1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[TV] Suits

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by vstexas09, Jul 29, 2011.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Don't forget they talk about how Mike has ruined their life before the walk out. I've started to count how many times they use s**t. I think the most they can say it is 5 times.

Writing hasn't been great but I love the characters. Keeps me coming back.

2. Sajan

Sajan Member

my wife and i mentioned this yesterday...they use GD every 2 secs.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Good episode until that ending; This episode was fantastic, the pacing, the moments, the development with Rachel and Mike...then the ending just shot it all to ****. Everyone is making great decisions, everyone is backing Mike then all of a sudden in the last 60 seconds Mike
    gives himself up
    ?

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Perhaps the ending was (1) misdirection or (2) used to create a cliffhanger for the season finale.

5. conquistador#11

donna really ticks me off. she is acting all tough yet she folds on the first question.

6. omgTHEpotential

Forceman was a great villain. He should've had a bigger role.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I hope Mike goes to jail and then there's a time jump.

8. nono

nono Member

The show went in the wrong direction from the very start. This should have been a show about Mike's character, the prodigy lawyer who solves impossible cases using his high iq/photographic memory. Both the writers and the actor playing Mike weren't really up for this task though.

9. Sajan

Sajan Member

The first season had glimpses of that...and then it just derailed from there. Turned into a show about the firm itself..and mike was just one piece of it.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Screw that Idea.. That's every damn procedural on TV. no thank you.

I'm glad s**t is hitting the fan.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If you guys want a case of the week show there's always Law and Order.

12. nono

nono Member

Yeah and every procedural sucks. This had potential. They basically turned the show into a Mexican soap with white actors and without the nice romance.
    A college dropout crushing Harvard grads would have been really fun to watch imo.

13. nono

nono Member

They made Mike a side character which was very weird because the first episode made you feel it would be his story.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

How is that, then, not a procedural?

Not sure what everyone is complaining about. This show was a case-of-the-week show with Mike being a fraud as an overarching storyline on the back burner.

Then Season 3 went away from CotW and went into a season-long arc about Ava Hessingston, a rich client.

Season 4 went away from having Pearson Specter being the focus to a stockbroker angle with Mike, and Mike being a fraud kinda took over a little bit.

S5 was less centered on Mike and focused a lot on other characters at the firm, and relationships between Donna/Harvey, Louis/Harvey, etc.

This show has been consistently different since season 2, but I guess you can't please everyone.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The show is called "Suits" not "Mike". It's an ensemble cast. Harvey and Mike are more main characters, but everyone has had their time to shine.

16. nono

nono Member

Well they never make much use of Mike's abilities.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

But they do!

Harvey wins just as many cases as Mike "wins." It was so procedural-like in the first few seasons because the duo would come to a crossroads at how to solve a case, then Mike would come up with something, and they'd usually win from there.

This show would have been boring if every episode was Mike saving the day by remembering some obscure ruling from a case in the 60s/70s/etc and using that to their advantage, but what Mike would usually come up with, was more or less common sense tactics.

And like other people said, this show shouldn't center around Mike. It's got fleshed out characters like Donna and Louis too.

18. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

THIS X10000! Thank you!

19. nono

nono Member

Most people agree that the show hasn't lived up to its potential. Exactly why is open for debate. I didn't care much for Donna and Louis.

20. droxford

droxford Member

I still like the show very much. I only have two complaints at this point:

I don't like that they've dragged this whole storyline about Mike's court case through an entire season.

The character of Rachel is now completely useless. She contributes *nothing* to the show beyond whining and crying. Donna's almost as useless this season, too. I'd like to see both characters return to their previous levels of competence and storyline participation (outside of whining, crying, and getting in the way of plans).

1 person likes this.