1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ukraine scandal Megathread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Sep 18, 2019.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

Before he spoke with him, so what?

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

[​IMG]
    This weasel is doing what weasels do, weasel.

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are my employee. I hold Friday’s pay from you that was approved by corporate. I ask you to follow Joe home after work and make sure he is not stealing from the till. You agree. You get your pay the following Monday.

Except you are not my employee, you are a sovereign foreign nation. And instead of paycheck from corporate it’s aid approved from Congress. And you’re asked to follow Joe who is my political rival. And you agree and the aid is released.
    Both examples are crimes.

The good news is that you are not just a Trump sycophant who would rather the US rule of law be thrown out for his benefit, right? His gains are not your gains in the long run (unless your last name is Trump and he does not think you are fat). You don’t get money when foreign dignitaries stay at Trump properties. You don’t get a tax break when the air force is required to stay at his properties overseas. You are not getting discounts on the exclusive trademarks issued to Ivanka for her products in China. Ultimately, these are the only things that matter to Donald. Not the wall, not immigrants, not Muslims, and not even China. It’s about personal enrichment above all. He is basically a Lannister who never pays his debts.

Nolen, Kim, JayGoogle and 3 others like this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

5. mick fry

mick fry Member

Why would they get the money then? A promise that yeah we’ll look into it? Seems like a good way to lose your ass if your extorting someone. The opposite was done with Biden. Do you not see that Bidens son was kicked out of the military, was a drug addict, had no experience in anything and received millions of dollars for doing nothing? At least admit that is some shady ****.

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is exactly the issue! Trump is quid pro quoing a foreign power to look into his political rival. It doesn’t matter why he did it (e.g. Biden’s son of dubious character). It matters because he asked and he held up funds to get them to comply because he is a transactional leader.

"..the Ukrainian president “directly” expressed concerns at their meeting that “the aid that was being cut off to Ukraine by the president was a consequence” of his unwillingness to launch an investigation into the Bidens."

Invisible Fan and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I get that you might be playing some kind of devil's advocate game or just defending Trump because you are used to it and don't like the folks who are busting him for this. But this kind of comment along with some others kind of shows that you are arguing just to argue without really having a grasp at what the charges are facing Trump in this incident.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

And you want us to take you seriously here because??? Either you are incredibly stupid and don't understand how someone creates leverage to determine an outcome (aka extortion) or you are just F-ing with us.

Or maybe a little bit of both. Either way, looks like you'll be joining a very short list of people here (just BobbytheGreat, and MojoMan... BE PROUD) who just don't deserve the attention you are seeking.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Moscow Mitch Do Something! (By doing nothing)

11. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

You are not even been truthful and honest when it came from the demands of prosecutor being fired, You, like usual, ignore the facts and context on why the Western leaders of the world wanted that prosecutor fired. Quit being dishonest

No Worries and JayGoogle like this.
  12. mick fry

mick fry Member

Lmao, another TDS member taking the low road and resorting to insults because your “truths” are not facts and you have to lash out at anyone that calls you out on your derangement. There is a reason the Dems run around screaming the sky is falling on a daily basis and the Bidens are the example of the corruption this President has exposed and the rest are scared ****ing shitless. The Deep State and Washington corruption exists and people like you are it’s pawns. Be Proud!
    I also should add it’s not just the Dems it’s also Reps, If you have something to hide then you best join us in impeachment or you could be next.

#252 mick fry, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Romney will be in full support of Trump. Republicans as Trump insults them, sometimes even insults their family members...

[​IMG]

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Now the Wall Street Journal confirms the Washington Post report..

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. dobro1229

Funny thing is Trump is on record admitted to exactly what he’s trying to accuse Biden of. Biden was operating in his capacity with Ukraine by direction of the president so the powers he would be abusing would essentially be the same.

Regardless... there is zero evidence that Biden did anything wrong here, but it’s funny on its face that someone would think they are making a smart compelling case against Biden when the guy they are supporting is literally doing the thing they are accusing Biden of.

Geniuses... but then again... MAGA voters are gonna MAGA.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just hope Elizabeth Warren's daughter didn't have business in the Ukraine or Yang's son, or Bernie's grandkids.

17. dobro1229

Oh you know a grand conspiracy is cooked up for every single one of them. My guess is they are digging up dirt on all of their donors. Easiest way to concoct a conspiracy theory. I’m sure also looking at all their staff, family members etc.

Warren would seem like the most difficult candidate to concoct a theory about. They originally thought she would be the easiest to beat but it’s a classic case of be careful what you wish for. I think she genuinely can win over the rust belt. She’s so good on the economy but she just needs to have your attention to make the case. Many low information voters still only know her via Trump and FoxNews. If you take that rust belt support I think she can win over, and make in roads with African American turnout and you have yourself a coalition that looks similar to Obama.

Only weakness is conservative men who just don’t like her because well... male issues. We’ll see though. Biden isn’t my #1 choice and think he’s actually risky as hell, but I’d hate to see him drop out because of Trump conspiracy that people are dumb enough to buy. Americans can’t continue to be this stupid.

Rashmon, FranchiseBlade and JayGoogle like this.
  18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Which is more likely to happen:

Republicans in Congress repudiating Trump

Tilman paying the luxury tax

Ubiquitin likes this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It is kind of sad that Democratic candidates have to be perfect...

Meanwhile this adultering, corrupted, Swamp monster can just stumble into a primary and win and become president on the other side. That's what we're dealing with here. One side just has higher standards.

dobro1229, No Worries and AleksandarN like this.
  20. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

There fixed it for you