1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tx Tag users: Use with caution

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Nov 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Really?? I had never heard of this.. I want one!

thanks for the info!

2. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

I forgot about this... looks like i will need to get the eztag after all

3. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I have felt that way many times before. That is definitely on my conspiracy theory list haha. I have noticed that they changed the light timing at many lights a couple of times. My drive has gotten better with some of the changes and worse with others. I know for a fact that some of the lights are timed and they are timed quite poorly. I am not a traffic engineer so I am sure there is more to it but when the beltway alone pulls in half a billion in tolls a year and continues to raise the tolls it makes you distrust them. They use the toll roads to pay for more toll roads that pay for more toll roads. What do we pay a gas tax for again?

The light at Phillipine St. and the beltway just north of 290 is the worst one. If you live in that neighborhood I hope you get a flat tire, well not really ... I hope you spill coffee on your shirt today at work.

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I thought the Beltway Toll Bridge was supposed to be paid off by now?

5. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

For those wondering about discounts, it still applies at TxTag. I think the $1.75 tolls are $1.45 or 55 I'm not 100 percent sure but the discount is definitely there.

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

That sure would be nice. I've started taking the Lynchberg Ferry to get to work in the morning and the Washburn Tunnel to get home in the evening. I just couldn't live with the thought of continuing to pay the Harris County Toll people over $1500 a year. And I haven't noticed any difference in gas mileage in my truck either. So other than an extra 10-15 minutes each way it has really been a wash.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It maybe .. . . but that is not going to change the price of the Tolls

Rocket River
    too much money in it

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

My dad has been using Ez Tag for a while now. What is this new Tx Tag thing? (disclaimer: I don't live in Houston, so color me clueless)

Is there any reason NOT to switch from Ez Tag, if we already have Ez and are used to it? Like, are there some roads that don't use Tx?

9. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

All toll roads in Texas are compatible with EZ Tag, TxTag, and that Southern Oklahoman tag

The only benefit in having an EZ Tag is if you work somewhere where your parking garage can link to your EZTAG so you don't have to scan your badge for contract parking.