1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

That needs to run 24 7. The clip where he says cuomo is overacting that New York doesn’t need 30k to 40k ventilators. In the next week or so it will look bleak in New York. Trump is putting people’s lives at risk. He should ordered manufacturers weeks ago to retool and build ventilators. If people start to die because of lack of support in New York this will be on him.

Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  2. Senator

Senator Member

No, it won't. It will be on China like it always has.

There are numerous articles from liberal sources showing the manufacturing capacity for producing ventilators means you can't pop them out overnight . You have to import certain parts from Germany and Asia and those nations, being swamped themselves then diverting sources to Italy and Spain, wouldn't have been able to do it even with an earlier order. The more you spread misinformation the more you show your lack of IQ. If you just had a little more awareness the dems would easily be able to defeat Trump in the election , but liberals continue to be their own worst enemy by not understanding how to think or win like adults.

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Just heard ...this is so bad. This is what happens when a stupid portion elects a dumbass

5. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

How do you justify all that military spending when you’re letting your constituents die for things like not enough PPE , vents (basic ones which are a simple concept)

6. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Exactly you can’t build them over night that’s why trump should have made the manufacturing community to build them over a month ago or have a plan in place to buy them. Which he did not. Trump still thinks that New York is overacting and doesn’t need 30k to 40k. Trump had no Real plan the last two months. All he did was down play the virus saying it will go away. That people critiquing him on the coronavirus was a hoax. So yes trump takes a lot of blame. So does China.

#1086 AleksandarN, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  7. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Btw you talk about misinformation. Tell me or better yet show me the proof that China manufactured the coronavirus.

8. Senator

Senator Member

It is a fact , like multiple instances before, the virus started at a wet market in Wuhan that should be illegal in the first place. It's lucrative so the Chinese govt has no regulation on it and there are all kinds of snakes, bats, pangolin, rats etc. in close vicinity of each other, some alive, some dead, some half alive and dead, getting incinerated and causing all kinds of unhygienic practices to occur. We have literally had the exact same thing happen before and the Chinese went right backt o doing it after a brief halt.

You should already know this, if you don't , educate yourself instead of wasting other people's time.

9. Senator

Senator Member

So what did the liberal governors and leaders of America do instead?

The manufacturing facilities are in the far East - not here.

There are people inside of China today saying the number is 4x of the 3,000 or so they say died.

Then it got really bad in Italy and they diverted shipments there.

The templates in America do not support overnight production of this even if they started in Feb, and no... no democrat sounded the alarm bells to drop everything and start consolidating beds and medical equipment. This was an across the board underestimation and ignoring of the doctors who did sound the alarm bells.

Trump is trying to allocate resources , you can't shift all the ventilators to NY when the waves that will hit the midwest, Florida, California etc. will be severe in April and May. Look, he's a nincompoof and wouldn't be anything without his dad's money but the blame game of lib vs conserv doesn't apply here. Focus your time on the right aspects, not whining about Trump. That won't do anything as the last 4 yrs have shown. Think smarter for a better America, don't sink to the level of losers who find irrelevant stuff to whine about because they've aren't capable of merit based success.

dachuda86 and Corrosion like this.
  10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Prove it came from a bat and not the lab in wuhan.

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

My god, he completely lies about the point made by the governor (Inslee) who was pushing trump to step up as president...

FACT CHECK: Trump Says Call With Governors Had 'No Contention.' Reports Say Otherwise
    https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...ernors-had-no-contention-reports-say-otherwis

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. NewRoxFan

Ventilators, in extremely short supply due to the demand but vital to treat stricken COVID-19 patient along with countless others, are expensive, according to trump...

Hakeemtheking, Nook, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  13. NewRoxFan

A president of the United States, refusing to help citizens because he thinks the Governor of that state was mean to him?

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The leaders of NY put themselves in this position by exclaiming that people needed to go out and enjoy the city during the early stages. De Blasio recommended movie theatres. Senators Lui and kavanaugh recommended parades. The health commisioner recommended restuarants and festivals. These are their local leaders! I didnt want to go there yet but damn.

Corrosion and Nook like this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure about that. The virus needs living cells to replicate. I haven't seen any info regarding how long a corpse is contagious after death.

That said keeping a dead body around isn't a good idea as natural rot is dangerous even without COVID 19.

16. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

It’s China’s fault either way. There’s a paper out in nature (highest impact journal in the world outside of NEJM) that just concluded that it was not manufactured in a lab based on the virus backbone. That is me citing the highest authority in the entire world when it comes to making any scientific conclusion, and I’m still not expecting you to be like “oh yea dude the lab thing is bs.”

If that doesn’t convince you now there is no hope for you dude.

AleksandarN and Nook like this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The idea that it was created by the PRC is ridiculous on the face of it. Loss of life and economically the PRC is the worst hit country.

It's as ridiculous as the Asian conspiracy theory that the CIA created it and US soldiers spread it.

Even entertaining the idea that it is a bioweapon. It's a pretty poor bioweapon if you're causing death and destruction. It's also crazy to deploy it if you can't stop it yourself and it ends up hurting yourself as bad or worse than your enemies.

Corrosion, ElPigto and AleksandarN like this.
  18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Translates to ... My very large brain told me that a viral pandemic could not happen. Who am I to question my very large brain?

#1098 No Worries, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    AroundTheWorld and RayRay10 like this.
  19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

TV stations should take the Trump approach and reply ... Make me.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

definitely true worldwide. I think @rimrocker first posted some numbers of spiking “viral pneumonia “ stats from SE Asia, weeks ago.

RayRay10, Nook and WNBA like this.