1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump pardons Sheriff Joe Arpaio

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Aug 25, 2017.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with your take on the pardon. It seems to grant the executive branch a supposed knowledge/interpretation of the law that supercedes the judicial branch.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He said if people were in the street they were fair game to be run over. He's sick in the head. A testament to the depravity of Trumpanzees. There's no line they won't cross, nothing too sick to contemplate.

DudeWah, Hakeemtheking and el gnomo like this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yes he did. Does it surprise you with the pattern of thought with the Trump supporters? He contradicted himself also, first it was that she shouldn't have been on the street so she deserved it , and then it was the guy in the car was getting stuff thrown at him and then did it out of fear. Forget all this talk about posting online, I'd love for these guys to implement this same stuff when they're parenting their kids. Theres a good reason that lack of morality shouldn't feel right there.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Arpaio is one of Trump's heroes. Truly a tweet for every occasion.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That guy sure deserve to be pardoned. Just an awful human pardoning another awful human.

8. conquistador#11

Arpaio is a symbol of what trump stands for. Arpaio joked about having his own 'concentration camps'. He detained LEGAL residents and u.s citizens because they LOOKED like they didn't have "papers". This is coming from people that think all of us are rapists, same person that called out a judge for being mexican just because the judge dared to rule against him. And the judge wasn't even mexican.
    How are some missing the one consistent thing in this administration, it's beyond me.

And How can you speak of unity when you pardon an embarrassment like that jack ass. Latinos are the biggest minority on pace to be the majority, I know it hurts those guys but they're still AMERICANS, so don't talk about unity and do the complete opposite. Usually Pardons are for end of terms not when you have more golfing days than actual days in office. =)

9. Roscoe Arbuckle

Ugh. I'd love to answer this with respect to both of us, but I've got a nonsense thing in the Hangout. Hangout always > D&D. Love you guys!

10. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

No mistakes about it. Trump is flailing.

He has zero accomplishments and needs something to happen, so he pardoned a guy that the sad, racist base of his loves.

I don't know what the end game is. Recently he has had to throw bones to his core support because that is shrinking, but all that he is doing is alienating the americans that matter.

el gnomo and B-Bob like this.
  11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

One can argue that certain prior pardon beneficiaries have been undeserving. Certainly all of them have been convicted through regular legal proceedings as far as I remember. What makes Arpaio different, I think, is that he is a law enforcement official whose crime is flouting an order of a court of law. To pardon him so soon after a conviction is making a point that there is no price to be paid, as long as Trump is the President, for law enforcement officials to flagrantly violate court orders as long as they target people that Trump and his base do not like. This is problematic.

He can't get much through Congress and is feuding with Congressional leaders from both parties. He can't do much internationally since he can't convince other countries, friend or foe, to do his bidding. So, he's doing stuff he can unilaterally do: tweeting, ranting, cutting back regulations protecting workers and the environment, and pardoning Arpaio.

AroundTheWorld and el gnomo like this.
  12. MystikArkitect

So is a racist someone who only says specifically racist stuff on the record for all the world to see?

Do you believe President Small Hands is a racist? What about Sheriff Arpaio?

el gnomo likes this.
  13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Lame Duck Donald dry running his pardon power as Mueller closes in on his friends and family.

Rashmon and el gnomo like this.
  14. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

A controversial man is given a controversial pardon.

Trump is all about controversy.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

A
    A Bigot scratching another Bigot's back.

el gnomo likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A racist is someone who has political beliefs that are to the right of Obama on the political spectrum, I'm pretty sure that's the definition we are going with these days. No actual racism has to exist.

As to the actual pardon, it's really not a big deal, the guy lost his job and is old as hell. If he had committed a serious crime, like Bradley Manning or Oscar Lopez-Rivera then I could see being upset about the pardon but this pardon is similar to the Hillary Clinton situation (despite this crime being a MUCH lesser offense than Hillary committed) where they aren't going after her because she's out of office and won't ever be in a position that matters again.

Joe Arpaio technically broke the law by doing his job because a federal judge told him to stop doing his job and he disobeyed and continued to detain illegal immigrants....and now he's out of a job for it. Seems like a wash to me.

Of course that won't stop all of the faux outrage by our always overly emotional friends on the left.....but let's face it, who doesn't just tune out their nonsense anyway?

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not even close. But nice try.

19. MystikArkitect

Painting with a broad brush I see. The pardon is just another wink wink nudge to his Alt Right/Racist supporters.

He was told to stop profiling. He didn't. Got prosecuted. I don't understand why that's so difficult to comprehend.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Kinda my feeling. It's not like the folks who were going to be offended by the pardon can hate Trump any more. We're maxed out. So why not do it?