1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump: Media is the enemy of the American people

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Anticope, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Given the blatant sportsball gamesmanship exposed in the digital era, it seems people are equating blatant lying and utter shamelessness as politicians doing their jobs.

We ultimately get the media and politicians we choose.

mdrowe00 and B-Bob like this.
  2. TheresTheDagger

You realize they DID broadcast Feinstein's opening statement right? How interesting CNN didn't miss covering any of the Dem's statements but somehow managed to miss Graham's.

SMH that I have to spoon feed this to you.

3. Buck Turgidson

Belichick/Luhnow 2020

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Brady/Bregman with those two as the Karl Roves of their admin.

Instant charisma across all demos while they shrug and quip away the mean parts of their "decisions".

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Belichick is totally Dick Cheney, the ******* running it behind the scenes.

RayRay10 and Invisible Fan like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Curious why you didn't get spoonfed graham's embarrassing opening statement via fox news... didn't they carry it? If they missed it, I am sure oan carried it...

edwardc likes this.
  7. body slam

body slam Member

The media sells it and you live the role

8. NewRoxFan

Meanwhile, nunes and carlson discuss the most important issues... notice you can't see tuckers hands (and the expression on his face while turning...)

KingCheetah likes this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I did not know that because I don't watch CNN, and prefer to avoid cable news entirely (though it plays silently 24/7 on the TVs around the office here, so I can't really escape). I wouldn't want to bother hearing what the Democrats have to say about the report any more than I want to hear Graham. I don't really care because CNN is a crap news organization and the IG report is irrelevant to me, but thanks for taking the time to educate me on my apparent misunderstanding.

body slam, B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So i just listened to this in a office with me and the secretary, she is about 65-70 and when she heard she said very quietly I heard on the the news the the democrats were getting the money to run this impeachment by using social security money.

I said as politely as a could that no thats not true and she repeated twice I heard it on the news.

I then said in a joking manner that everything you think is the news is not the news and she actually agreed.

This is a newish job and we have been getting along great, was surprised she said it.

I wonder who is spreading this "news".

B-Bob, da_juice and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. TheresTheDagger

Yes. Those networks had the journalistic integrity to show the entirety of congressional hearings they cover instead of cherry picking specific portions that only support one narrative like your fav CNN.

cml750 likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

First, what makes you think I watch CNN, or any network news?

Second, if you don't like CNN, don't watch it. I don't like oan so I don't watch it.

Oh, and third... fox news and journalistic integrity?

[​IMG]

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

15. TheresTheDagger

16. TheresTheDagger

Because you lept to their defense here so readily. You did that not me.

I've never watched OAN. I stopped watching CNN in 2016.

Says the leftie dedicated to insure Clutchfans doesn't miss a tweet supporting Dems and leftists. Such integrity. o_O
    What is it with the left's obsession with Russia and using McCarthyism to slander others?

17. Invisible Fan

MSNBC is copying low budget low class Fox News and people only notice when their side is fouled.

For the people by the people, and something something **** you pay me.

18. NewRoxFan

epoch times? Seriously? What, infowars missed this story?

[​IMG]

19. NewRoxFan

1. and 2. I "lept" to their defense? I only ridiculed your post by questioning why you watch CNN since you obviously get riled up by what they report on, and suggested you stick with "news" sources like oan. Or fox.

4. McCarthyism? LOL. Wow... trump's closeness to putin must really stuck a raw nerve. Though there is an interesting parallel between trump's desire to have a "roy cohn" lawyer...

3. And btw, when I pitched, I threw right handed. Though I could hit left handed...

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The obsession with Russia has to do with protecting the United States. I understand that is a foreign(pun only half-intended) concept for Republicans and Trump defenders.

Seriously, you guys should side with the United States instead of Russia. You'd be surprised how freeing it is to not have to do mental gymnastics to defend those that spread Russian propaganda and minimalize espionage attacks against our democracy and elections.

Seriously, try siding with the US once. You don't have to agree with Democrats on business regulation, taxes, health care, etc. But both parties should be able to agree on protecting the United States. They should be able to agree on that even though the President doesn't.