1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Supporters (or anyone): Is Character Important?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Jayzers_100, Dec 15, 2019.

1. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I expect the presidents to uphold the foundation of this country, that is keep up the traditions that have served this country well for almost over two centuries. He is he leader of the nation not the ruler of this country. He is not above the law. This president have absolutely done everything he can to damage the trust we as a nation have placed in the office of presidency.

For all the cry about how Obama was threat to this nation when he was in office, not a peep from all the you know who you are.

Jayzers_100, da_juice and RayRay10 like this.
  2. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

And yet the same applies to the list of cronies on the Dem side, which you support completely...so, I guess you have no integrity either. Meaning we really shouldn't care much about what you say.

And it's rich hearing those on the left even bringing up 'ruie of law', when they've been undermining that for years now. That you don't see it just indicates how little 'integrity' you really have, and how easily manipulated by your party.

cml750 likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, it doesn't - this is whataboutism 101 - petty theft is not equal to murder, sure they are both crimes but it is disengenous of you to say they are equal they are not.

One side deflects, lies and cheats, the other side has Al Franken's resigning over a comedic photo....

They are not close to equal, the Democrats have integrity, the GOP lacks it...and has been bought by big biz and Russia.

The Democrats are the rule of law party - the Republicans are the Mob run party.....you can't call yourselfs the RULE OF LAW party and support a crook like Trump.

Charity Fraud - is a crime.

DD

da_juice and pirc1 like this.
  4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm a character voter.

Are you saying Trump is being impeached for lack of decorum?

Interesting because my perspective is very different as a juror. As a juror, the judge instructs you on how to define guilt: "if you find that X then you must render a verdict of Y." And when you ask a question from the jury room, they tell you to go eff yourself. The jury can talk about what they want and find as they want, but the process is pretty controlled and regimented. The judge decides what evidence you see and what you don't and what arguments are permissible to be heard, and what are the standards for proof. The people are the same, but voting is the wild west compared to jury trials. Voters decide what they want to see and hear, what is a good or bad argument, and what's important. You're right the responsibility is similar, but our court system has a bunch of controls to babysit the decision-makers through the process while elections depend entirely on the wisdom of crowds.

RayRay10 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Nope. Read the chain of comments you are responding to next time.

6. dmoneybangbang

Lol... Because your media didn’t do the same with Obama.

Your boy Newt Gringrich started this obstructionism and no holds bar politics that have defined the very late 20th century and into the present. Tell him thanks!

He showed Trump and his team had contacts and information sharing with Russian backed associates.

Lots of globalist ties...

Then let’s have a transparent investigation that doesn’t involve Trump’s personal lawyer.

Michael Cohen 2.0....only the best!

Collusion wasn’t established but that doesn’t mean that the Trump campaign didn’t share campaign information with Russian linked associates. Mueller established the above but it didn’t it didn’t rise to the level of “collision”.

Have you seen what your side called Hillary and Obama? Dish it but can’t take it, huh?

da_juice, RayRay10 and mdrowe00 like this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

Impeach Trump.

Boosting the economy with a bunch of public spending and cheap money is fleeting.

da_juice, RayRay10 and DaDakota like this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

The GOP tried to get Clinton on financial misdeeds and when they couldn’t, they went for the extramarital affair....

Well when you are obstructing, submitting written answers, and refusing to testify.... kinda looks guilty...

Hiring campaign managers with ties to Eastern European strongman and Russia... kinda looks guilty...

Roger Stone guilty of lying to Congress....

RayRay10 and mdrowe00 like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

More fitting is the accusation of covering up the misdeeds with the murder or hitjob of Vince Foster.

They threw the book at Willy and Ken Starr had nothing to the point of resorting to trapping the chronic liar with perjury against a face losing question.

People will probably still talk about Trump's bff in the future as much as other people still accusing Clinton as a murderer.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Hmmm , I don't know about that.

Dude owns some 30% of the company …. He also founded it. Would be quite difficult to remove him and "For the good of the country" has no bearing on Facebooks decisions.

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

He must have resurfaced to complain about the deficit?

Xenon, fchowd0311 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Spy Who Came in From the Old. He went to ground as part of his covert mission to live among the poor and minorities and recruit them to the bootstrap side.

13. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I think some do like it, but not all...

While in Nashville I was over hearing some individuals talk about Trump while I was sitting in the bar. I was actually very surprised on what I heard.

These individuals stated they would have never voted for Trump and thought he would be a good change to the political bull crap.
    They love the economy right now, but the hate the divide in the country... (Ok I was really shocked on this one... Seeing that they were white and from Nashville... Goes to show don't judge a book by it's cover).

They also wish that Trump would stop using twitter... (I was crying with tears in my eyes on that one).
    They also stated that the problems that Trump is having are self inflicted (Was surprise on that remark also)...
    The biggest surprise was when they stated they didn't know what they were going to do for the 2020 election.... They were not going to vote Dem, but at the same time they were on the fence with Trump and wish there was another candidate.....

I have to admit this was very interesting for me and answered some questions I had.

T_Man

14. dmoneybangbang

Lol. Ah yes, the Clinton Mob hot rumors.

15. ktex

ktex Member

The white supremacy bs is so ****ing ridiculous. The man is no closer to being a white supremacist than you are.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Which Man? Trump or Miller?

One has had to pay money for discriminatory practices in his businesses, pined for more immigrants from the Scandanavian countries while calling the African countries Sh$$ holes, Claimed that a Federal Judge wasn't qualified to do his job based on the fact that he had Mexican ancestry. He claimed that those marching along side with neo-Nazis and white nationalists were very fine people.

The other has called for restricting not only illegal immigration but also legal immigration. He pushed a policy of locking up children found guilty of no crime and separating them from their parents knowing they wouldn't be able to be reunited with their parents. Has suggested reading the racist book "Camp of Saints".

So both of those guys seem close to white supremacists than most people that post on these boards.

da_juice and DaDakota like this.
  17. DaDakota

Trump is a racist, there is ZERO doubt on that if people are willing to reasonably research it.

DD

18. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

His actions make him damn near close...

T_Man

19. DaDakota

It is not close, Trump is a racist, period.

DD

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I guess Trump can be held to Paleo conservative views, which aren't as extreme white supremacists as that angry mustache guy.

They're more of the white man's burden blend, who think The Blacks are ingrates for being unappreciative of living in America while at the same time believe they are more than better off with a one way ticket elsewhere (jail, Africa, LEO's choice...).

That doesn't have the same stink of gas ovens, but it sure smells like a white supremacist to me.