1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump cabinet selections and appointments

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 18, 2016.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

What does abortion have to do with this.

Ah, another straw man argument from you. I just finished responding to your other straw man argument about the EC in a different thread.

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

MOJOMAN, YOU CHARACTERIZED AMERICAN CHILDREN ATTENDING PUBLIC SCHOOLS AS AN INFESTATION OF PARASITES. AMERICAN SCHOOL CHILDREN ARE NOT PARASITES. BE A MAN AND ADMIT YOUR "UNFORTUNATE" USE OF NAZI-TYPE LANGUAGE, OR OWN UP TO WHO YOU REALLY ARE. NO FREE PASS ON THE NAZI TALK.

3. body slam

body slam Member

I think he was referirng to the use of the word parasites.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

So do I. What's your point?

5. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Nothing, I am simply testing whether it is describing someone as a parasite that you take offense to (and immediately call the person making such a comparison a Nazi) or rather someone you disagree with politically describing someone as a parasite.
    I don't think you know what straw man means. A straw man argument is where I mischaracterize what you have said, and then argue against that mischaracterization. What argument of yours have I misrepresented in asking you a question?

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

OK, I must explain to you: I was not talking about abortion. :eek:

Further explanation: I was saying MojoMan is trying to use Nazi-type language without owning up to it.

Explanation part 3: When I am saying MojoMan used Nazi language, and you say "Someone else talked about abortion," your statement is totally irrelevant, but you pretend that it is by making a specious link through the word "parasite." That is a straw man argument. You try to divert the argument from the "real man"--Mojo--to the "straw man"--someone talking about abortion.

If you want to follow along the actual argument, you can say that MojoMan did or did not use Nazi-type language, and/or you can say that using Nazi-type language is/isn't significant. Abortion's not part of the argument. Other people besides MojoMan are not part of the argument.

If you want to start a new argument about abortion and "parasite," make a thread!

7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I am not part of it either.

Rant on however you please, but you are on your own.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nazis used the word "people" too, so it's time to own up for using "Nazi type language"

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You can't be this stupid.
    This is not a joking matter.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Personally I think it's hilarious because I'm not willing to believe that you are being serious. If you are.....well that's a bit sad and it becomes unintentionally hilarious.

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

THAT DOESN'T CUT IT. MOJOMAN DESCRIBED AMERICAN CHILDREN ATTENDING PUBLIC SCHOOL AS AN INFESTATION OF PARASITES. IT'S NOT GOING AWAY MOJOMAN. AMERICAN SCHOOL CHILDREN ARE NOT PARASITES. SAY IT! DOES IT HURT YOU TO SAY IT, MOJOMAN? ADMIT AMERICAN SCHOOL CHILDREN ARE NOT AN INFESTATION OF PARASITES. YOU CAN DO IT.

12. body slam

body slam Member

So you if you knew that was his point. Why did you make out like he was trying to change the subject?

13. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I was not under the impression that you were. Your attempts at condescension are laughable.
    Yes, I noticed in particular that you took issue with MojoMan referring to someone as a parasite.
    Nope, this is where you are running into a problem. You don't like MojoMan's political leanings, so you see him call someone a parasite and you get up in arms about it and say it is Nazi language. I am simply pointing out that the language he used is not the issue, by asking if you go into the same histrionics when pro-choice people justify abortion by calling the unborn child a parasite. It was a thinly veiled rhetorical device used to show that you are a hypocrite. You don't care that someone is called a parasite, you care that a Republican is calling someone a parasite while espousing ideas you disagree with.
    I think I am free to participate in whatever fashion I choose, unless a moderator tells me otherwise. I am sorry you don't like being called out on your hypocrisy and reliance on very weak attempts to associate your opponents with Nazis, but that is more your problem than mine.
    I am quite comfortable making a fool of you here.

14. TheresTheDagger

Are you for real man? Someone give this guy a hug...

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

People of color need to appease this awful regime by bending over and spreading their butt cheeks apart. It's the only way.

16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

So Kellyanne Conway made the rounds on the Sunday shows, talking about what an awful choice that Mitt Romney would be for Secretary of State and how his supporters would feel betrayed by this pick.

This is all coordinated and blessed by Donald Trump. She is his lead spokesperson. There has already been a lot of talk of Trump going back on his promises to his campaign supporters. While some of that is legitimate, much of it is just "Fake News" made up by the left-leaning traditional press.

It does not serve Trump's purposes to publicly address all of the leftist media's recent falsehoods at this time, but he can throw Romney under the bus as a show of loyalty to his supporters without compromising his transitional strategy. Romney sure had no reluctance doing the same to Donald Trump during the campaign. In comparison with Romney's treatment of Trump, Trump is being gentle here.

Also, this approach gives Romney the opportunity to withdraw his name from consideration before the decision is made, which is actually a pretty mature and considerate move.

17. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

And now anonymous Trump campaign "sources" are quoted saying that he is furious with Conway's statement, blah, blah, blah:

Of course I could be wrong about this being a thinly-veiled head-fake. But if I am right, Mitt Romney will withdraw his name for consideration for the SOS job early this week and Kellyanne Conway will continue in her current role, until her formal position in the Trump administration is announced.

18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Monica Crowley of Fox News is being floated as a possible press secretary pick.

Other top contenders include Kellyanne Conway and Laura Ingraham, who have both also been regulars on Fox News.

Personally, I think Monica Crowley would be great. Both Conway - Trump's campaign manager, and Ingraham, are well overqualified for this job. Trump would do well to sign both of these women up for positions in his administration, and Conway almost certainly will be on his team. But this is not a big enough job for either one of them.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Going by my feelz just like you do, I look at facebook posts and just general rhetoric by middle aged white men, there is a general disdain and outright vicious hatred for 18 year old college students. It's pretty ****ing disgusting and petty.

MojoMan encapsulates that petty hatred. He is living on pure 'member berries' believing that that kids 'back in the day' were never like what ever his perceived allegations of modern children are today yet he doesn't have the capability to take some meta steps back and realize that his 'observations' have more to do with how modern 'news media' is consumed in a 24/7 twitter feed were every nook and cranny anecdote is heard across the world.

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He's a Holocaust Denier so he doesn't care. But in reality White Nationalists know the truth about their diabolical sociopathic thinking and that's what makes them scary. In my opinion much worse than Isis....