1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ukraine scandal Megathread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Sep 18, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

fox news reported...

DaDakota, RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. adoo

adoo Member

fwiw, the American Nazi w Jewish heritage fared a little better than Jim Jordan, who was put to shame by CNN's Tapper

Jordan, in following the GOP talking point, accused the whistleblower of anti-Trump bias and bashing the standards (no first-hand knowledge) for which the whistleblower filed the complaint against the president. CNN's Tapper
    • invoked the words of Inspector General Michael Atkinson in order to say “there’s no evidence” to Jordan’s claim, and
    • also reminded Jordan that Acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire said the whistleblower’s complaint is supported by the memorandum.

Jordan then moved on to edefended Trump’s requests for Zelensky to investigate the Biden family, he began to attack Hunter Biden for his connections with the Burisma gas company.
    • This prompted Tapper to note that “the Ukrainian prosecutor says there’s no evidence of wrongdoing” connected to Biden. Jordan kept up the attack on Hunter Biden, claiming “Daddy came running to the rescue” when Burma came under investigation.
      • “That’s not what happened!” Tapper exclaimed, noting that former Ukrainian prosecutor Viktor Shokin was internationally (EU, Germany, France, UK, IMF, et al) accused of not prosecuting corruption, and he also allowed the Burisma probe to go dormant.
    • “It’s amazing what gymnastics you guys will go through to defend [Biden.]” Jordan said.

“It’s not gymnastics! It’s facts!” Tapper exclaimed. “And I would think somebody who’s been accused of things in the last year or two would be more sensitive about throwing out wild allegations against people.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnns-ja...n-wild-showdown-its-not-gymnastics-its-facts/

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

their strategy is to talk about other things, preferable bad things about his opponents no matter how ridiculous it is to distract and take attention away from his wrong doing and crimes. These other conspiracy theories is just that and not worthy of any serious news attention. It’s noise that, however stupid and ridiculous it is to normal people still work for trumpers and take away slice of limited times on news worthy items - his crimes. But of course the media can’t help themselves.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you didn't read it? Either that or you don't understand what it said, or what the crime is. The other option is that you simply refuse to see what is right in front of your eyes.

Those are the only possible options and not one of them is good for you.

Deckard and No Worries like this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Willful ignorance or blissful incompetence. I do believe that @dachuda86 is qualified to run as a Republican for office.

Deckard, CometsWin and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. adoo

adoo Member

the essence of dachuda86

CometsWin and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Hilarious.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He broke the law - the only one to blame is Trump.

DD

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

So you don't have him admitting it. Got it.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lying and misrepping... exactly the dems move with impeachment.... you are so disconnected from reality. I almost pity you.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The president broke a law and then threatened the whistleblower, you have no idea what reality even is at this point.

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

No, he absolutely admitted it. If you are going to ignore his admission, that's on you.

We have his word that he committed a crime. He had no idea that what he said he had done was a crime because he hasn't bothered to learn about how to govern or what he can or can't do.

If I said, "I walked into a bank with a gun, pointed it at the employees, and told them to give me all of the money in the bank. I didn't force the employees to give me the money or anything. I didn't put any pressure on them to give me all the money in the bank. My trip to the bank was 100% legal. It was a perfectly legal trip to the bank. I mean the bank is a place where people withdraw money and so I did nothing wrong." I would still be admitting to committing a crime.

That's exactly what Trump did.

I don't know whether you actually don't understand the law, what Trump said, or are just burying your head in the sand. Either way, it seems pointless.

Deckard, DaDakota, fchowd0311 and 3 others like this.
  13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

This has moved beyond the deep state and is heading toward shallow grave state.

JuanValdez likes this.
  14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He must be confused as **** when he watches mobster movies.

But... but... that guy was so nice as to check on the cop's mother and daughter like that. That guy never said he was going to hurt them! Booo!

- dachuda86

15. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Here is the video if people want to see for yourself. This is Jim Jordan who is part of the oversight committee. I mean really. Good on Trapper. Btw Trapper and Wallace are probably two of the most forward and respected journalist on TV in my opinion. At least the two most impartial on tv I seen

#715 AleksandarN, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    fchowd0311 and RayRay10 like this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

When I watch Jim Jordan try to give his take on Biden and his son in Ukraine, it confirms to me that they are just gaslighting at this point, and I'm not the one who's crazy. He has the same exact easily refutable talking points about Burisma and Shokin that the Trump brigade on this message board spam while easily being discredited.

It further's my confidence in impeachment as the moral route to take no matter the kicking and screaming by sycophants like Jim Jordan

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

18. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I agree 100 percent. Also people who were complicit in this along with trump should be held accountable.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

History isn’t going to be kind to any of these people. Still hard to see these people pretending they really believe what they are now spewing. A complete abandonment of personal integrity and a slave servant to a morally corrupt lawless guy. What a life long choice to make.

AleksandarN and B-Bob like this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Wtf that was a painful waste of time