1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump publicly admits he fired White House official as retaliation for impeachment testimony

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Andre0087, Feb 8, 2020.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Get out of here with your fake outrage. You got your talking points ready from Fox I see.

You also are attempting to divert the point too. I’m not going to let you off the hook like that and divert. Yes of course even in full context it still is open to interpretation if the person receiving the message is a self described drunk who only recently came into close proximity to Trump and was obviously already tailing her or knew someone who was tailing her.

And my point wasn’t that it was an actual hit request from Trump. It was that Yovanavich is a threat to take the federal government to court and has a much stronger case than Vindamen.

I mean the case for wrongful termination or whatever doesn’t have to be attempted murder. Having her stalked alone though is pretty bad. But this was a 6 month long campaign to smear here with a mountain of evidence to that.

But with such skilled defenders like yourself backing Trump at every stop I’m sure you’ll be ready to keep Trump innocent in the eyes of the public though. Nobody is more devoted to defending Trump than you so he’s in good hands. You must walk tall with pride with how dedicated you are to the cause.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If there were so many issues with that employee why wasn't he removed sooner?

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Seriously, did anyone expect anything less from Trump?

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

SHOCKING!

Really he said he was going to give payback and this exactly what he did.

Andre0087 likes this.
  6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Still waiting for Nancy Pelosi to wake up in the morning with a horse head in her bed

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If there is a God, he needs to be calling Trump home, ASAP.

DD

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder what Mitt will wake up to

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Trump is terrible ... that we can agree on.

But when you interject hyperbolic statements like that in the conversation .... I find it hard to take it seriously.

This is just fear mongering .... Sounds like something we'd hear from a Trump supporter.

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

On the firing of Vindman('s) .... Yes , it is vindictive of course.

But what other outcome was there ? That working relationship had to be damaged beyond the point of repair.

The optics are ugly but neither individual trusts the other , seems an impossible situation for both men.

B@ffled likes this.
  11. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Let's imagine a hypothetical scenario:
    A genie appears before Trump and says: "I can eliminate all checks on your power as president from the judiciary, congress, or anyone else. I can eliminate limitations on the terms you serve. I can make you the functional King of the United States for the rest of your life. All you have to do is ask."

What does Trump say? "No, I cannot! Though I have, at times, been frustrated by the partisan machinations of my fellow public servants, I believe in the Constitution of the United States and the nonviolent transference of power as the bedrock of a democracy for the people, by the people. 'Twould be better to serve one term in deference to the Constitution of this great nation, than to serve an eternity only in service to myself. Begone!"

Let's be honest, guys.

Just because he's too lazy and stupid to actually make himself a functional dictator in the first four years, doesn't mean he doesn't want to be one. He has very publicly and repeatedly praised the power of dictators like Putin and Kim.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you favor a system where employees can't take a stand against someone doing something illegal, unethical, and wrong?

It's strange that not only are you happy that Trump got acquitted, but you also share in his vindictiveness for the Purple Heart recipient that had the courage to take a stand.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What working relationship?

“I don’t know him, never spoke to him, or met him (I don’t believe!)” - DJT

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Game-Set-Match

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Lol Susan Collins voters are so gullible but gosh darn wholesome and likable.

Have an oatmeal cookie for participating.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Trump saying Vindman was “insubordinate” is everything you need to know. Trump is unfit for his office and a danger to our country. Any Trump supporters touting his economic or immigration policies are immature. Any republican would fight for the same policies. Stop being a twat and realize that Trump isn’t worth a grain of sand

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If you think it’s silly hyperbolic conspiratorial nonsense than I don’t think you’ve been paying attention and you are being naive.

No being a dictator in 2020 isn’t what it was in 1920. Look at Russia or China as examples of what the worst case scenario looks like in the modern era. Venezuela of course is one example but I think Russia with a bigger economy is the most likely scenario if Trump is allowed to seize the power he craves, that the GOP is wiling to give him, and voters like yourself are willing to sleepwalk through.

Don’t get me wrong... I would love to be wrong and for you to be right, and I’m just being a hyperbolic libtard... but nothing I’ve seen the past two years since Trump figured out how to start power grabbing had made me think otherwise.

The only thing standing in his way of getting the kind of power Putin has is elections, and tell me this... what the hell have you seen that I haven’t that makes you feel so damn confident that Trump has any second thoughts about rigging the election?

18. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

The whole rhetoric about Trump making himself a dictator by refusing to leave office, ala Putin is just silly. I've seen a few MSNBC commentators float that idea and have read it here. I assumed it was facetious. But seriously? Keep in mind his base are gun enthusiasts. This would be the exact scenario that the 2nd amendment is intended for. I know I'd be outraged and be willing to take up arms to prevent anything like this. If that isn't worth fighting for, I don't know what is.

Corrosion likes this.
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

What does this even mean?

Some people, actually a majority of people, still believe in rule of law, representative democracy, and such. Even in the face of cowardice and corruption.

And we aren't going to shut up about it.

Deal with it. Or get the votes to kick us out.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member