1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ummmm.......

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Achebe, Jun 19, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Pinus Rigida fm60, haven't you ever dealt w/ extreme counterexamples? Say, in... introductory logic or law courses?

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

But we all love being called p*****s!

You are wasting your God-given talent, man. I want MORE p***y from you. So, how old are you rimbaud, because I shouldn't mess with minors?

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited June 21, 2001).]

3. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Wow, Sam. You should join Ms. Cleo, if that is what you got from Rocket River's post, which was as follows:

LEt me through the baby out with the bath water

Should sex with 8 yr olds be legal?

Rocket River
    The Kiddy p*rn industry would love you man!

I'll stick with my original assessment.

------------------
    "We're having a pretty good time considering one day we're all going to die." Steve Martin, 1976

4. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

There is a difference between "extreme counterexamples," as you inartfully call them, and personal insults.

Here is what he said, Acne:

LEt me through the baby out with the bath water

Should sex with 8 yr olds be legal?

Rocket River
    The Kiddy p*rn industry would love you man!

You've not argued intelligently. If you wish to address my points in an adult like manner, I'll be happy to respond point by point, but from my perspective you're a kid throwing spit balls from the back of the room.

(Thanks to Achebe for pointing out the typo)

------------------
    "We're having a pretty good time considering one day we're all going to die." Steve Martin, 1976

[This message has been edited by PinetreeFM60 (edited June 21, 2001).]

5. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Fine. My assessment is that you are ducking the issue. You asked for intelligent argument on the substance - I provided it to you. Instead of addressing the substance of my post and the question it posed, you ignored it.

I'll repeat: if you don't like the line that is drawn, where would you draw it? What kids should be off limits?

------------------
    I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip that I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis.

6. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Everybody just calm down, now, and just look at that picture Kim posted again. Wow... [​IMG]

BTW, I don't think there is anything wrong with Rocket River presenting his view of how things SHOULD or SHOULDN'T be. Whether anyone finds it an unrealistic view or not, you can STATE that, but making fun of the guy can make you appear rather juvenile.

Carry on, boys... [​IMG]

------------------
    Jazzkiller

7. Achebe

Gee, that's ironic. The word is spelled 'intelligently'. But you knew that.

So what is 'acne'? Is that an extreme counterexample or a personal insult?

What Rocket River posted was a very basic counterexample. One person posits 'x'. The next person tests the logic by adding some superlative to the statement.

If you're going to claim to be a lawyer, I'd suggest that you take at least one introductory course in logic before you embarrass yourself again.

If you're an unsuccessful lawyer, ignore my accusation. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Achebe (edited June 21, 2001).]

8. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Acne, if you think what you have said passes for logic, then you need more help than you can get at this board. You sound like a first year student in JUCO, and not a very good one.

You and a couple of others seem obsessed with the fact that I am a lawyer.

Do I attack you for that great job you have at Mickey D's?

------------------

9. heypartner

Acnebe is the name I will change you to should you stop farting around and join the bet.

SamCassell, leaving the taboos of incest out of it, I draw the line at hormone age, followed by consent within a planned scenario with an acquaintance, followed by parental punishment (if applies), followed by social castigation (the "criticize" meaning), but not social punishment.

The guy is a sexual loser. Like all the dirty ole men. But sex happens. What is the law protecting the girl from in this case!

It happens. I am not evil. Neither is Deshawn. The thought is taboo, but you must deal with it. Not necessary to ruin a kids life when the parents can punish him and journalists can castigate him.

Sprewell is a fine man. So is Iverson. And Stephenson needs to learn his lesson too, but not his life.

What is the law protecting this girl from in this case? Sex. That is it! imo, Saying abuse is a stretch stemming from social taboos.

As for the alcohol argument from others...what? You make it sound like she wouldn't have had sex without the alcohol. My first sex was after a party...but I think that was going to happen anyhow. Besides, that is her problem to deal with as much as his.

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited June 21, 2001).]

10. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Sam, you state that the line must be drawn, but you acknowledge that other factors can come into play.

Do you recall the case in Houston a couple of years ago when an illegal alien from Mexico was the object of a manhunt? He was 19 and his girlfriend was 13 or 14, also an illegal alien from Mexico, and from all reports, they were quite a normal couple. However, she was pregnant and the outrage machine in Houston was in full swing.

I give that as example because the age of consent is a matter which is impacted by the subculture from which one comes, and we live in a very diverse culture. So hard and fast rules fall short of the mark in my view.

Further, whenever I state my views in earlier posts which address the very issues upon which you raise questions, I do not expect to have to repeat them. How can you read my earlier posts without already knowing my position? Must I copy each previous post of mine on this thread, and make my posts a rolling treatise on the subject? Am I not justified in concluding you have read my previous posts on the topic and that you will read them as cohesive?

But you want some hard and fast rules which I would adopt, so I will give them to you.

I would make the age of consent 14.

I would allow defenses which would include deception by the "victim" regarding age.

I would not allow statutory rape charges against anyone who was under the age of 21.

And I would require that the victim willingly pursue the prosecution, not leave it in the hands of prosecutors who tend to be overzealous.

------------------

[This message has been edited by PinetreeFM60 (edited June 21, 2001).]

11. Achebe

Pinetree, I realize that you're trying to 'get my goat'... and in that way you remind me of a former Pinus Tinicus (I wonder if Tinicus really is a species name) that used to frequent this board.

Pinetree, just b/c you're a fraud, doesn't mean that you have to be mean to Rocket River, rimbaud, etc.

And to show you that I can be a bigger d******d than you... let me make this as clear as possible:

I know that I make more money than you,
    I know that I am better looking than you :)P),
    and I know that you're not a lawyer...

you ****ing fraud.

[This message has been edited by Achebe (edited June 21, 2001).]

12. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

------------------

13. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

By Achebe:

I know that I make more money than you,
    I know that I am better looking than you :)P),
    and I know that you're not a lawyer...

you ****ing fraud.

[This message has been edited by Achebe (edited June 21, 2001).][/B][/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Believe what you will, little girl.

------------------

14. Achebe

'little girl', lol. You're a man after my own heart, even though you're a ****ing fraud. [​IMG]

btw, even though you're such an idiot that you didn't know the most rudimentary, the most ****ing fundamental logical tool--- 'the counterexample', I think that friendship's not out of the question... Dorothy.

15. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

To quote another Texan about my age, Sally Field...

"You like me. You REALLY like me!"

I hear she's starring in one of those retro movies so popular now, tentatively titled "Gidget Goes Through Menopause." [​IMG]

------------------

16. heypartner

Achebe,

Yes, but Doc Rocket is a fraud, too. He isn't really Jonathan Feigan. Regardless, I want to have sex with rimbaud depending on how odl she is. But by counterexample, I am definitely not having sex with outlaw, no matter how old she is.

Aside from that, you and rimbaud are just jealous of Pinetree for having sex with me. She knows where to Hangout. She is stealing your thunder. Ooooh, a newbie with a love for bball and cool Hangout postures is stealing the attention away from me.

You and rimbaud are just jealous.

pinetree, stay away from my SamCassell. He has the longest eyelashes this side of Van Exel.

17. heypartner

also, you are all my p*****s. I just need some ID before I talk to you.

heypartner isn't really a bridge moniker. It is my pick up line.

duh!

18. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Please tell me Dr. Rocket IS Jonathan Feigen, then I can stop worrying about what he has to say. The Rockets play him like a cheap guitar. If it is his "scoop," you'd better put "poop" in front of it.

I've followed him ever since they brought him in from Wharton, Texas. Go back a year ago and see him write that Mo Taylor would add REBOUNDING, or the the year before, when he repeated all the bogus bad bs on Kenny Thomas he heard from some other equally weak journalist.

Yeah, Feigen, I'm the one who left you a message on your voice mail and told you that calling Taylor a rebounder told me you didn't know squat about basketball.

Dr. Rocket my a$$.

HeyPoontang, you know you're my favorite ho, even though some of your girlfriends here keep throwing their skirts up at me. And stop trashing Rimjob. He talks real purty.

------------------

19. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I believe I'll be slowly backing my way out of this thread now, and running away in terror.

------------------
    I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip that I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis.

20. heypartner

You may be saying tonight that you are Sam I Am Not, but I see you posing in the Hangout.

For another day.

hmmmm, I wonder if R0ckets03 is online, yet.