1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Supporters (or anyone): Is Character Important?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Jayzers_100, Dec 15, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't think we have a opposing swing that will swing back and vote for someone based on "owning the conservatives". Usually the far left part of the country votes out of a desire for what many see as unpragmatic policy desires and naive idealism. They don't vote out of wanting to trigger people.

JuanValdez likes this.
  2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I think media divides the country more than anyone and they do so at the behest of the Dems. Events like Ferguson are proof of that. The media are total shitbags and they aren't called that because they disagree with Trump. BTW, that name wouldn't have so much traction if their wasn't convincing evidence of its truth.

me and Mueller's team.

Of course not. For all your blustering, the only real crime they found was tax evasion.

BTW, from this response it sounds like you would feel strongly that Biden should be under investigation. The evidence against him is not only real but far more damning.

Every investigation has shown it to be fake. You realize not a single American was charged with working with Russia? not one.

cml750 likes this.
  3. tallanvor

whats the example? I also have no idea what this jury comment has to do with anything.

4. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Juries have a serious decision to make, just like voters. If they make decisions based on arbitrary things like Defendant’s race or hair color, no one would know but they also wouldn’t be doing their job.

If voters vote for trump Solely because he talks smack to democrats, they’re within their right to do so but it’s an injustice to society.

5. tallanvor

I didn't say they do. I said they voted for him knowing he would behave this way. Meaning his mandate from the voters was that its fine.

cml750 likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't know if you are purposefully being this ignorant of how our justice system works or are genuinely this uninformed. Our justice system requires the threshold of "Beyond a reasonable doubt" to convict because we as a society decided that if we are to strip the basic freedoms of a human through imprisonment, it must be "beyond a reasonable doubt" which means 0% doubt. That would mean .1% doubt is below the threshold to convict. Mueller did find many troubling ties with Russia. Did he find enough evidence to be 100% certain that Donald Trump himself cooperated with the Russian government to hack the DNC emails? No. Therefore he felt that the evidence he had was not enough were he would feel comfortable prosecuting with because he knows it won't cross the threshold of "beyond a reasonable doubt". Keep in mind that that threshold is in place because we are threatening to strip basic human rights to freedom away. That isn't the case with removing someone from office. The presidency is a privilege, not a right. You do not have the right to be president like you have the right to not be imprisoned. Also, Mueller did explicitly state that Trump had potentially obstructed justice on 10 different occasions. Obstruction of Justice is an obvious impeachable offense, something Nixon was charged with.

And no, I cannot believe your word that you wouldn't be asking for an investigation into Obama by the FBI if he had all those Iranian ties I mentioned. For **** sakes, the GOP was labeling Valerie Jarrett as a potential Iranian asset because she was born in Iran to American doctors working overseas even though she moved back west when she was ****ing five years old.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Hahaha...yall fell for his schtick yet again.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

eta: and don't forget that @thumbs is back around for the day, yall shouldn't miss that opportunity as well

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol literally nothing? Classic...

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I will explain. A pocketbook, and the ability to put bread on the table, trumps giving a damn about left twitter's feelings or other countries than my own who don't give a damn about our well being.

I like how your post both acknowledges how Trump is better for our wallet, but also denies he has anything to do with the economy.

11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

So you think if Mike Pence was president our economy would turn to s**t?

12. cml750

cml750 Member

I am not a huge fan of Trump's twitter practices or some of the things he says but he has been a dang good President so far. He is easily the best President of this young century. There was not a candidate with high character to vote for in 2016. I held my nose and voted for Trump more as a vote against Hillary hoping he would keep his campaign promises but doubting he would. I fully expected him to make a hard left turn once elected and forget everything he he promised in the campaign. To my surprise he has so far he has tried to keep his promises. He has appointed great judges, cut taxes for nearly everyone(except people paying very high SALT), cut regulations, and he has at least started a wall even though the left has fought him every step of the way, etc.... He has done everything despite a manufactured Russian scandal, the media being completely against him pushing lies, and now a bogus, purely politcal impeachment. Given all the crap he has put up with it is truly amazing what he has accomplished. I am still not a huge fan of Trump the human being but a huge fan of Trump the President. Recognizing a lot of what he is saying and tweeting is simply defending himself, I can put up with him doing it as long as he keeps being a good President .

ktex likes this.
  13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Short answer: no

Long answer: no, but I wish he would get off Twitter

B-Bob likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

And he is a criminal who defrauds charities.

How can anyone with integrity support him? It is fundamentally impossible if you have honor to support Trump.

Honest answer - they have no true integrity in the first place and will crawl on their belly and swallow whatever juice he is spewing.....

Any TRUMP supporter is full of crap, and has no real honor - they just want to watch the world feel as badly as they do.......sad.

Notice I didn't say conservative, it is ok to be conservative, but Trump is hardly a conservative.....I am FINE with a conservative in the white house, but at least have one with honor who respects this country.

DD

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The people who impeached Clinton?

BaselineFade likes this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you count destroying our gov't institutions across the board and making white supremacy mainstream all while sitting on his ass most of the day on vacation as "dang good" then ya, you probably would think he is a great president

18. cml750

cml750 Member

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Sounds like a load of bullshit to me, just like a lot of those judges getting confirmed...

"Let me briefly speak to two. President Trump's nominee to serve on the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals who was recently confirmed, Lawrence VanDyke, raised serious concerns about his work ethic and his temperament. He was rated not qualified by the A.B.A., based on concerns about his lack of knowledge of basic procedural rules and his commitment to being truthful. Six retired justices of the Montana supreme court questioned his fitness when he ran for the supreme court in Montana and expressed concerns about his partisanship and the possibility of corporate influence.
    He has opposed basic civil rights and civil liberties for the LGBTQ community and made a range of statements that I think would be disqualifying under any circumstance. Sarah Pitlyk, whom this Senate just confirmed this week to a lifetime seat on the United States District Court in the Eastern District of Missouri, has never tried a case, neither criminal nor civil, has never taken a deposition, has never examined a witness, has never argued a motion in federal or state court. The A.B.A. unanimously rated her as unqualified for a lifetime seat in the federal judiciary."

B-Bob likes this.
  20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I actually don’t have a problem with the decorum and breaking of norms part of who Trump poses to be. Having a fresh take on the presidency in a vacuum could be a good thing.

The main issue is that Trumps take on the presidency is nothing fresh... it’s an obvious attempt to create an autocratic attack on democracy. It’s not fresh. It’s not cute. He knows and everyone else knows what he’s doing. Rigging elections isn’t funny or fresh. Attacking the free press and establishing pure state media isn’t something new and exciting. Raping natural resources and poisoning our air and water for a few ticks in corporate profit isn’t a nice new look.

Trumps shtick is all about becoming a supreme leader. Its not about breaking norms or decorum. It’s that simple. He’s got the cult following to do it, and the worst part is he’s got this never ending aggression that only amplifies with the increased power the government gives him over time. He will outlast and exhaust everyone on the topic of Trump and power to feed his bottomless narcism. Time is the enemy to our democracy if Trump remains our president.

Everyone here knows it. The issue is the folks like Tellv, Bobby, Mick, etc. who know it too and crave an autocratic State because they think they’ll benefit in that type of society, and they are aggrieved in life towards the folks they think an autocratic government will not benefit. This isn’t that complicated.

Appreciate the question to Trumpers OP, but I think the framing is avoiding the real substance of why they actually support Trump and an obvious push towards autocracy, and the destruction of democracy.

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.