1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Mr Robot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A_3PO, May 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I was with you until the back half of the episode, it got a lot better and gave me some renewed hope for sure.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah I was just going to power through the episode to see if it gave me any renewed sense of hope, but my wife was just like "I don't care about this show anymore" so we just turned it off and watched Food Network instead.

Women are fickle.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Glad some of the NAMELESS ONES finally got a line or two there
    Some confirmation that they are NOT in his mind . .. .
    I am finding myself want to know more about them
    than the Slater/Tyrell/Main character/MC's best gal pal/ etc

Rocket River

4. Awesome

Awesome Member

That wasnt the hacker girl that was his neighbor who would give him the morphine

The hacker girl is the one who went with the muslim looking girl to meet th hackers from the Chinese hacker group

This episode was a set up but it weird man. All about Elliots drug trip really. A couple of interesting scenes with his co-worker putting her boyfriends infected CD in her computer and using his badge to get in the company.

Overall they had better get back to hacking or this show is going to plummet after these last 2 episodes.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Episode four was one of the worst hours of television I've ever seem. If five doesn't redeem then I'm about done with it.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I know that. I should have clarified better. That hacker chick is just awful. She's terrible. She's annoying, and I just don't believe that someone like that could be a hacker.

She sucks.

7. conquistador#11

that hacker chick looks she belongs on the set of 2 broke girls. still watching but what am i really watching?

8. Awesome

Awesome Member

Probably because she has an attitude most of the time. Its like they made her a bad girl but not all the way bad like someone who enjoys and embraces it, she just seems ticked all the time for no reason.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I guess I disagree. I enjoyed episode 4, I definitely had some issues with some of the things that were done (like I don't know why they needed to toss their cell phones to go see that dude in the back of a random alley...).

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when they try to get into the data center. Anyone who says this is the most boring show on tv clearly hasn't watched any of True Detective this season...

10. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Not sure why people here didn't like ep 4. I thought it was the best one since the pilot. That tripped out sequence with the talking fish was awesome. It reminded me of those trippy dream scenes from The Sopranos.

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I didn't think the fourth episode was quite as good as the last few but I still enjoyed it. Still early in the season I assume. How long to USA shows usually go a season?

12. 713

713 Member

Just caught up on all four episodes. The music/score is what makes this show awesome.

I am loving it so far but I don't know how the "Mr Robot" plot will be plausible be on this season.

To me, this show is not all about hacking, or the terror of capitalism but its what is going on within Elliott's mentally ill morphined-out head. It kinda reminds me of The Sopranos not being about all the MOB but about Tony Soprano's health.

I think this is the best show that's currently on and has my full attention till Football comes back.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the Christian Slater character is clearly imaginary, he doesn't interact with anyone else right?

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm fairly certain everyone is real except him, yeah.
    It's like fight club in that he wanted to change the world, but feels insignificant. He manifested Mr. Robot as an aspect of his personality that would allow him to accomplish these things.

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

He interacted with the guy outside the drug dealer house in the last episode. But that ended up being a hallucination/fever dream so no, I don't think he has.

16. VanityHalfBlack

They always need to add some annoying hipster chick to these shows. I like the other girl fine as it is u know the one he works with and sort of have a crush on?

17. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

The first three episodes were excellent.

That last one? I would have enjoyed my time better if I would have pulled my own teeth out. Seriously, what a complete waste of an episode. They could have just showed the first three minutes and the last three minutes and accomplished the same exact thing.

Just awful.

Also, I'm with you guys, my gut was screaming Mr. Robot isn't real since the first time I saw him. I actually hope I'm wrong, though, because it seems so obvious.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If Slater is not real . . .they need to explain how he came to meet everyone at the club house.
    I don't recall him doing much online chatting . . . . I guess they will retro him getting the gang together or something . . . .anonymously cause they don't know him

Rocket River

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Its just all too similar to Fight Club in which everything we didn't see was being done by the alter-ego.

20. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Well, Slater interacted with the group tonight. So that hurts my theory a little bit.

Some of the conversations in this show are BRUTAL. Like the one Elliot had with Bill Harper. That made me feel really bad for the guy. I was halfway expecting him to show up hanging himself somewhere in the episode.

This episode was much better.