1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Undeniably, Morey made a mistake.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Siu0410, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Siu0410

Siu0410 Member

Daryl is a smart guy. He's had much history and experience dealing with China during his tenure as a Rocket.
    As the GM, you best pray that none of your personal or business decisions will cost your team in millions.

In the light of all the hateful posts and posturing with different political stances,
    I'd encourage us all to take a step back and use our objectivity.

There is propaganda from both sides. You may NEVER know what is 100% real and fake.
    Always question what you read and your sources.

Anyhow, it's a blessing that we share the love for the Houston Rockets.
    Clutchfans is a place that I've frequent everyday to enjoy my Rockets Fandom in the past 10 years.

Keep it civil, it is not likely for us to convince anybody or win an argument on the internet.

Let's get it RedNation.
    #onemission

2. theimpossibles1

This thread is textbook oppression. Gtfo.

P.S.: saying "undeniably" completely undermines your entire statement.

#2 theimpossibles1, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    meh, roslolian, da_juice and 4 others like this.
  3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

@Siu0410 has been added to my Beijing Propagandist List

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

China made a mistake with their bullshit law

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Neat

B-Bob likes this.
  6. thetennisyao

thetennisyao Member

Put me in your list!

Rockets should just give up the Chinese Market. Everyone calm down, Tillman is rich.

7. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Renounce your US citizenship if you love your country so much!

calurker and Nook like this.
  8. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Hell nah. This is H-Tine Hol it Dine! Chinese commies can take a seat!

slothy420, clutchdabear and HP3 like this.
  9. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Tilman isn't rich by NBA owner standards, though. He's bottom 5 in net worth. Steve Ballmer is rich, not Tilman Fertitta, when talking NBA basketball.

10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Adam Silver and Tilman would co-sign on moving the Rockets out of Houston if China demands it.

This is how far the NBA has fallen. They have to grovel at the commies dinner table.

11. thetennisyao

thetennisyao Member

I was international student and got my Masters in the US. I never got US citizenship.
    All I am saying is your list is pointless. You can put 1.4 billion people on your list, and wont do rockets any good.
    I understand values of both countries. I think we are all basketball fans here, our goal is try to get over with this thing asap.
    At the end of the day its all about market and money. Rockets may suffer some time and lose the chinese market temporarily , but chinese fans will come back.

12. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

I believe Morey would un-do his tweet if he could, there's no doubt. His tweet did zilch for the people of Hong Kong while the Rockets took a noticeable financial hit. Most people already knew of the HK protests, so it wasn't like this increased global awareness. And at the end of the day, it made the NBA look like complete hypocrites as Silver basically announces Morey's tweets as "inappropriate" while at the same time moving the all-star game away from Charlotte for not allowing transgender bathrooms.

13. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

Even a neutral statement likes this gets attacked and labeled as “Beijing propaganda”

I read OP’s profile, he does not pick a side. Has not voiced his support China.

Yet you clowns can’t handle it. No, what you’ve read must be 100% whole truth. Nothing but the truth.

OP I agree with you and your message.

The rest of you (who can’t accept a neutral peacemaker) can **** off.

Siu0410, ClutchCity3 and kaden like this.
  14. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Why didn't you study in China? Were schools in China not good enough for you? This is TREASON.

15. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

The NBA makes to much money in China. IT's why Morey will be let go before they ever abandon China

16. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Do you really think you can still convince people to side with China? This is an American forum and no one is brainwashed.

17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

If you want to get over this thing, first learn how to respect others rights, especially in their own house.

If you want others to respect you, then look into the mirror first and ask yourself : can you stop doing sh’tty things?

If you think this things is somehow related to your own business and you got offended, then at least clean up your acts, being civilized and stop promoting hatred towards religions, sexual preference , discrimination on races and sex on your own social media.

And then we can sit down and talk.

18. thetennisyao

thetennisyao Member

No because I forcasted I would fail Gao Kao(the chinese college entry test)
    Study oversea was my next option, so I picked US universities. In the end, I was successful and got Masters of engineering.
    One thing I learned in the US is in this big melting pot, you find things in common and put away the difference.
    I mean the damage is already done, lets try to get over it and just watch basketball.
    I feel regretful to Tillman. He will lose China market for some time, but I hope not for long.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  19. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Don’t feel too bad for him, he’s still a billionaire.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Why did you have to pick a US university? The Party will take good care of you even if you failed the exam! I strongly question your loyalty to the Party and your motherland. You are totally a sellout.

Mazulis likes this.