1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Understanding Radicalization: 'How ISIS Brainwashed Me'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 27, 2016.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Can you explain to me how an ISIS road block in Mosul, Iraq where the ISIS members stop random vehicles and give them a pop quiz on the Quran, the prophet etc and execute anyone who fails is a 'reaction to colonialism'?

You can attempt to make any excuse for terrorist attacks on Western soil on 'colonialism' and Western intervention but good luck explaining how ISIS, Al-Qaeda and Taliban controlled regions govern or explain how a large portion of Muslims believe that death for apostasy is a-ok or explain how almost every Muslim dominant country has severe women's rights issues. Do those Muslims believe that way to spite us Westerners or more realistically do they believe the way they do because of Islam?

#21 fchowd0311, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sure

If there was no Iraq war there would be no ISIS and no road block. If there was no Afghanistan, there would be no ISIS and no road block. If the U.S. had never supported the House of Saud, Wahhabism, and jihadist, there would be no ISIS and no road block. If the UK didn't turn the middle east into a colonial state, there would be no ISIS and no road block.

Do you understand now?

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Nope, I did address them, you just don't want to even consider them. That's what is sad.

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Iraq war has nothing to do with it. If Al Qaeda still existed, we would have no ISIS.

Do you understand now?

5. fchowd0311

I'm not referring to the circumstances that allowed ISIS to gain power. I'm taking about that one particular ISIS fighter in that scenario I described.

You are stating that an ISIS's fighter's motivations have more to do with Western colonialism than Islam. I'm asking what motivation does an ISIS fighter have for executing an Iraqi for failing a quiz on Sunni Islam?

6. fchowd0311

The most ironic thing here is an ISIS fighter would gladly tell Sweet Lou that his entire motivation is for the advancement of an Islamic Caliphate. Straight from the horse's mouth, yet... It has nothing to do with Islam. Makes perfect rational sense.

#26 fchowd0311, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Ideologically speaking, for these terrorists, there are two kinds of people that cannot be tolerated:
    • The apostate
    • The infidel
    Essentially, for Sunni terrorists, any Muslim that isn't already a Sunni has pretty much declared themselves an apostate. So they must be murdered. Sunnis who have not converted to their brand of Islam perhaps just have not been given enough time or the right teachings to understand what is true Islam. The infidels? They are all wrong. They must all be destroyed; just like the apostate.

The problem that exists among Muslims is that so many are sympathetic to the murder of apostates. That is EXACTLY how the terrorists see it: apostates must be punished with murder. That's where the problem exists among Muslims - not enough of them are standing up and saying "you know what, that whole 'murder apostates' thing in the Koran, that does NOT need to be interpreted in a literal sense".

8. fchowd0311

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7DRbLZnMh6A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

^ Sweet Lou, can you explain how that mob was motivated by Western colonialism?

9. fchowd0311

No you didn't address them. You regurgitated your initial premise for the thread into different wording.

No retort on how Muhammad being th most venerated figure in Islam is a large problem. No retort on the differences between Christianity and Islam. I get it. That right there is when **** gets nuanced and frankly as an ex-Muslim, I just know more about it than you, thus you are unwilling to go to that level of nuance.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

That particular fighter was indoctrinated in jihad against the west using images of Iraqi bombs blowing up children. To get someone to strap a bomb on themselves to blow up kids, you have to demonize the west and all westerns as a cruel, exploitative entity that is set upon destroying them. Just like the right here wants to demonize all Muslims for the behavior of a few.

You clearly do not understand how people work.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I did address it, and you ignored it. I don't know what else to say - you just didn't like the answer.

12. fchowd0311

This ISIS fighter is fluent in Arabic. He understands and memorized the entire tasfir of the Quran. He knows the life of the prophet in as much explicit detail there is available. Why is it so easy for him to make those justifications?

Because Islam makes it easy and yes, more so than Christianity.

Using the argument that they strap bombs to themselves and are willing to kill themselves is an argument against your rhetoric Sweet Lou. Finding motivation to kill yourself and then be rewarded is only something religion can do.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

It's about power and conformity, not god. You can't grasp that. The religion is mostly the crux, a solution grasp onto to deal with an inferior complex.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3iV8X8ubGCc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. fchowd0311

You answer was a regurgitation of your initial premise that Western imperialism is the motivation.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

His extremism in Islam stems from his anger, it's not the other way around.

A religion only magnifies what is in someone already. A person who is self-loathing or angry is someone who can be radicalized. Doesn't matter what religion you use.

Islam isn't why people chant "death to America".

16. fchowd0311

So when someone kills themselves in order to be rewarded, they are desiring power and conformity? That seems pretty damn counter intuitive. I would assume it's because of God and God is accepting what they are doing.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

and your response is a regurgitation of your position that the Quran is the motivation.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Suicide bombers are brainwashed instruments of war. We are speaking about the video you posted.

19. fchowd0311

Yes, it is for many ISIS fighters. I mean... go ask them yourself.

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It sounds like how Pimps get girls into prostitution.