1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump cabinet selections and appointments

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Nikki Haley is pretty damn close to crazy.

I didn't expect to fill all his cabinet positions with sane people, but at this point he is just taking all the fringe nuts in the Republican Party and giving them positions of power. I am half expecting Reinhard Heydrich to be named Secretary of Homeland Security.

2. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

What makes her "pretty damn close to crazy"? That she is a minority woman who supports Trump?

#62 Cohete Rojo, Nov 23, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

If you're gonna cry wolf and call everyone a crazy racist/sexist, people will rightfully tune you out.

Nikki Haley is crazy? Good luck selling that.

Gotta pick one or two to take out and hone in on them.

Sessions is who I would pick, because he is in a powerful position and will be effective. But he's gonna sail through thanks to Harry Reid.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump's appointments show two things. First is that he is truly the chaos candidate in terms that his appointments are unpredictable. The second is that there may be a lot of turmoil and conflicts in his Administration. I am going to guess that Reibus and Bannon are going to be butting heads. I think Haley is a good choice for UN Secretary but like Colin Powell I have the feeling she's going to be put into some very difficult situations where she is at odds with the President and national security team.

I think if Romney is secretary of state he will face the same thing.

The problem that I'm seeing with what's shaping up with the Trump Administration is that it could be similar to a typical Republican Admin. or it could be something much more unpredictable. One of Trump's main appeals would be that he would be unpredictable but that isn't always a good thing. The Texans are unpredictable and I'm sure a lot of us wish they weren't.

#64 rocketsjudoka, Nov 24, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just to note she didn't support Trump during the campaign and made some pretty strong statements against him. I look at her accepting this position as more of her advancing her own career and also her concern for the country.

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

So, uh, no one's afraid Haley's irreparably biased due to being "Indian"? Oh, I forgot: everything Trump said in the campaign was bullshit.

7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

What did Trump say that was even arguably derogatory about people from India? I definitely missed that.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Damn, I'm sorry. She's not "Mexican." My bad.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And Dumbass Trump voters thought he is for the working class! He Cabinet picks could be worth atleast $35 Billion dollars. He basically picked a bunch of white, elite assholes...with the Token Ben Carson as HUD Secretary. Ya........America is about to be butt ****ed, as is the planet.

#69 Mr.Scarface, Nov 24, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

But you did not miss making a bigoted dishonest slur against Donald Trump, did you?

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yes, I think I did, coz I don't know what that was! Help?

12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Wilbur Ross to become the next Secretary of Commerce.

Secretary of Commerce is a really important position for Trump for a number of reasons. A lot of people do not know what this person is responsible for, so let's have a look at that, shall we?

The Secretary of Commerce is responsible for:

• Imports and exports, promoting US trade around the world and also analysis regarding trade agreements. Actual trade agreements are negotiated by the US Trade Representative.
    • Conducting the next national census in 2020, which will be the last year of Trump's initial four year term of office. Of course this will be the basis for the reapportioning of political districts throughout the US, including for the House of Representatives and the Electoral College.
    • Our national business statistics, which appear to have been seriously corrupted over the last eight years. Serious reform and a vigorous house cleaning will be in order in this department.
    • The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, which includes the national weather service, fisheries, climate research, etc. This is another departments which has been severely corrupted under the Obama regime, and which will need to be thoroughly reviewed and reformed.
    • The Patents and Trademark Office.
    • The National Institutes of Standards and Technology. If we ever move to the metric system, these guys will likely be at the center of that effort. One of the early presidential candidates made this a central platform of his campaign. I do not understand why we have not made the decision to do this already.

This organization's main purpose is to create jobs, promote economic growth, encourage sustainable development and improve standards of living for all Americans. This was at the center of everything Trump promised. If he is to follow through, this agency will be a factor. This is an important appointment.

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You contradict yourself, because you are just making stuff up. So uh, the rise of good ol' charter schools over the past 10 years was overseen by Democrat mayors and city councils? And you like the charter schools that popped up during Obama's tenure. So now a Republican will "reform" what has happened during the past ten years, except that you like what has happened with charter schools over the last ten years. . . .

You want to "light a white-hot fire right underneath their rear ends." Yeah, that's the idea of government as punisher I was talking about. Here, read what an expert has to say about charter schools. It directly refutes your "white-hot fire" theory of education.

:eek: OMG were you duped by "a gullible media"?

Diane Ravitch is "a historian of education and Research Professor of Education at New York University." I know: to you that makes her stupid. And she's probably Jewish. Sorry. At least she was born in Houston.

I do have an M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction from Arizona State myself.

14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

It is you that is making stuff up, which is par for the course from leftists here in this forum. The charter school movement has been championed at the presidential level and state level, but have met resistance from the teachers unions, congressional Democrats and of course many Democrat in state legislatures across the country.

But if you are as knowledgeable as you hold yourself out to be, then you know all of this.

In fact, Bill Clinton supported charter schools. George W. Bush supported charter schools. And - wait for it - Barack H. Obama also has on many occasions supported charter schools. Here is a quote from Barack:

“We need to equip all our students with the education and skills that put them on the path to good jobs and a bright future–no matter where they live or what school they attend. Charter schools play an important role in meeting that obligation.”
    - President Barack Obama

What is needed is school choice. Every student should have more than one school option and ideally more than one GOOD school option. The local school districts have been infested with these self-serving parasites and one of the most obvious and best ways to fix this is to give students alternative school choices.

Do you think you know more than Barack Obama? I would presume not. Either respect this appeal to authority to a President of the United States that you supported, or never use that tactic here on this website again.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

WTF? This is literally Nazi-type language. The Nazis dehumanized the Jews this way, preparatory to exterminating them. You need to look at yourself.

I don't care who started charter schools. That's your game. Charter schools do not work. Take it from a Professor of Education at NYU. Now do some research to show they do work and show it to us, smarty pants. And don't be a Nazi.

16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Another manefestation of Godwins law. How pathetic.

They do work. Take if from your mini-messiah, current President of the United States Barack H. Obama.

Hillary Clinton supported them too, by the way.

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

YOU DON'T GET A FREE PASS ON YOUR NAZI LANGUAGE. FACE UP TO IT OR BE A NAZI.

18. dmoneybangbang

I thought Wall St/big money was bad? A former Rothchilds investment banker!!11!1

Encourage sustainable development? But climate change is a Chinese hoax!!!11!

Trump is already a bigger liar than the narcisst Obama!

19. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I have frequently seen the pro-choice crowd refer to unborn children as parasites in an effort to justify abortion. Are all pro-choice people Nazi's or is your outrage more selective than that?

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So the Russian news is reporting that Trump has spoken to Putin more often than he has intelligence briefings with his own country!