1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You wouldn't wish COVID19 on your worst enemy.

Unless you're this dung heap of a person

All of you who voted for this should be ashamed.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

One of the guys leading policy...

No Worries and RayRay10 like this.
  4. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Trump's approval ratings for handling the crisis have now climbed above 60% according to the Hill poll. Very strong endorsement during these polarized times, given that about 40% of the population are hardened liberals who would hate Trump even if he cured cancer. The negative groupthink crew around here is missing an exemplary lesson in leadership.

GOOD DAY

cml750 likes this.
  5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They'd say his curing cancer was done for big pharma and it should be "free" to everyone and we need to further tack on climate change issues to it.

cml750 and El_Conquistador like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

Most Americans don’t trust President Trump for accurate COVID-19 information says CBS/YouGov Poll
    https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/articles-reports/2020/03/24/who-americans-trust-covid

No Worries likes this.
  7. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

8. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Up until just a few weeks ago, Democrats in Congress thought that the highest and best use of their time was impeachment proceedings... Instead of strengthening and preparing the country to take on a challenge like this. No one can criticize Trump's handling of this crisis when the Democrats have wasted so much time pursuing partisan fights to appease their extreme base. Trump's team is working its tail off to protect our country and restore our economic health, while the Democrats make fools of themselves by sitting back and idly complaining.

GOOD DAY

cml750 likes this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

How is he curing Coronavirus? That’s what your analogy insinuates. That he is part of the solution and not part of the problem.

I’ve said it before that this poll is reminiscent of how people view the polls on the economy. He basically gets credit for the end result regardless of how much of an idiot he is on the topic.

But in this case he really is doing and saying some truly aweful things that is really hurting the response that people just aren’t paying attention to. Unless you think all of these things are actually positive. Please tell me if you think these things are on par with “curing cancer”:

-Suppressing Testing upon first arrival of virus
    -Lying about seriousness of virus
    -Turning the virus into a partisan issue so Trump voters believe its a hoax
    -withholding aid to NY and CA
    -Not invoking war powers act to help states get supplies needed
    -Trying to get slush fund in the bill to potentially spend on whatever he wants with zero accountability
    -Trying to force governors to reopen early by Easter
    -Pumping false hope of a miracle drug that led couple to take drug and die
    Etc etc etc

We are actually on par to have Italy like numbers when this thing spikes, but I do hope his approval stays high cause that means overall most of the population is taken care of regardless and largely unaffected. I think those who know better know it’s despite of him but most people only judge an end result which is what it is.

Your analogy is stupid though cause you know better. You harbor so much animosity towards other people who also know better and aren’t afraid to call a spade a spade. It’s the reason why you will support Trump 110%. This bizarre animosity towards who you view as an existential threat. You said it the other day “The REAL problem (blame for the start of the virus) is PC culture”... which basically saying liberals are to blame for even something like a virus outbreak in China.

That’s pretty sad and must be a miserable way of life.

Deckard, IBTL, RayRay10 and 1 other person like this.
  10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

No one is saying he's curing Corona virus you lunatic. I was making a joke about how instead of tackling a problem, democrats will tag on their agenda. IE the stimulus debate and their green emissions additions during a time of crisis.

Also I don't even support Trump. I openly critique the man on a regular basis. Hell if you read my other posts around here these days I've got a thread calling out his party and I've called him out several times regarding his response to this mess. Get off your high horse and stop being an ass. If you think one of the current ruling parties is actually handling this well, you're a partisan hack. Truly.

#930 dachuda86, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    Two Sandwiches likes this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Hahaha...... hate to break it to you if you think you're an independent thinker, but you are taken about as seriously on a partisan level as Texx or Commodore.

12. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Amazing in my 50 years I have never been contacted about any poll....

T_Man

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I think anyone that approves of the job Trump is doing is a blind idiot.

But I also think the Democrats trying to attach things into the stimulus that have to do with things other than the coronavirus is idiotic as well, and a poor use of the People's time.

Here's what I'll probably do come election time:

I'll evaluate each candidate. No way in hell is Trump getting my vote. As far as the other positions, if there's someone in office that I can vote out, I will. So long as the Challenger is not a Trump supporting nitwit.

The whole swamp, democratic and republican, needs to be drained. It's a travesty to this country. It's going to be our downfall.

14. NewRoxFan

15. cml750

cml750 Member

Nor have I.

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good.

17. NewRoxFan

pirc1, RayRay10 and SamFisher like this.
  18. SamFisher

Like what? LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE SECTOR is going to be crushed by the Coronavirus Depression. Where's the "unrelated" ?

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Carter didn;t do **** for 400 days. worst analogy ever

20. SamFisher

Worst analogy ever because this is way, way, way, way worse than the Iran hostage crisis.