1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Mr Robot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A_3PO, May 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Havent seen tonights episode yet but Slater interacted with the group last episode also
    when they were waiting for Elliot to overcome his withdrawals

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I think a lot of of Christian Slater interacting with the group is really them interacting with Elliot and him just projecting Slater in his place. Still a Fight Club thing. I'm looking for people interacting with Elliot and Slater distinctly.

3. 713

713 Member

What did Angela find at her dad's?

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Debt.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I finished Episode 3 and immediately saw this post. Figured what the heck and went ahead and watched Episode 4.

Oh my...you weren't kidding...

6. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Finally had a chance to watch episode 5 this morning. It was much better than 3 or 4. It seemed like there was a purpose and not just random stuff they threw together. It is obvious Elliot and Tyrell have the same mindset with different motives. They both look for the "hack" in people but Elliot exploits it to help people and tyrell exploits it for personal gain.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Can i skip 4 and have 5 make sense more or less... (pls?)

8. 713

713 Member

I enjoyed episode 4. Don't know why people complained. You should just watch it and judge for yourself.

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Episode 4 is not a bad episode, it just sort of bucks the trend of all the episodes before it. I would say it's worth watching.

10. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

The 3rd episode certainly took a weird sharp turn into American Psycho the tv series. And while 4 was another departure, I didn't think it was that bad. Not that good mind you, but I figured these last 2 episodes are trying to connect the dots down the road. I'm not deterred, still have episode 5 to catch up on.

11. Awesome

Awesome Member

Honestly 3 and 4 almost made a lot of people want to blow the show off. If it had continued down that path this series would be toast but 4 is better than 3, its just a weird episode man and just something you hope they never do again.

People want Elliots hack skills not his drug binge hallucinations trip for an hour

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Episode 6 was a trip.

13. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Episode 6 was great. That was bordering on Breaking Bad quality there.

Love the use of Some Velvet Morning at the beginning. I haven't thought about that song in years, but it is a solid freaking song that I am now listening to various versions of. Nancy Sinatra's version is still the best though.

14. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Very good episode! Hacking check, drama check ✔.

I guess it was a good thing we stuck thru.

SPOILER-------

Figured that they got rid of his gf, him and the blonde obviously will end up together

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That was a pretty good episode.

What is up with all the negative space in the shots? Everyone is always in the bottom left corner. It's like there's a thought bubble missing in every scene.

All the movie geeks and aspiring directors, what am I missing? Is there some significance to these shots besides the visual aspect to it? I think the only shot when they were in the middle of the screen was when Elliot went to see the drug guy in lockup.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I love the classical music they play

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Good thing I avoided this thread until I saw it
    *grin*

I am still kind of stunned about the end
    Too many issues with the ending
    1. I didn't think Elliot cared that much
    2. Why did the Hispanic guy not shoot ole escapee on sight
    3. Why did the Escapee not kill Elliot?

Rocket River

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Friend of mine and I had a discussion about this.
    In real life, he definitely kills Elliot. My understanding is he feels Elliot will be of use to him, and since he killed his brother and the girl Elliot no longer has any leverage over him. He definitely cared about her, that's why he got the guy thrown in jail initially to begin with.

The only issue I really had was the fact that they were all kind of chilling there after the jail break -- knowing full well cops would be crawling all over the place very shortly. I also was confused about the lack of guards, I don't think there's a prison in existence that is completely computer controlled like that.

Overall though, great episode. I definitely didn't see a couple things coming there.

#118 seclusion, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Haven't watched this show since episode 2. How is it? Best new show of the summer?

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick