1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] The Expanse Season 6

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by droxford, Oct 11, 2021.

1. droxford

droxford Member

... will only be 6 episodes (WTF?!?!) As a fan of the series, this is tremendously disappointing, especially because Season 5 was such CRAP (see my comments here) and knowing that this is, most likely, the series' last season.

Season 6 will begin on December 10th.

Trailer:

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I quit the books after book 5 (I think). Boring af. I need action in my fiction. I’ve only read one author ever who could write interesting political scenes, Joe Abercrombie (really good at writing women’s POVs too). The rest of them are snooze-feats.

Yung-T likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, spending 4 hrs with Naomi last season without a resolution is not my idea of Must See TV.

Did Bezos give the showrunner/authors a blank check and neuter all the TV execs who would've put a foot down on that boring mess?

Xerobull, JayZ750 and Rocket River like this.
  4. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

The third trilogy (2 books in) is so interesting - obviously not going to be in this series. Time jump would be complicated anyway. Psyched for the new book coming out in 6 weeks. So this is legitimately "it" ?

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I agree. Last season was such a snorefest.
    Killing off the sexual misconduct actor seems to be the highlight of the season.
    Nothing felt pressing or that any of our protagonists were in any real danger
    Naomi's storyline was sooooo eye rolling . . . .

I guess because I kind of agree with the Belters

Rocket River

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was bothered with how they killed off Alex. It just seemed cheap and rushed. I think they would've been better off letting him finish the season and give some other explanation at the start of the next season for why he wasn't there.

That said I didn't mind last season. I liked how they did the meteor attack on Earth and Amos' story on Earth. I also liked Avasarala dealing with events from the outside of power on the Moon.

jiggyfly and Rocket River like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I've been trying to make The Expanse happen in my head since season 1. I've only really liked Season 3, the season before the move to Amazon. I still haven't finished season 4. The world building is great but the plot is so boring to me with all the stuff in the show.

I know I was in trouble when they blew up millions of people in one of the syfy seasons and I felt nothing.

Invisible Fan and Yung-T like this.
  8. droxford

droxford Member

You cold-hearted b*stard.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

well it's on amazon. new episode every friday

Squirtle likes this.
  10. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Nice thanks for the heads up they are back.

peleincubus likes this.
  11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I thought it was a good season premier.

Squirtle and dmoneybangbang like this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

Good premier, enjoying the darker tone.

Squirtle likes this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am just now. catching up and the asteroid stuff was spectacular.

Nedd to spoiler major plot points but I knew the possibilities when I clicked.;)

14. Invisible Fan

My problems with expanse are pacing issues and unnecessary plot fillers.

They could've compacted the last two seasons with things people care about: Aliens+Holden and Amos (Avasarala+Bobby as palette cleaners for the Earth bits). Factions not trusting each other should drive those two things rather than take episodes to unravel. Aliens being the McGuffin for these three seasons is no bueno.

Even this episode, I felt could've been in the last season rather than the 3 and a half hours of Naomi Time.

No one likes the son. We all know that he'll either kill his father or will screw the pooch for the Rocinante to swoop in. I pretty much skip through his trash arcs now.

Pacing and immediacy... Expanse don't got it. The style that they grab your attention is becoming predictable...

#14 Invisible Fan, Dec 11, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    Bandwagoner and DreamShook like this.
  15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Books are the same. Which is why I dropped them.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Yeah one of their slow showrunners is the co-author. He didn't learn his lesson when syfi shitcanned them.

If they had the pressure of cancellation every season, it might've turned out as good as Babylon 5 with 1/2 or 1/3 the time

Xerobull likes this.
  17. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Pretty decent premier ep. I like it. Hopefully they get this **** going well because they got 5 more eps left.

clos4life likes this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I like the main characters. Along with the asteroid belt lady with the crazy/unusual accent. Along with the protomolecule/alien anything story. Otherwise as stated above the Naomi's son and all that is boring as hell to me.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I really enjoyed season 5, yeah they could have cut out some of the Mother/Son stuff and it was a bit too Naomi centric and not enough Bobby Draper.

I really liked the throwing asteroids at earth stuff.

I was really pumped to get into season 6 and then realized they were releasing them weekly.:(

I will wait and binge I am glad Amos is back in the rotation the actor needs to be doing more stuff.

I actually like how Julie Mao has integrated into the crew.

Rocket River likes this.
  20. clos4life

clos4life Member

Episodes on final season are short so it's perfect for binging once all are released.

jiggyfly likes this.