1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I actually agree with a lot of this. And then Dude starts talking to me! I'm gonna answer:

I don't teach history, but I do teach Harriet Jacobs and Frederick Douglass at times. "Democrat" and "Republican" never crossed my mind. Sorry.

Yes.
    Has the student put his pieces back together?
    A five-hour test! Not many teachers have a five-hour test to pull out of their back pockets spontaneously. Did she allow potty breaks? (Hoping!!!!)

I think very few teachers think about "Democrat" and "Republican" while teaching kids.
    More importantly, when you talk about slavery and racial discrimination, you should not be talking about Democrat and Republican. You talk about why are these bad. That's what education is.

He is seriously asking teachers to talk more about political parties in the classroom? It's anti-educational.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Which one will go down in history as trump's biggest lie?

"Mexico will pay for the wall"
    "China is paying for the tariffs"
    "In two weeks I will present my beautiful health care plan"
    "COVID-19 will suddenly disappear"
    "By election day we will have a vaccine for COVID-19"

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

An idiotic perspective written by an ignorant person.

Cities have the most crime, the most homeless, and the most murders because they have the most people. It's called math.

DVauthrin, ROXTXIA, mdrowe00 and 5 others like this.
  4. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Yes, and that is also partly due to each state's allocation of resources - Trump can't do everything for them.

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can't read all that, but I could care less what this guy thinks. He retweets Trump's lies about voting fraud, hydroxychloroquine, and other BS. Trump is corrupt, stands by white supremacists, pushed the whole no mask thing as a party stance, hires corrupt friends and loyalists into his Executive Branch, put his daughter and husband into the White House positions, and has people all over the country in turmoil because they are sick and tired of his BS. He never ceases to lie about anything and enough is enough. He needs to go!

6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

He only helps those who make him richer, toot his horn, and stand by his lies. He doesn't give a damn about you or me, and certainly doesn't care about all the dead Americans. They are just numbers for him to brag about, in his twisted mind.

What do you actually like about this man?

DVauthrin, mdrowe00, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A great deal is incorrect in what he mentions.

1. He tries to talk about division starting with Trump's election and inauguration. Of course Trump's attempted division started during his campaign. But that doesn't matter. After elected, it is Trump's job as leader to unify and bring the nation together. He failed. He hasn't even tried. What has happened is division to the point where there riots across the nation. This didn't happen under the previous presidents. It happened under Trump.

The teaching part is ridiculously ignorant. K-12 teachers teach events and don't mention the party one way or the other except in certain parts of Presidential elections, and political science. During those times, it is taught that Lincoln was a Republican.

But it may also be taught that there was a switch during the Civil Rights movement.

This isn't taught but I've seen it mentioned many times.

1. What party did Strom Thurmond used to belong to?

2. Which party did he switch to?

3. Why did he make that switch?

Walker's take doesn't really make too many valid points.

#4467 FranchiseBlade, Aug 6, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  8. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Lol- an idiot.
    You think pretty highly of yourself doncha...
    I was thinking its a relief that not all Dems think like radicals such as you.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Remember that time trumpybear suggested ingesting disinfectants?

Pepperidge Farms does.

DVauthrin, deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

As if anything trump says about COVID-19 isn't false...

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

There's a lot of rhetorical questions the poster asks because he's too lazy to find out and figures FB is the best way to prove it. Case in point, Obama increased unemployment and housing benefits even when it became deeply unpopular and expensive.

Good luck w/ McConnell doing that right now to save his "red state" ass in November.

They cry about "Obama phones" then innocently wonder "what has Obama done for...xylgbz". Sure ask your dumb questions and waste other people's time while you innocently tune them out.

mdrowe00, deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  12. NewRoxFan

trump's secretary of hhs... "trump is lying..."

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

This is why Trump shows no empathy towards people's concerns about catching the virus in schools, voting, etc.....

He makes sure every person he is going to meet and come in contact with is screened and tested prior. He protects himself, and to hell with everyone complaining. You don't matter. We are doing a great job. The numbers are going way down.

Meanwhile, he is so damn worried about getting it he is still getting everyone he will come in contact with tested.
    What a self serving pathetic excuse of a man.

Ohio governor tests positive for coronavirus ahead of Trump visit
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ohio-governor-mike-dewine-tests-positive-for-coronavirus

Now get back to work and school. Stop crying about something you don't need to worry about. It's too expensive to require your employers and schools to test everyone every day like me. I'm the important one people. My life matters more than yours and your family's lives.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

@mick fry

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  15. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

What does DeWine getting Covid have to do with Trump?
    Good grief, you must be on the Kool-Aid intravenously.:confused:

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

NO MATHS!
    NO SCIENCE!
    NO BOOKS!
    HA! IT'S PRONOUNCED "YOH-SEH-MIGHT'", NOT "YOH-SEH-MEH-TEE", YOU ARROGANT LIB-TARD!

CometsWin, deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The article says the governor took the test as a protocol, because of the president's visit.
    The president tests everyone he meets, but he doesn't want to make sure your kids or you or I get the same privilege.

deb4rockets and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

He found out he had Covid-19 because he was tested hours before Trump was to meet with him, just like everyone else who is to be in contact with Trump. If you can't understand what that has to do with Trump then you are the one who must be on the Kool-Aid intravenously, as you put it.
    Yeah, good grief.

19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

He obviously made that snarky remark without even reading the article I posted.

20. NewRoxFan