1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Twump cancels visit to Bwitain

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 11, 2017.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where have US and Russian interests aligned in the last 10 years?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

An ally? They tried to subvert our democracy and interfere with our election. That isn't opinion, it is fact backed by evidence. They murder critical journalists, attack neighboring nations, imprison and assassinate political opponents. They have done very little for the U.S. They have been found to have spied on us, and have sanctions against them.

They are in no way an ally. They are an adversary 100%. It has nothing to do with the media, just the facts.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I repeat - has this story been confirmed? Otherwise we'll have a bunch of liberals pissy about fake news - something that has become quite common of late.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If the UK would just suppress dissent like Saudi Arabia or Russia, I'm sure Trump would have no trouble visiting.

1. Russia is an ally? I checked with the State Dept and they don't know anything about it: https://www.state.gov/s/l/treaty/collectivedefense/

2. Russia is a big country with a well-developed and experienced military and a long-time large nuclear arsenal. They also have key strategic resources like petroleum and agricultural resources. North Korea is only near the inception of nuclear capability. They have a large army considering the country's small size (1.2m soldiers out of 25m people), but I don't think they've had an engagement of any consequence since 1969. And they rely on foreign shipments for food and energy. For fearsomeness, I have to give it to Russia.

3. Russia just hacked our presidential elections, is friends to our enemies like Iran. Opposes us in Syria. It's not so much that the 'establishment' has gone for a Cold War redux. We were already there. It's the Trumpers who suddenly decided we were best friends. I'm sure you've seen the graph already.

5. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Space

Syria

Energy

6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How does Russian's alliance with Iran and Assad in Syria jive with the US' interests?

Deckard likes this.
  7. Aceshigh7

Where is the proof that Russia hacked our presidential elections? And please don't point to intelligence agency "consensus" proffered by deep state Obama holdovers. Give us hard proof. Wikileaks has stated definitively that their election campaign email sources were not Russian.

And by the way, are you referring to the DNC & Podesta email hacks? That's not "hacking our presidential elections". The DNC is a non-governmental organization and Podesta is a private individual and apparently neither was very serious about security. Oh, by the way, why did the DNC not turn their "hacked" email server over to the FBI for examination?

Opposes us in Syria? As in, backing the secular Syrian government in the fight against radical terrorists? Well, if the US is in opposition to that then the US is on the wrong side.

8. Aceshigh7

The US interest should be in defeating ISIS, not enabling them them as the previous administration did. To that end, the US should have been partnering with both the Syrian government and Russia. But by all means, topple yet another secular dictator in the middle east, because it has worked so well in every other instance.

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am pretty sure if he doesnt go it could be considered an impeachable event.

Signed,
    Maxine Waters

Co-signed,
    Al Green

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Ace Is High. On the TrumpAde. Obviously.

Deckard likes this.
  11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

**** that. Why should I bother with you at all? You don't accept the findings of your own government, led by a President you support. You oppose your own President's stance on Syria. It's you that's out of step with the United States. You're beyond help.

Deckard and Hakeemtheking like this.
  12. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

Any small shred of credibility you had left has evaporated. The former head of the FBI, under oath testifying in front of the Senate Intelligence committee said the exact opposite. Who to believe?? Bonus points for using "proffered" in a sentence though!

#32 wouldabeen23, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  13. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

Sure, lets partner with a dictator who gassed his own citizens and whose brutal regime sowed the seeds of the civil war, NOT isis and radical Islam(who filled the void). The enemy of my enemy isn't my friend when talking about Russia and Syria.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Russia is an ally??? WWII maybe, and was a long, long time ago.

I am sorry, you really need to go back to school and retake history. Pretty ignorant statement.

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

B-Bob and No Worries like this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So he is going?

Rocket River

18. Aceshigh7

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

And to POLAND, home to another would be strong-man, would-be autocrat.
    SMDH. South Africa should be next.

20. Aceshigh7

Poland, along with Hungary, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic are to be commended for taking a stand against the EU and putting the safety of their citizens first by refusing to accept large numbers of rapeugees.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Duda and I would gladly take him as president over a whipped globalist like Macron.