1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's major announcement

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 26, 2019.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yay Trump. Go Trump.

It's a good temporary distraction for Donald John after impeachment witnesses exposed his lies and bu*****t. And Rudy's henchmen in the Ukraine scheme (getting the U.S. ambassador canned and working to concoct the Biden scheme) being nabbed trying to flee the country.

Won't save him from impeachment in the House, even if the Senate Republicans won't have the balls to punish him for his anti-Constitution scumbaggery.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know, I kinda like this one

cml750 and MojoMan like this.
  3. TheresTheDagger

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-alive-if-obama-had-been-as-decisive-as-trump

Kayla Mueller's mother on Baghdadi death: Daughter might still be alive 'if Obama had been as decisive' as Trump

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I feel awful for the mother and wish her the best in her grief. She doesn't have the best insight into how things work, nor is she particularly knowledgeable regarding the operation that took out Baghdadi.

If voicing her support for Trump and trashing Obama somehow truly helps her in her grief, then I'm okay with it.

Two Sandwiches and Os Trigonum like this.
  5. TheresTheDagger

In 2015, when Obama and his administration was in charge there was an actual "caliphate" led by a strong, seemingly invulnerable leader (Baghdadi) in Syria/Iraq. In Europe and America, there were multiple attacks by extremists killing hundreds of innocents. ISIS had already been labeled "the JV team" by Obama.

Now, in 2019, there is no more Caliphate, Baghdadi is dead, and we haven't seen a major attack in either Europe or America since Trump's inauguration.

Something definitely changed.

How's my insight into how things work?

cml750, MojoMan and Astrodome like this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm sure it's great.You did leave a few things out. The fall of the Caliphate was based on plans from the military prior to Trump. The intel that lead to the death of Baghdadi came from the Kurdish allies that Trump has abandoned and won't be so helpful in the future. So the intel came from the alliance formed during Obama's indecisive administration.

You don't consider the mass shooting in France that killed 5 and wounded 11 in 2018 major? That seems on par with most of the European and North American attacks during the Obama administration as well.

I also find it strange that you isolate your criteria to just North America and Europe while omitting the attacks in The Phillippines. Is there a reason why those don't count?

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

Yes because this thread is full of substance and you know the substance.

cml750, Andre0087 and Os Trigonum like this.
  8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Bullshit is a mother****er.

9. TheresTheDagger

Yes, plans and intel that was never acted upon. Thanks for proving my point.

How do you know the Kurds won't be so helpful in the future? Are you from the future?

No, I don't consider it to be anywhere near as catastrophic as 131 killed and 413 injured/wounded in Paris. Or the 14 killed and 24 injured/wounded in San Bernadino. Or 103 killed and 400+ injured/wounded in Turkey. Or 32 killed and 340 injured/wounded in Belgium. Or a 2nd attack in Turkey that killed 45 and injured/wounded 239. Or the 49 killed and 53 injured/wounded in Orlando. Or the 86 killed and 434 injured/wounded in a 2nd attack in France. Or a 3rd attack in Turkey that killed 57 and injured/wounded 69. Or the attack in Germany that killed 12 and injured/wounded 56.....and on and on. Those are just the major ones in Europe/American in 2015-16.

Pretty catastrophic for a "JV team". Would you agree?

If I took it outside of those 2 areas, it gets WAY worse for the Obama administration vs. Trump.

cml750 likes this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

What was that saying... oh yea, "never let a tragedy go to waste"...

mdrowe00 likes this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Actually they were acted upon. They were put into place before Trump got into office.

Nope, not from the future. I'm from the past, and have seen how people betrayed by their supposed allies react.

I would agree that the JV team quote from when they were a JV team is out of place with all the resources put into their defeat by Obama. Would you?
    If you want to expand the target area after Trump was in office we can do that. It isn't vastly worse under Obama than Trump.
    A suicide bombing occurred on Wednesday 15 August 2018 in the Shia region of Kabul took place.[63]Afghanistan's Ministry of Public Health reported that 48 people including 34 students were killed and 67 were injured.[64] The responsibility was claimed by ISIS.[65]

Two militants dressed in burqa entered a Shiite mosque in the town of Gardez in the province of Paktia and opened fire. One of the attackers blew himself up and the other was gunned down by security guards. 39 people were killed and at least 80 others injured in the attack.[61][62]

The 2018 As-Suwayda attacks were a string of suicide bombings and gun attacks that took place in and around As-Suwayda, Syria on 25 July, killing at least 246 people and injuring more than 200. The attacks were committed by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).[58][59]

On 25 July 2018, during polling for the 2018 Pakistani general election, a bomb blast outside a polling station in Quetta's Eastern Bypass area resulted in 31 people being killed and over 35 injured.[55][56][57] Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant claimed responsibility for the attack, according to the group’s Amaq News Agency.

Siraj Raisani was about to address an election rally when a suicide bomber, carrying around 16–20 kg of explosive material in his vest,blew himself up among a crowd of more than 1000 people.Along with Raisani, the explosion killed 128 people.Two days after the attack, on 15 July 2018, the number of dead increased to 149, while 186 other people were injured, making it the deadliest terrorist attack in Pakistan since the APS massacre in Peshawar in 2014.[49]

A suicide bomber killed at least 36 people and injured 65 others at a gathering of Taliban and Afghan armed forces in the Rodat district of the eastern Afghan province of Nangarhar[47]

On 22 April 2018, a suicide blast killed 69 people and wounded dozens more Sunday at a voter registration center in Koche Mahtab Qala, in the Dashte Barchi area of western Kabul, Afghanistan.

No, it wouldn't get worse. That was only a small portion of the attacks from 2018. All of those and more can be found at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_linked_to_ISIL

It is stupid to try and trash one American President over another when celebrating a victory over terrorists. That is divisive thinking at a time when we should be united in the victory.

I will excuse the misguided uniformed ranting from a grieving mother, but not from people trying to play politics.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

14. TheresTheDagger

[​IMG]

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Oh so that's why Trump's Syrian policy is better.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Not really sure what this has to do with anything at all.

Especially considering all the class that Trump has so knowingly exuded over his lifetime. I was going to type just one example, but to do so leads to many other examples.

I've enjoyed watching this from afar, but let's not kid ourselves and post some random sarcastic picture of Obama when it comes time for someone to call someone else classy.

10/10 sane people would conclude that Obama is much classier than Trump. If you don't think so, I know of a few psychiatric hospitals where I can refer you for eval.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Did this strike anyone else as kind of creepy? Especially the bolded parts. He says was he did to her was "incredible" and mentions the word "captivity" 4 times and "beautiful" 3 times.

Considering his history, I'm just not sure I would want Donald Trump calling my daughter a "beautiful, woman, beautiful young woman."

KingCheetah likes this.
  19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I wouldn't want Trump around his own daughter.

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Irrespective of party politics, I'm not sure how any reasonably sentient person can listen to the incoherent ramblings of this idiot and consider him suitable for the highest office of the land.