1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's USA officially declares to be no longer a nation of immigrants

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 22, 2018.

1. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

We should do anything we can to help Melania and her parents -- she's the hottest first lady ever. :D

2. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Yep, this. Although I think the "brown" part could have been left out -- the Dems just want voters that will support and expand the welfare state, whatever their ethnicity.

3. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Yes, anyone who does not agree with the PC culture and narrative must be a Russian bot.... o_O

4. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Their whole worldview and argumentation methods are based on emotionalism, rather than reason or logic.

It's a feature, not a bug.

5. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Not sure this is analogous. The whole idea of a "United States of Europe" (the EU) is increasingly being shown to be a miserable failure, and the reason is that its member countries hold different economic/political/cultural values.

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure you believe this. I seen conservatives argue it a ton to each other. I've watched half hour long YouTube videos of conservatives smugly stating this as fact, very self-important, and self-congratulatory, as if by making the claim it puts to bed any possible idea that Morlock conservatives aren't universally acknowledged to be a superior race of human beings to the Eloi libtards.

From where I sit, what I see is a bunch of conservative people who are terrified of their own shadow and everything that is different than they are and afraid that every change is going to result in ruin. They basically retreat inside their heads to a illusion of how great they imagine the world used to be but never actually was.

Basically revolted by and terrified of the world outside, and convinced that if they don't look out for #1 exclusively, then through that "weakness" they will be swallowed and consumed by the hoards of scary people trying to gain purchase on their coattails.

Certainly, you are entitled to your belief, but you should realize some people sees the opposite. I see conservatives as much more governed by their emotions (and much less savory emotions as that).

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Ah, uh...ahem....You have a very powerful imagination. :)

But I don't think one can really dispute what drives leftist politics. "OMG Trump's breaking up families at the border." "OMG he repelled people on the border ....on Thanksgiving." "OMG Trump is literally going to kill people by ending Obamacare." "OMG did you see that little boy wash up on the beach in Turkey...clearly everybody who wants to illegally immigrate anywhere should have the right to do that." "No one is illegal..." And on and on....

Such emotionalism should not be driving policy; but unfortunately it does all too often. Even the Orange One is not exempt. "OMG Assad used gas on [gasp] his 'own' people..." {Trump missile strike follows}

I largely blame the sensationalist media, and how they play upon (and prey upon) the bleeding hearts. But then if people would quit watching and listening to that media....

8. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

No a single emotion on my part when I say that treating people poorly to punish them is poor policy. Its prison guard sadiasm, which is about as emotionally driven a behavior as I can imagine.

I understand that you dont wsnt them here, but that little need to give an extra twist of the knife on the way out the door is completely illogical and driven by lizard brain dominance game compulsions.

Ridiculously emotional on your part. Stanford Prison Experiment FTW!

9. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

May I inquire as to what it is you are referring to? If you are referring to illegals locked up because they tried to come here illegally....then maybe they shouldn't have tried to come here illegally.

10. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I don't think my post was emotional at all. Did it have some energy in it? Yes, but that was to show you have emotional reactions drive leftist policy, which then leads to bad policy.

And I'll admit I don't know about this Stanford thing you are talking about.

11. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

That is what we call in the psychology business....

an emotional response. Thank for proving my point.

What are you seeking to do? Do you want to hurt them for breaking your rules, or do you wish to send them somewhere else? The need to inflict punishment on them is totally emotional and kind of sordid, if you ask me.

12. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Ha. My statement is entirely logic and reason, and nothing else.

13. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

I disagree. I think this is the crux of the issue. From my view you mistake anger for logic. I'm sure you have a logical bridge explanation to keep the edifice upright, but the need to inflict punishment is a very primal emotional response.

Guards in the Stanford Prison Experiment thought they were acting rationally, too.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  14. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

A few things:

1) "From my view you mistake anger for logic." Who's anger am I mistaking for who's logic? I think you need to be clearer about this for me to consider it.

2) "but the need to inflict punishment" -- what punishment is being inflicted? Is being detained punishment? I suppose it is, in a way, but not like being imprisoned for X many years; being electrocuted to death for capital crime -- now, that's punishment.

A person runs afoul of a law, they can expect to be detained, if caught, at the very least. That's entirely logical and rational.

3) You still haven't told me what this Stanford thing is about -- and without that, I hate to say it, the reference looks like moral and/or intellectual preening.

15. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. Bruce claims liberals base policy on emotion while he pees his pants about a “caravan” coming to invade our country. In fact, he’s so emotional about the issue that he wants to spend billions of dollars to build a stupid wall to keep out scary people from the south. It would hard to make this stuff up.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Which values are incorrect at large in the US? I would say they are spot on generalities. Enlighten us.

Also there is not singular culture. I said genrral American values. I did not say states and regions can't have their own.

Furthermore, Europe generally does have a different set of values. This is largely related to population movement. These values are deeply engrained because we learn things from our society and families during upbringing. Also yes I know there are key differences in regions but there are still shared values. This is what makes up the fabric of our culture and society.

#116 dachuda86, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  17. Buck Turgidson

Hah, I had to turn the ignore off, I thought for a minute there you were glossing the President as "Bruce", Monty Python style.

gifford1967 and FranchiseBlade like this.