1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

trump's nativist/racist tweets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Even a a plurality of Republicans think it was racist, but they still support him, even in greater number. :eek:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...merican-offensive-partisan-divide/1748737001/

Two-thirds of those surveyed, 65%, say that telling minority Americans to "go back where they came from" is a racist statement. Nearly three-fourths of Democrats strongly agree with that. Republicans are inclined to agree that the comment is racist, but by a narrower margin, 45% to 34%.

2. foh

foh Member

You quoted the nbc article that I originally quoted... Do you actually read what other people post? If you don't, then I feel stupid - I'm talking into a void with no one on another side.

If you would've actually read my comment, you'd see me point out that everything related to the word "racist" is a reporting of what someone else has said and is always in quotation marks to point out that it is not the opinion of the reporter that is being relayed.

I only care about nbcnews.com article as that is my main source of info.

I hope something clicks/changes and you'll eventually start listening to what people with opposing views are actually saying. Otherwise you are the most unpatriotic type of citizen, who just blindly following his/her tribe's leader without any initiative to improve said tribe. For now, though, I will try to remember not to engage you.

3. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

When it looks like they are making sense, yes I do.

When they are not making sense.....not so much.

cml750 and Os Trigonum like this.
  4. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Heh. If you're not a leftist, you're "unpatriotic." Ok.

BTW, I don't take part in "tribalism." People who see themselves as individuals first usually don't.

I support Trump in his refusal to give in to the PC/leftist crowd, which I find highly admirable. But I didn't vote for him in 2016, and probably won't next year either.

dachuda86 likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

6. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Eh, you could be accurate that a lot/most people think that way; but that doesn't make it correct.

mick fry likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Even Republican leaders who are not holding office agree that it was racist. So it's not the leftists.

I have been told to go back to India many times as a kid and an adult. It's a common refrain I experience in my life from bigots. All of them have been white. It certainly is racist and the people saying it to me said it with hate and anger over my race as I did nothing to them. It is 100% racist and it's sickening for you to try to excuse it.

I was born in this country and have as much right to be here as you do.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

btw, matt brooks is the executive director of the Republican Jewish Coalition...

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

You don't need to question me being accurate or not as polling data isn't my own opinion. It's people answering questions and they think it's a racist statement.

Here is my opinion - I think it's freaking mess up to support Trump even more after agreeing that what Trump did was racist.

10. NewRoxFan

When it crosses ben shapiro's line...

Os Trigonum likes this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

A number of posters on here who think what he said was “brilliant” would be joining in with that crowd.

And people like Ben Shapiro are part of the problem. He has also capitalized on her race and ethnic background to cast her as a villain who is out of place in America. It’s the commentary like his that has led her to be subjected to death threats, and now this nonsense.

I’ll note also that “vile” and “disgusting” is not the same thing as “racist”. It is interesting how quick he is to call someone who criticizes Israel or our increasingly one-sided relationship with Israel as an anti-Semite, but he is so reluctant to call this out for what it is.

#473 durvasa, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The Trump administration is sending their goons on cable news networks trying to make up bullshit that Illhan Omar supports Al-Qaeda. ****ing disgusting pieces of ****.

Eric Riley and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Basket of Deplorables?

Looks like we're gonna need a bigger boat

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

17. NewRoxFan

The "both sides" position...

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Reading this thread is brutal when Twitter is blocked at your company.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This is almost as depraved.

While I find many extremist jews disgusting, this Kristallnacht thing is totally not ok!

Hutus are dirty pigs, but us Tutsis should definitely not hack them up with machete
    s!

While the Rohingya aren't welcome here, as a Nobel Peace Prize winner, I have nothing further to add

Yeah, it doesn't ****ing work that way man.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

This is a winning campaign slogan - keep it up!

You're a slow learner, Fisher. Probably still reeling from the CELL PHONE VOTERS not showing up to help your boy John Kerry against Dubs.