1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump: Media is the enemy of the American people

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Anticope, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Marie Kondo is not impressed.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You really think this is a good time to start bring up ben shapiro?

Ben Shapiro loses second sponsor after March for Life speech
    https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...es-second-sponsor-after-march-for-life-speech

3. TheresTheDagger

4. NewRoxFan

Wow, fox news just woke up to what trump has been doing to media... now that he has targeted them.

5. NewRoxFan

I guess twitter suffices...

6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Media defenders like @NewRoxFan need to watch this video and they still feel the same way about protecting these liars like before then there's absolutely nothing I can provide that will change their minds

#1046 RocketsLegend, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  7. NewRoxFan

The other idiot son on fox news...

8. NewRoxFan

Shoot, now I wish I could have seen this...

9. NewRoxFan

Something big must be about to be hit since trump is up so early in melt down mode (and its not be cause its raining and wiped out his golf outing)...

10. NewRoxFan

"Very unfair and should be looked into"... trump always has a funny interpretation of things inside our Constitution...

11. NewRoxFan

Is trump simply a bot stream of fox news...

12. NewRoxFan

... and here comes an activist justice going after freedom of the press...

13. NewRoxFan

14. NewRoxFan

tucker carlson competing with hannity for the biggest tool on fox news content...

15. adoo

adoo Member

This is one of the best take down of a Putin Apologist / Trumpanzee

While discussing Russian President Vladimir Putin's veiled campaign against ISIS, which experts largely believe is focused on keeping the government of Russia's ally Syria in power, Tucker Carlson said

[​IMG]
    "I'm not vouching for Putin's character. He seems like a shady guy, a strongman for sure."
    "Hard to see why he's a threat to us," he continued. "Why not just accept that people
    who are bad people share our interest and side with them
    ?"​

news analyst and retired US Army Lt. Col. Ralph Peters interjected
    "You sound like Charles Lindbergh in 1938 saying, 'Hitler hasn't attacked us,'"​

"I beg your pardon," Carlson said. "Hey, slow down, colonel. You cannot compare me to someone who can make apologies for Hitler. And I don't think Putin is comparable to Hitler."

[​IMG]

"I think Putin is," Peters replied.
    "I think it's a grotesque overstatement, actually," Carlson said. "I think it's insane."
    "Fine, you can think it's insane all you want," Peters said.

"You just compared me to a Nazi apologist because I asked a simple question," Carlson said. "Which is: Why does it contravene American interests to make common cause with a group that's trying to kill ISIS?"

"Because he invaded his neighbors, broken the long peace in Europe," Peters said of Putin. "He assassinates dissidents and journalists. He bombs women and children on purpose in Syria. He is as bad as Hitler."

The US has imposed sanctions on Russia for its invasion of Crimea in 2014. Putin has been accused of ordering the killings of people who have criticized the Russian government, and Russia has been accused of targeting Syrian civilians in its bombing campaign in the country last year.

"And I'm sorry, if you don't like the Charles Lindbergh thing, I will retract that," Peters said. "But let's just say you sound like someone in 1938 saying, 'What's Hitler done to us?'

"Putin is the equivalent of Hitler," Peters continued.

"You made your career being an American conservative patriot, and now you're suddenly cheering for Vladimir Putin?" Peters said.

"I'm not in any sense cheering for Vladimir Putin," Carlson said. "I am cheering for America as always. Our interests ought to come first. And to the extent that making temporary alliances with other countries serve our interests, I am in favor of that. Making sweeping moral claims, grotesque ones, comparing people to Hitler, advances the ball not one inch."

"Vladimir Putin is comparable," Peters said. "He hates America. He wants to hurt us. And I'm sorry, all this suddenly 'Vladimir Putin is a good guy, Russia's OK' — not it's not. Russia is evil. Russia is our enemy."

"You're not talking about dealing with them," Peters said later. "You're talking about an alliance, an anti-terror alliance."

"A good deed is a good deed, no matter who commits it," Carlson said. "Why not just say that?"
    National-security experts have said that Russia's claim that it's fighting ISIS, especially in Syria, is disingenuous, and that its interference in the country's six-year civil war aims to ensure Syrian President Bashar Assad, an ally, remains in power.

The heated exchange between Carlson and Peters lasted over six minutes. Toward the end,

Carlson asked Peters, "And do you speak Arabic, by the way?"
    "No, I don't," Peters said. "How's your Russian?"​

RayRay10 and conquistador#11 like this.
  16. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

If everyone is Hitler, then being Hitler means nothing.

BruceAndre and dachuda86 like this.
  17. adoo

adoo Member

it means plenty to TurningPoint USA (TPUSA), the right wing activists group founded by Candace Owen, a Tucker Carlson colleague at Fox News

TPUSA chapters at the University of Nebraska Omaha, Bowling Green State University, and the University of Colorado at Boulder released the statement---calling or Owen to step down---and noted that the group’s leaders have ignored concerns they brought.

“It seems that controversy has always surrounded Candace Owens, We have seen many hard working activists and chapters across the United States dissociate with Turning Point USA simply because they can’t align themselves with the rhetoric and statements that have come out.”

They specifically brought up bizarre comments Owens made about Adolf Hitler in a 2018 speech that was revealed in February, as follows.

“Whenever we say nationalism, the first thing people think about, at least in America, is Hitler,”
    Owens said at a Turning Point meeting in Europe.
    “But if Hitler just wanted to make Germany great and have things run well, OK, fine.
    The problem is that he wanted, he had dreams outside of Germany. He wanted to globalize.
    He wanted everybody to be German, everybody to be speaking German.
    Everybody to look a different way. To me, that’s not nationalism.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/tr...-student-activists-think-shes-extreme-clumsy/

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Damn man, can't you put all your twitter stuff in one post?

BruceAndre and LonghornFan like this.
  19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Ah another case of... I don't like you. You're Hitler.

20. NewRoxFan