1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Mr Robot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A_3PO, May 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. VanityHalfBlack

I always thought Fincher's best movie was zodiac. I never really cared for fight club but the last 2 mins of the episode was that the pixies in the background?

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Some of you guys jumping ship just because Mr. Robot is using an often used trope is pretty weak. Some of the best stuff out there were not original ideas. Star Wars, Lion King, Toy Story, etc. take their best themes from other stuff.

Like J Sizzle said, the reveal was well done. That first half of the episode, we were thinking Elliot's dad was alive.

I ain't mad just a little disappointed.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Many shows and movies have predictable endings or twists. If they're done well, they can still be effective and entertaining.

Honestly...I would say at this day in age, it's pretty uncommon to find a twist that's both original and unexpected at the same time.

4. VanityHalfBlack

Dreamshook, I'm with you man. I see it has a homage really but I just think that the fight club angle is just kinda tiring. I think people want something like breaking bad.

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Some people watch a show for the twist/payoff. Some watch it for the journey. Like the people who hate LOST because they didn't like the ending, ignoring that most of the rest of the show was amazing.

Whether you knew or not that Mr. Robot wasn't real, it doesn't change the fact that this has been a very good and entertaining show.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The reveal was well done IMO. I expected to be severely let down if/when it was confirmed.

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I don't remember 2 episodes ago and I was sleepy when watching. But didn't Christian slater hold a gun to the black hacker dude and convince him to come back?

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Obviously, it was Elliot. Remember he was also telling him "you know I'm crazy" and Elliot is crazy.

Also, Tyrell met with Mr. Robot in Ep. 8 and it was obvious at the end of this episode that it was really Elliot he was meeting with. Just as it was obvious that Elliot had set everything up as "Mr. Robot" before Mr. Robot brought "Elliot" into the fold. He just doesn't remember these things, just like how he didn't remember that Mr. Robot looked like his father or that Darlene was his sister.

9. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, piano version of Where is My Mind? - same song used at the end of Fight Club.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

yep, Pixies. Where is my Mind. Came into post this. See y'all covered it already.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/E1d5VvCa8Fo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So, now it's confirmed. There should be Fight Club tips of real vs not real throughout the earlier episodes, starting with when someone or TVs calls E Corp, Evil Corp, who wouldn't otherwise call them that.

#210 heypartner, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  11. heypartner

btw: Elliot's last words to Tyrell were "To save the world." Then he looks at the popcorn machine.

uh,,,,There is a gun in the popcorn machine still, right? Or was that not real.

12. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Either way, who was making the popcorn?! :eek:

13. heypartner

right, and I'm still trying to figure out who is walking the dog enough now that the neighbor/gf/supplier got murdered in the prison-break. Or was that not real, and she just hates the dog and moved away from Elliot without having the heart to 'splain it was the dog?

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm curious as to what they'll do for season 2 now that we officially know his dad was in his head the entire time. Excited for the finale.

15. heypartner

Jr Robot?

16. VanityHalfBlack

Let's hope season 2 has some fresh ideas and not homages to movies from the 90s. To the creators of this show, we get it. Let's move on.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I mean it has a lot of influence from those things, but it's definitely still it's own entity. If you're going to try and tell me you knew Mr. Robot was his dad, I'm going to call you a liar.

I didn't see that or the sister thing coming at all.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Just finished watching the latest /last episode i think.

So . . .
    There is no FSociety . . .it is only Elliot and his multiple personalities.
    The Black guy . . the other guy .. the indian lady . . .
    This was totally him and his sister only?

Rocket River

19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

If thats true then i completely am done watching

20. VanityHalfBlack

Holy ****, the internet made a startling revelation. The last scene with the popcorn machine, what if........ Elliot uses the gun stashed in the popcorn machine to eliminate Tyrell? You talk about a season finale, holy Jesus!!!!