1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump wants to take your guns first, go Trump?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Feb 28, 2018.

1. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump's about-face was all just a ruse to get idiots to panic and stockpile guns.

CometsWin likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

trump already caved to the NRA...

3. NewRoxFan

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Only took a few hours for his Russian linked handlers to tell him to back off what he claimed to believe lol.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

6. NewRoxFan

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

What a fearful cuck.

justtxyank likes this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This is exactly what draining the swamp means and not some allegory against a party of minorities led by a repugnant woman

9. NewRoxFan

And now its obvious that trump's meetings with the NRA scared him into backtracking on any age-limits placed on the purchase of assault rifles...

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I think this shows how bad politics are these days. When people think its a bad political move to go against the party to shore up their power in their position.
    This is the Trump I was hoping to see. Someone who would go against the grain of both parties.

This goes to show how much of a partisan hack most people are. Liberals are doubling down on rage and conservatives feeling betrayed.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Oh, of course this was going to happen but it illustrates a few things

The first, less surprising, most pedestrian one is Trump's laughably obvious tendency to agree with whoever talked to him last on an issue, especially if he thinks it will curry favor. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic and dangerous and by itself is grounds for his removal from office due to his utter ineptitude and unwillingness to carry out his duties.

The second, way more interesting and salient point, is that, when Trump, with his usual utter lack of preparation, and just winging it - pretty much indicates why GOP gun nut policy is an extremist **** heap of bad ideas that are literally killing our kids and destroying our society.

Using nothign other than common sense/the rudimentary logic he's capable of exercising, he decided, an that every single gun control reform that has been seriously discussed in the last decade is eminently reasonable and a good idea and deserves a fair hearing.

This is illustrative of how weak the ideas of the gun clowns actually are when discussed as real policy - people, even very stupid, diminished capacity, people, with limited intellectual abilities, who have a vested interest in being deluded and creating their own realities - are, in rare moments of clarity, able to see through all of their bullshit for what it is.

Regardless of whether or not Fox & Friends later convinces him to tweet otherwise, that is a hugely powerful example.

12. justtxyank

Wrong. He never said he supported raising the age limit. Deep state conspiracy.

13. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Have anyone ever seen a more unstable adult, I haven't. Unstable seven year old instead of seventy year old stable genius.

14. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

it does not matter what i "think". its a fact. im just pointing out how politically stupid it is to do what trump is doing. and again, its just further proof that he has no real ideology or political beliefs.

i disagree that it shows how much of a partisan hack most people are. what it does show is that trump has no idea what he is doing and that he is even more politically stupid and short-sighted than most of us thought.

and you were "hoping" to see trump call for gun confiscation without due process? really??? personally, im against confiscating peoples property without due process and if you heard obama calling for gun confiscation all the 2nd amendment-only voters would be going absolutely nuts right now. i suppose the fact that they are not is a sign of what partisan hacks they are. i dont really see "liberals doubling down on rage"...i do see anti-trump people being baffled and amused at his inconsistency and constant flip-flopping though.

if anyone should be "doubling down on rage" it should be all the 2nd-amendment people who support trump...perhaps they are too stupid to understand the ramifications of what he said. if only he was a (black) democrat, then they might find their rage.:(:(:(

15. justtxyank

I'm going to back up @SamFisher here.

We need to stop comparing him to a child, it's very rude. My daughter is 4 and is not unstable. She is curious about everything, wants to understand things, doesn't want to hurt people, has a good memory (annoyingly good) and doesn't like to lie.

The only things she has in common with Donald Trump are that she likes ice cream and that she doesn't understand economics.

Buck Turgidson, SamFisher and pirc1 like this.
  16. justtxyank

Too bad for you I guess. Trump met with the American heroes of the NRA and already backtracked.

17. NewRoxFan

and btw, that SHS latest lie..."NEW: Press Sec. Sanders says Pres. Trump "conceptually" supports raising age of purchase on assault rifles, "but he also knows there's not a lot of broad support for that."

MadMax likes this.
  18. justtxyank

Broad support means=support among elected officials who need NRA money.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Why does someone need to have firm ideology or belief? Very little in life is black and white, yet politics exposes this irrational behavior in people. What is the point of having a debate in discussion if nobody is going to listen and/or change their mind?

I am a very strong supporter of the 2A. I believe the government tyranny aspect is the most important factor, despite people mocking this point of view. I think target practicing and holding them because they are 'cool' or make a loud bang is the least supportive for the 2A.

I keep telling the gun nuts (I am going to separate them from the 2A supporters because they are not the one and the same) that they need to accept there is a legit gun issue and they need to come to a compromise and resolution. If they dont, then there will be gun confiscation and more and more states will make radical laws.

This whole rationale that gun owners do not need to be responsible is insane. Creating a flimsy system for background checks and faulting everyone else is not acceptable.

My whole point of view comes from knowing too many people who should not own a gun, not because they are criminals or mentally ill or incompetent, but because they do not understand the proper use and storage of a gun. How many people have bought a gun for 'self defense' and never practice with it? That is irresponsible.