1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Show] What are you watching?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jsingles, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Fantasma Negro

Prodigal Son is pretty solid. Only one season so far but a very compelling first 20 episodes

2. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Rewatching the Wire and the Plot Against America. I'm a big fan of David Simon and Ed Burn's writing. Before that was Devs. Also enjoyed. None of these shows are really easy watches. The Plot Against America is legitimately depressing to watch. The script and acting is so good, you can actually picture an alternate reality where a racist becomes President, and instead of joining in the fight against the Germans in World War 2, remains on the sidelines and establishes anti-semitic camps in various parts of the U.S., where the U.S. is complicit in helping the Nazis prevail globally.

You feel for the family this story primarily covers as their lives are destroyed and feel helpless as it all unfolds. It's a how to guide on how to successfully implement propaganda in a highly developed nation that paints a justification for the mistreatment and slaughter of a specific targeted group of people. The way conspiracy theories are weaponized to justify bizarre actions from an administration, to the specific word choice from government officials to fail to condemn hate crimes in press releases and in a nuanced way encourage further terror to justify the same hate crimes as a virtuous act of duty. It is masterful but depressing story telling.

#582 London'sBurning, May 3, 2020
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
    Hakeemtheking likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Zoeys extrodinary playlist.

DD

GRENDEL likes this.
  4. body slam

body slam Member

Outer Banks went in with low expectations and its actually better than expected.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  5. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

There was actually a documentary about that episode because the HBO cutting room footage had footage of a man there who was wrongfully convicted of murder. The footage showing him there cleared his name and solidified his alibi. Great watch.

donkeypunch likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The Long Shot was awesome.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I made a complete thread about how terrible it is, I only made it through 1 episode, I would be down to hate watching the entire season and commenting about how terrible it is.

9. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I watch it in German with English subtitles. I can't watch dubs either. I highly recommend the show. It is excellent and one of my favorite shows.

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I watched most of season one. I thought it was decent albeit it is a bit slow and is a different kind of humor (Brit humor if you will) that requires some patience to watch. I only watched it because of Ricky and I couldn't find anything better to watch. The show is about a guy whose wife died of cancer and the man is struggling while trying to figure out if he wants to live. I'm not sure what you would expect from a show like that but it's not your typical comedy fare. I never finished season one because I was watching at my parents' home as I don't have Netflix. I'm kind of interested to see where season two goes. I guess I could see why certain people would dismiss it early and/or maybe it's not up their alley.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The show I am talking about is Another Life not the RG show.

I like Brit humour.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Just started finishing Weeds I missed the last 2 seasons and have had it on my DVR for a couple of years.:D

I still find it very entertaining and Nancy Botwin still does it for me. I love Nancy, just my kind of crazy.

After all these years I still love these characters.

mikol13 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  13. Fantasma Negro

Gangs of London

14. Buck Turgidson

A great, great show (female-centric) that we've been watching is Better Things.

Pamela Adlon is a brilliant lady, I loved her in Californication, and Louie's shows, but this show is more serious, yet funny still.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah I love Better Things and Adlon and have had a crush since Californication.

Did we just become best friends?

I never finished Californication is it worth it?

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. PhiSlammaJamma

Started Upload. 2 episodes.

Not sure what to think. The science fiction was interesting. They dive right into it headfirst. The two actors are decent. But the true romance is not. Think they could have done more with it if they had gone for something deep and serious. It's more like Starship Troopers without the sexy. And less funny. Still interesting after 2 episodes for the premise, but that data stream thing was lame and the romance might have me quit it. "Almost" is a good way to describe it.

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Binge watched Into the Darkness.

Action packed sci-fi cheese.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Catching the new Penny Dreadful
    Interesting . . but still waiting for it to shift gears

Rocket River

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Earlier tonight I saw episode one and it's freaking weird. The guy who created both The Office and Parks and Recreation is behind Upload. With those two quirky, but excellent, shows under his belt, I'm hoping Upload improves.

One thing that could be in it's favor, assuming the writing improves, is that it got close to MA a couple of times, and I hope it gets a lot closer. I freely admit to enjoying sex and nudity in quirky, funny shows, and why not? It can help smooth over a weak joke here, or a fumbled plot sequence there.

I'm easy to please at this point. I want funny, quirky, sexy shows with naked bodies! Is that so wrong? I think not. Anything to relieve the boredom. The potential is there.

20. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

First watch through of Curb. Into second season.

GRENDEL likes this.