1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump cabinet selections and appointments

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 18, 2016.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Conservative Christian Republican -
    "so you're saying that Trump is bringing in a cabinet that consists of a White Nationalist (new fancy way of saying White Supremacist), A wall street insider, Lobbyists, A man who married his cousin & has business ties to countries that support terrorism, a disgraced US general who was banished for going extreme anti-Islam, and someone who has ruined public education in their state as secretary of education....."

"hhmmmmm..... but do they support Israel and are they pro-life?......"

SOLD!!!

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of the comments in this thread could really go in the salt mining thread. You guys are hilarious.

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I was wondering what was your logic on calling American school children an infestation of parasites.

#103 sirbaihu, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I would say I was wondering about your logic in repeatedly insisting that I said such a thing when you know very well that I didn't, but I already know. You are a liar and lying is what liars like you do.

So I am not wondering and nobody else should be either.

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You are a flat-out liar.

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Here is the whole quote, you lying ****-a$$:

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You don't like being a Nazi? Good boy!

Now, let's learn how to use the English language. When you use a pronoun like "these," normally it refers to something immediately preceding, such as your words:

"Every student should have more than one school option and ideally more than one GOOD school option. The local school districts have been infested with these self-serving parasites. . . ."

But your English sucks (are you American? jk) and your thoughts are confused, so in your mind "these" refers to an item in a list that you made 135 words earlier. Yes, I counted! Your "these" picks one item out of a list of three, crossing a whole quotation of Barack Obama to do so!

This is why your thoughts are not clear in your own mind and on the page.

A step up from your level would include all three of the list in "these."

"the teachers unions, congressional Democrats and of course many Democrat in state legislatures across the country.
    . . . . . . . . . . . [135 words] . . . . . . . . . . .
    "The local school districts have been infested with these self-serving parasites"

But no, your English is even worse than that. Am I trying to show I am good at English? No, I am showing that your thoughts are like a puddle on the floor, all over the place, mixed up. . . . And this is ONE of the reasons why you should not cavalierly go calling Americans parasites.

Americans are not parasites. You're just not very smart, and you're pretty much of an *******. Americans are not parasites. Say it. You can't say it!

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Donald Trump has selected Representative Tom Price (R-) to be the head of the Department of Health and Services. He was an orthopedic surgeon before he was elected to Congress and currently serves as the chair of the House Budget Committee. Price has been one of the leaders in Congress in efforts to overturn Obamacare and has authored an Obamacare replacement bill.

Also, Seema Verma will be in charge of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Verma is a healthcare consultant who had previously worked with Vice President-Elect Mike Pence on Medicaid reform in the state of Indiana. So this is a clear indicator of the level of influence that Pence is currently wielding in the Trump Administration personnel selection process.

9. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

They are going to repeal Obama care and then put in something similar without the mandatory requirement, that sounds like a winner, I am sure insurance companies will be all over that one.

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

What is needed is healthcare reform, not just health insurance mandates and government control. Health insurance costs have been spiraling out of control for nearly 20 years now and anything that does not substantially lower and restructure the underlying costs that drive that is doomed to fail.

Don't expect this to be just a tweaking of Obamacare around the edges.

11. pirc1

Good luck on that, I am looking forward to the day the doctors, hospitals and drug manufacturers, etc are getting paid less.

Deji McGever likes this.
  12. Dei

Dei Member

You just have to love the stretched conjecture/exaggerated strawman. They're that desperate to bad mouth him.

13. Anticope

Anticope Member

It's pretty funny how quickly MojoMan went from being a principled conservative who could never support Trump to a straight up Donald Trump shill.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

So Trump is nominating someone that is not only focused ending the Affordable Care Act, and risks the current protection the millions with pre-existing conditions have via ACA:

And just in case the idea is to use Medicare to cover the poor and those with pre-existing conditions, Price will also attack Medicare:

Price also has been vocal against same-sex marriage and anti discrimination laws:

Furthermore, Price is opposed to the federal government requiring insurers to cover contraception at no cost:

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. pirc1

I am really looking forward how to the new system will be done, after they repeal Obama care. It would be funny if they decide not to put up anything after that. However, if they decide to implement something, I would like to see what it looks like.

#115 pirc1, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Elaine Chou, the wife of Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell, will be the new Transportation Secretary under Donald Trump. She was the previously the Labor Secretary under George W. Bush and the Deputy Transportation Secretary under George H.W. Bush.

17. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

What they put up is at least as important as what they take down. If they fail to put up a replacement plan - one of which that proposed HHS secretary Price has written himself - then they deserve the political repercussions that they will suffer because of that.

However, there appear to be enough Republicans who understand this that a repeal is not likely to pass unless it has a replacement associated with it. This will be more difficult than some on the right have portrayed it as. But as unpopular and dysfunctional as Obamacare has become, and with reconciliation available (only requires 50 votes - no filibuster), the Republicans really have to get something done here, or they are going to be in big trouble.

18. pirc1

I agree, this should be really interesting to see next year.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

They all did my friend. I watched 99% of my facebook feeders all the sudden come out of the woods the day he won like they had been wearing those ugly red hats since Summer of 2015. When during the primaries he was vile to them, and the between the primaries & the election all they could talk about was how Hillary was the devil. That alone should have classified them as Trumpkins but they got to sit back and see what happens first before they wore the Ugly Red Cap & felt vindicated... Sort of cowardly if you ask me. Own your vote people.

My right wing mom the other day said that "what's important though is that he supports Israel, is pro-life, and fights the LIBERAL media". So I guess that's the only three items that constitutes support for the right wing nowadays, and just shows that they will align themselves with anything that gives them a platform to b**** and whine against liberals & the so-called liberal institution.

You can be terrible in every which way imaginable as a person and as a politician, but if you give us an institute to b**** against, Israel so we can keep reading Revelations & get excited, and shut down planned parenthood you are our guy. These folks have no institute to feel victimized against anymore so now they are Trump is giving them "The Liberal Media" as their b**** vehicle, and they are loving it.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm really looking forward to seeing what they settle on as a replacement. I'm expecting some little changes to requirements on private insurers, some tax incentives... and a whole lot of people again bereft of insurance. But, let's see. And really look forward to the post-mortem at the end of Trump's administration on how the Republican healthcare reform has driven down costs. If it's the failure I expect, I get a little schadenfreude. If it is a great success, I have to eat some humble pie but the country will be the better for it. Either way, I'll be happy. I just hope the Democrats don't see a miracle resurgence to come get in the way in 2 years, like Republicans did with Obamacare. I want the unadulterated Republican solution.