1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Suits

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by vstexas09, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Louis is awesome.

2. pd_

pd_ Member

season 4 premiers tomorrow. Looks like it's gonna be a good season from the previews. Mike's got a hottie as secretary seems like

I watched all 3 seasons this past week and it's goooood

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Jessica is such a bad ass, I think I'm in love with her.

Who knew Luis would be such a likeable character? How is it possible that every character is likable on this show? Even Katrina is awesome.

This show is so much better when Mike and Harvey are on the same team. Twice they split them up on the show and those were the worst episodes in the series IMO.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Furthermore,

Luis' resignation monologue sounded awful. The content was good, but the delivery was poor.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Interesting comment on everyone being likable. Hadn't thought about it but you make a good point.

On one hand, I actually liked it when Mike and Harvey were tearing each other to shreds this season. On the other, Mike returning was so predictable it made him leaving seem contrived and artificial.

6. droxford

droxford Member

For me, the thing is....

I really like to hate Louis, yet the show is infinitely better with him in it. I'm hoping that he'll be back soon and isn't being written out of the show.

I also like hating Cahill's character. The actor and writers are doing a fantastic job of making Cahill a complete douche and making me hate him.... but not in a way that I want him off the show.

The show's heroes are excellent and can only maintain excellence by having equally strong villains.

Fantastic show. Probably the best show on TV now, in my opinion.

7. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Really? I'll agree that he it was inevitable he would return, but because of Louis? That was unexpected.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This season when they were "tearing each other to shreds" it was more of a competition between friends and less personal than it was in season 3 so it was fun to watch them this time even though they were on opposing sides. Personally I think the show is just better with all of Pearson/Spector working together so we know in the end everyone will come back eventually.

so, when someone leaves (Mike, Donna, Luis) or flirts with leaving (Rachel) its more - how are they going to get back to Pearson/Spector? type of journey.

You thought Mike leaving was contrived? Lets see the steps they take to get Luis back.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I must admit the twist of Louis hiring him back was very good.

10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I'm tired of this show making a dude (almost)(maybe)(Kinda) shed a tear or two at the end of each effing episode! C'mon! I'm a man!:mad:

I did like when Mike was in the Finance world and going up against Harvey...but it's also gosh darn awesome when they're on the same side too.

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Dude, I just started watching this show 2 weeks ago and am currently on season 4 and almost caught up. But agree with you 100 percento. This is such an awesome show, even though it's a chick flick series wrapped up in a goddam finely tailored designed C.E.O suit. Such great writing and execution to blend a man's viewing interests with a friggin love story.

...and the soundtrack to this series is probably by far the best I have ever seen and heard. If anybody else agrees, you're welcome.

2 people like this.
  12. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

REP!

Was looking for a way to consolidate songs I hear on that show for when I'm at the gym. I just downloaded the Soundcloud app on my phone.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I like Mike (not his new haircut), but part of me wants him to lose. This lie is so damn huge it's ruined everyone's life and integrity.

How does he even come back from this? I hope next season is a crossover with Orange is the New Black.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Indeed the line has finally been crossed and the show will change going forward whatever the result. Considering it's season 5, some shakeup is necessary to keep things fresh.

Interesting to see how they dig themselves out of this one. From the beginning of the show, we all knew Mike's cover would be blown eventually. The question is what happens next.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

There's no way Mike gets out of this but knowing the show, some BS will get him out of it. However, there's no plausible way Mike can actually practice law ever again; this show may be over soon with Mike riding off in the sunset with Rachel.

Speaking of Rachel, her character has been terrible the last couple of seasons. From a strong independent woman in Season 1 to almost whining and crying in every scene.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Completely agree! Rachel was my everything in season 1. Then she lost way too much weight and got the D from Mike and it ruined her. Rachel just another casualty of Mike's bull****.

Katrina was everything Rachel was supposed to be.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Just saw the newest episode; Gibbs is everywhere! Donna didn't come through clutch like she usually does and Louis might just end up tricking Gibbs or screwing things up with that scene at the end

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

To be fair, Rachel has been reduced to being a student, being a part-time paralegal and being someone's wife.

Not trying to step on any toes with that third position, but most of her scenes are at her and Mike's house, with dialogue between her and Mike / her and Donna.

Being a student logically means that her screen time at the firm is cut. Being a part-time paralegal means that she needs storylines with "case-of-the-week" stuff, not this overarching plot of Mike possible going to jail. There's not much that she can do, since everything revolves around Pearson-Specter-Litt needing someone like Harvey to represent Mike.

I'm interested to see what the plot is, of Suits, next season, provided that this story gets wrapped up by season's end. The whole premise of Suits is that Mike is a genius fraud; with them addressing that, what will the show's creators do for a story next season? Case-of-the-week?

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We really enjoyed season one, which had a nice mix of courtroom/legal stuff, the fake attorney somehow making his way in the firm, and romantic entanglements. After that? It became a soap opera with a legal veneer. After season two we quit watching. Pity, because we liked the actors. Suits is potential unrealized. You know, like some of our current and former players.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

The writing has been pretty bad; with every scene, it's just one big speech and then walking out of the room. They can't find better words to use instead of GD and BS in every line?