1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Weeds

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by chonox, Jul 14, 2009.

1. chonox

chonox Member

Anyone catch the latest episode of season 5 (episode 6)? Need some help as I cannot speak Spanish.

I just watched it and I'm curious as to what the lady said to Esteban in Spanish at the end which made him mention that he and Nancy could no longer get married, it's got me mighty curious and I can't google the answer :eek: Thanks!

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

my guess is that she said "this storyline sucks and we need to get out of it before groogrux gets bored so let's act like i said something that makes you not be able to marry nancy". :)

3. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

I pulled this off of the imdb message board. Do not know if it is accurate.

----------
    PILAR
    What do you believe you are doing eh? You were already going far, dont you think (?) You had to have an adventure with a pincha gringa? It's fine that you have to have a son with her. But to marry her? Are you crazy? All eyes in Mexico are on you. All of my hopes, my effort, my money and my time are invested in you. (I think it says here: You would have killed the slutty pincha gringa when....
    ESTEBAN
    Are you saying that I have to choose between you and Nancy?
    PILAR
    No, Esteban. I am saying you have to choose between yourself and her

4. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Did anyone see the season 7 finale? I have a love/hate relationship with the show, and its teasing and pinching theatrics, but the characters are endearing as I keep coming back to check in on them. As per the other seasons, the show practically regenerated itself entirely for the seventh time, with hits and misses, and ended on a cliffhanger of cliffhangers, which in any other show would imply an epilogue at the least.

Does anyone know if this show has been renewed for an eighth season?

5. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

The show has gone downhill, I've seen every single episode and I'm tired of them dragging out episodes that keep you wondering, so that you catch a next epsiode. Not to mention, the season is extremely short. Like only 10 episodes now.

6. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Yeah. Agree with all points. Just want some resolution with my drama. Seems like too much to ask for from this gimmicky franchise.

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

It hasn't and the season 7 finale could be the end of it all. Contracts for the creator and actors are all up.

I watched all 7 seasons during the summer and while it stretches credibility to an insane degree I've enjoyed it once I got over the monumental shifts it took over the course.

Personally, I'd still like to see it back for a proper final season.

8. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

*answers own question*

On the Showtime website I found this small interview with Jenji Kohan where she outlines the subtext of the last episode, heavily hinting at capacity for another season. There are spoilers in the video if you haven't seen s07e13.

<object id="flashObj" width="486" height="412" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=1183551233001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1183551233001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

9. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

um, so I watched this entire series up until shane got shot. is it worth it to keep watching from there?

sigh. i miss agrestic.

10. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Exactly. When this show was as much about making fun of middle America as it was about the doobage, it was much, much, much, much, much better. I don't understand why every show has to keep one upping itself every season. There is nothing wrong with letting characters just be semi normal.

11. what

what Member

I haven't watched this show in about 2 years. Is it still going on?

12. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Meh. Despite often cluttered and perpetual refocusing, the characters and themes are still essentially the same. There are many, shall we say, 'call-backs' to earlier seasons, so if you enjoyed the agrestic times, I could argue that you would find similar things to appreciate.

If you are like me though, and you can't watch one episode without it leading to four, because of the cliffhanger endings, you will never really get the satisfying resolution it teases you with, even if they do produce more seasons.

1 person likes this.