1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Trumpin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by da_juice, Feb 7, 2020.

1. da_juice

da_juice Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clim...rilling-logging-sensitive-federal-lands-utah/

At face value this should seem normal, a right leaning President wants to drill or log or frack or whatever on land for resources. Simple enough old as dirt (literally) argument. They have conversations like this in the ****ing hinterlands of Canada* for christsakes.

For those of you who aren't aware there's super large swathes of Canada with extensive amounts of resources, not a ton of people but a great concern for the environment and Inuits...eh feck it that's not why we're here.

What I find interesting is that this came about 12-24 hours or so after Romney was the sole GOP Senator to not acquit Trump.

We argue until we're blue in the fact

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Drill baby drill.
    Rape the earth until it breaks, then complain the guvmint is useless

FrontRunner, RayRay10 and da_juice like this.
  3. da_juice

da_juice Member

*face (used to writing essays where the enter key is not a post button)

anyway, we can argue until we're blue in the face about small govt v big govt regulation v deregulation but this seems to me like its an act of retaliation...

Just throwing it out there...it may seem nuts but hey...we entertained the idea Barack Obama wasn't a US citizen on this board for 3-4 years and that was fine.

On an unrelated note, the administration and President who ran on small govt is positing an executive order restricting architecture:
    https://www.theguardian.com/artandd...ut-dictating-to-architects-has-a-dark-history

I guess what I'm saying is this; you're either:
    a) pro small govt
    b) pro big govt but on your terms (which most of this country is)
    c) intellectually dishonest
    or
    d) going to piss and moan and post gifs and election numbers from 2016 about crying libs

I'm going to assume a fair amount of people are a combo of b,c,d besides @jo mama man who would have ever thought we'd agree with each other? 2012 me didn't think so. But 2012 me v 2020 is about three unpublished books worth of content

Peace, Love, and plenty of jokes about "triggered Dems" and distasteful jokes about my suicide attempt to all,

See you all after the election

RayRay10 and Invisible Fan like this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

He's already rolled back the Clean Water Act, habitat protections for endangered species, opened up former National Monuments to industry, fenced off wildlife areas along the Rio Grande, among other things, unless I'm mistaken. It's a regulatory free-for-all until the next person comes into office and sets things right.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Godwin's law alert!

I was talking with some other architects last night about Trump's architecture order. Hitler did the same thing and banned Modern architecture (which he called degenerate and Jewish). He instead ordered new Reich buildings to be Neo-Classical and Neo Baroque in style including the new Reichstag.
    [​IMG]

6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

why did you tag me in your post? im not sure if i should feel flattered or insulted??? what did we disagree on in 2012? i dont really pay attention to poster names and i dont remember any specific back and forth with you so im really confused right now!

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Seems unlikely to be revenge. First of all, Romney made a statement supporting the move. Which isn't surprising with him being a Republican after all. Second, this issue has been ongoing for the last two years. It might be that agencies delayed implementations for the impeachment trial to avoid possible reversal and confusion if there was somehow a conviction. Or it might be coincidence.