1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Turkish basketball player 8'0'' and still growing

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by rfrocket, Mar 19, 2003.

1. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Man, they're growing them bigger, and bigger aren't they?

The guy was discovered in a little village in Eastern Turkey. The doctors say he may grow as tall as 8'2''. But he already needs knee surgery, so I don't think that bodes well for a long b-ball career.

I think that the North Korean guy that was 7'9'' was considered the tallest player in the world(I read that somewhere, could be wrong), but this guy might make him look small. From the picture of him under the basket, he doesn't look that tall(8'0''). May just be the angle though.

Size 60 shoes?:eek: :eek: :eek:

Sultan Kosen

2. stra

stra Member

OH MY!!

just think your post needed a reply. Well he will probably be useless on the court but he would be interesting to watch at least

3. neXXes

neXXes Member

Probably a hoax

4. fstrada

fstrada Member

Yes, the North Korean player is named Michael Ri. He is a legend that was better than Yao Ming. Michael Ri could have been great. Too bad for Communism. At least we got Yao over here, but what a shame. Michael Ri could have been great.

5. tigereye

tigereye Member

Ri Myong Hoon (spelling might be incorrect) is the guy your looking for. He was actually listed as 7'11" but he was not better than Yao nor will he ever be. He is thin and easily moveable like another stick boy we all know of (Shawn Bradley) Sure he is a legend in North Korea, but only because he dominated a league in which he had no competition at all, not even a Mengke Bateer and Wang ZhiZhi like Yao had. He was pursued by many teams like the Mavs but no one could land him because of all the political red tape that was involved with him. Today he 36 and all interest that teams had in him are now gone.

6. tigereye

tigereye Member

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think the Turkish player is a hoax, per se, but I do think he is not 8'0. Looking at that picture, he doesn't seem that much taller than Yao Ming.

8. tigereye

tigereye Member