1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Suits

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by vstexas09, Jul 29, 2011.

1. omgTHEpotential

@DreamShook so how's the 2nd episode of the new season? I didn't even feel like checking it out.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I haven't watched it yet either, LOL. I really dislike Dule Hill and Kathrine Heigl. Even though Suits has been trash for many seasons now, the whole cast was very likable. Sometimes I would watch just to see the interactions.. The plots were trash, but everyone on screen is someone I liked.

Now that the plots are trash AND Dule/Kathrine, two people I struggle to watch, are a part of a majority of the interactions, I'm struggling..

I also don't like Lawyer Craig from Degrassi. Kat should have fired him in episode 1.

I'm sure Ill get around to watching episode 2 I don't want this crap to linger on the DVR.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  3. Fantasma Negro

I watched the second episode, Katherine Heigl is just unbearable. Every scene she's in is overacted and cringeworthy. Dule doesn't bother me as much, he plays a shifty guy well, I'm pretty sure his character will be the firms undoing eventually. I don't like what they're doing with Katrina, she was already strong there's no need to weaken her to build her. So far the show is all over the place and the script sucks. Its my fault because I thought with Harvey as the focal lead and adding Zane mixed with the unbridled neuroticism of Louis I assumed that this would be a slam dunk and that the episodes would write themselves. I'm very disappointed. I don't want to use words too harsh for a series I used to ache with excitement for from week to week. I know I keep saying I'm going to stop watching but I couldn't tell you anything tangible plotwise from the last two episodes, I think I already stopped watching I just need to inform my dvr.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I will watch episodes of Psych all day long. I love Dule for that. But... this turdship has sunk for me.

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

I saw episode 1 yest. I am done. Katherine Heigl is the worst. She looks blah. Her deep voice irritates me. And yay another wannabe tough lawyer. Yawn.
    Everyone wants to be name partner. Everyone wants to be managing partner. Blah blah blah blah.

6. Sajan

Sajan Member

1. Gordon Schmidt Van Dyke
    2. Pearson Hardman
    3. Pearson
    4. Pearson Darby
    5. Pearson Darby Specter
    6. Pearson Specter
    7. Pearson Specter Litt
    8. Specter Litt
    9. Specter, Zane, Litt

That's a lot of name changes.....

DreamShook and omgTHEpotential like this.
  7. omgTHEpotential

I agree with you're post. They should of never renewed that show.

Sajan likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We really enjoyed the first season, which focused more on the legal cases and courtroom drama, as well as exploring the very interesting characters. Season 2 was a big disappointment. It turned into essentially a daytime melodrama with a bigger budget. We quit watching after that, except for seeing an episode maybe once a year to see if it had gotten better. It hadn't. Except for season 1, the whole thing amounted to good potential tossed away, probably because melodramatic scripts are easier to write and the production company blew it.

Andre0087 likes this.
  9. omgTHEpotential

Even seasons 2/3/4 are still really good if you compare them to seasons 6/7/8. But yeah, I agree. Somewhere along the way they forgot about the premise of the show, which is that Mike Ross is a super genius who can solve any case. It turned into a Mike/Harvey bromance with a lot of drama surrounding it.

Deckard likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I enjoyed the drama of the first few seasons. There was a case of the week, but the drama and relationship stuff was serialized. The serialized drama and relationship stuff of the first few seasons is how we grew to like everyone in the cast IMO. The backbone of the show was how everyone was reacting to Mike's secret; if it was going to get out and who's life Mike was going to ruin because of it. It was damn interesting and compelling.

I think the show went of the rails when they tried to stretch out Mike's secret as much as possible and then started serializing the cases. One case would be a full season.

A_3PO and Sajan like this.
  11. Asian Sensation

Just watched the pilot (yes, I know obviously very late) since I keep seeing this thread get bumped. Fantastic. Don’t mind me off to episode 2 and beyond.

DreamShook likes this.
  12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Don' t forget the annoying move by USA (which Aaron Korsh agreed to and with) split a season during the year with a number of episodes in the spring or fall and then return in the summer or some crap like that. Rather than just have a single season over a consistent, consecutive period of months.

13. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Just started watching the show with the wife. Starting season 2 today! What a gem, never heard of it until recently

14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Be prepared for it to die. Quickly. I think after season 3 or 4.

conquistador#11 and DreamShook like this.
  15. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Isn’t it 9 seasons?

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Be prepared.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was going to say something, but I didn't want to poison @RKREBORN experience watching the show. First couple seasons were so fun.

donkeypunch likes this.
  18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I left when Mike left and I'll tell you what, I'm OK with that. Pearson isn't a bad show either. I just don't understand the point of Suits without Mike. It's like Happy Days or That 70s Show in their final seasons. Garbage.

ferrari77 and DreamShook like this.
  19. Fantasma Negro

It lost its life after season 5. The season 5 finale should've been the end of the show

Sajan and DreamShook like this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I like Jessica (she was my favorite character in suits), but I don't know if I like her in Pearson. Maybe I just have to get used to the show. Everyone is so unlikable in the cast except the Mayor's communications adviser guy (and Jessica).

I guess I should stop trying to compare Pearson to early seasons of Suits. I don't think I have ever watched a show that every person in a large ensemble cast was likable. You were even rooting for Luis..