1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's USA officially declares to be no longer a nation of immigrants

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fair enough.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And yet the average immigrant knows the Constitution far better than the average Trump supporter.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So what is your opinion about RL's post? What follows, and that includes your post that I've quoted here, is the noise produced by this post by RocketsLegend being reported as bigoted by me almost a year ago.

You want to defend this?

By RocketsLegend:

"Democrats want more brown people because they tend to not have or want American values and will vote for the party that also distance themselves from American values."

4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Have you stopped beating your wife?

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Have you?

6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

seriously? this is where you want to take this?

I don't have anything to say on it.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Look, I had the chump on ignore and someone, presumably a new moderator with time on his or her hands, sent me a message referring to a post I reported nearly a year ago by a person I have had on ignore for a while. Would you ignore such a message in you alert box if you received one? I think not. And wtf does my wife have to do with anything? (and yes, I got the expression and sent one back at you). This is beyond stupid and NOT started by me, unless you disagree with the original post by RocketsLegend being reported. I think it deserved to be reported and would do so again, but since I have had the fool on ignore for months now, and intend to park him there again, it'll be up to others to report his bigotry. By the way, the post I reported is merely a sample of what he did frequently until I stopped seeing his posts.

I don't have anything to say on it.
    Unless you do.

8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

@Deckard , I may have missed something here, in which case I apologize. But I have no idea what you're talking about.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Read the post from RL that I have put in quotes a couple of posts above these. I don't know how you missed it.

10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

still a little fuzzy about what you're asking. if you mean "Democrats want more brown people because they tend to not have or want American values and will vote for the party that also distance themselves from American values," I'm not sure where that's from. I was responding to NewRoxFan's point about the Constitution.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Look at post #3 on page 1 of this thread, made by RocketsLegend. My post reporting it is on page 3. Both his post and mine come from February of 2018! The current "discussion" comes from my response to a message I received in my alert box saying that RL's post was "cringe worthy," and that he was warned. That's the short version. I had to take RL off ignore to find out what post was being referred to, what I posted, etc., etc., and so on. Because it referred to an incident from nearly a year ago, I found it quite confusing. I'm not surprised that you are confused. Join the crowd.

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

ok I see it. didn't realize that was from this thread

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

1. Read up on Hamilton vs Jefferson. Believing a larger government would be more effective doesn’t make someone less American.

2. Please show me example of our “white” President trying to shrink the size of our current government.

.... well I guess shutting it down made it smaller.

Pizza_Da_Hut and mdrowe00 like this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Deckard, I've been going through the reports dating back that had not been "resolved." I'm sorry it led to confusion on your part. Feel free to disagree with my position on that particular post.

The user was warned for his type of postings that tiptoe the line. The one in particular that has bothered you is not something that I think moves into a line that needs to be deleted.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

OK! I'd either missed that you got the gig or simply forgot. I think going back that far to reply to a member that reported a post can be confusing to said member, as well as the member who made the original post. You might also check (don't know if you can) whether the member that reported the relatively old post has put the offending member on ignore. I had to take the goofus off ignore to figure out exactly what this was about. Just some free advice. As for what I think of your action, hell yes, I disagree. With that, I'm done discussing the matter and Rockets"Legend" can go back on my ignore list, where he belongs.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll try to continue to treat you as an "ordinary supporting member." ;)

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm not sure what the notice you get looks like sorry! Also have no way to tell if you have them on ignore. The purpose of the notification was just to let you know it was at least looked at.

Please do. Just a volunteer moderator. :)

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hey, I think you're a great choice. Thanks for clarifying what you can see and can't see about reported posts. You're attempting to do the right thing and sort of stepped in it. My apologies. I still think you are wrong about the guy, but since I just put him back on ignore, I feel clean and he's someone else's problem. Someone like you! :D

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

LOL. Sounds like you should travel within this country a little bit. Pretending that America has a singular set of values is laughable.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Read the bottom part about generalities before rushing to disagree.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I read it. Doesn't make it any less ridiculous of a stance. Is there a singular European culture? I live in Colorado, my sister lives in New York, the value of our communities are about as different as Spain and England