron+PG13 success will still depend on how good/bad other players around them are e.g. can those players defend and/or knock down open shots

If the supporting cast is decent enough, they will likely get to the conference finals cos Lebron is a matchup nightmare for most teams and requires they send help, leaving the rest playing 4v3.

11. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

12. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

This guy is killing me, he's on a Nat'l program on 790 right now and he KEEPS saying Tillman FerTATTA; TATTA!! not Titta!! WTF??

13. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Is it DareAll MoreCheese??? o_O

Dgn1 likes this.
  14. alethios

alethios Member

Broussard is creating drama where there is none just to pad his stats.

DonKnock, Dgn1, House Rockets and 2 others like this.
  15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Rumor has it Broussard likes to "snoodle" or "dock" with his sources! Let's spread that around and sees how much he likes it!

luckyman76 likes this.
  16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

As long as we keep the team intact I could care less if we don’t end up with another star. We were literally 1 game away from a championship and we took GSW right till the end without CP. This is a fantastic team I just hope Morey and the owner don’t **** it up

17. BackdoorHarden

RedNation, DonKnock, ipaman and 4 others like this.
  18. Bids9

Bids9 Member

19. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

D-rock, Dgn1 and hakeem94 like this.