1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Trump cabinet selections and appointments

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 18, 2016.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I actually am even more sympathetic to Spicer. He lies and is belligerent because that's what Trump wants from him. Most of his lies are him trying to back up the lies that Trump has made or tweeted. Trump wants a never back down or admit wrongdoing stance from his people and Spicer is trying to do it. But unlike Trump, Spicer actually has to answer for all of the lies. It's a thankless job and impossible position in which to be while holding on to one's dignity.

That being said, Spicer should actually stand up to his boss, and let him know that he isn't going to tell pointless lies for him all the time, and then quit if Trump has a problem with it, which of course he would.

2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Trump's press secretary is the most thankless job, I do not know why anyone with any self respect would want that job.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

In case we're on mutual ignore, can someone make sure that rocketslegend (pending immigration status) and bobbythegrape (pending sociopathic status) has a chance to apply?

You Can Now Apply to Intern in President Trump's White House
    Madeline Farber
    3:26 PM ET

If you've ever wondered what it's like to work in the White House, you may be able to find out.

In a statement, The White House announced on Friday that it is now accepting applications for its Fall 2017 Internship Program. The internship lasts from September 6 to December 8.

Applications are open until 11:59 p.m. ET on June 16. Any applications received after that time won't be considered, according to the White House. To apply, applicants must be a U.S. citizen and 18 years old by the start of the internship (Sept. 6). In addition, those applying have to commit to the full internship term to be eligible.

But that's not all: According to the White House, interns must be either a current student, recent graduate, or veteran of the United States Armed Forces.

"The White House Internship Program is highly competitive. Applicants are selected based on their demonstrated commitment to public service, leadership in the community, and commitment to the Trump Administration," the statement reads.

The internship is unpaid, and housing is not provided. Interns must be able to work for a minimum of 16 hours per week.

Those who have questions about the program can email intern_application@who.eop.gov. For more information, click here.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

6. NewRoxFan

Course, Flynn is only taking Trump's advice:

Even though Trump once tweeted:

[​IMG]

And once tweeted:

Deckard likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

And thanks to Trump's new budget, more and more Americans will enter that new state of mind...

HUD secretary Ben Carson: Poverty is largely 'a state of mind'
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/24/politics/ben-carson-poverty-state-of-mind/index.html

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

People are saying that after Ben Carson tried to stab a dude in the belt buckle but his knife broke, he gained admission to medical school by performing improvisational brain surgery . . . on his own brain! Dude is still badass.

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Flynn is going to prison. Unbelievable that a General would resort to what amounts to prostitution to an adversary (Russia).

The wife and I were talking about it, and we agreed that military people need to be better compensated when they retire.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

If you reach the level of success that Flynn did, finding gainful private sector work isn't difficult. I have a few friends who's fathers were generals. They did pretty damn well in "retirement".

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

For sure. Some of them become immensely wealthy by getting into defense contracting or security business, but others appear to struggle a bit finding opportunities.

Wesley Clark, after his retirement in 2000, said one of his objectives was to make $40M. Well, he has done fairly well, but is currently way short of that number with a net work of about $3M.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

In Carson's little thought experiment, you could take my job and all my stuff, but you can't take away the education I've already gotten, the work experience I already have, the people I know, the white maleness I walk around in, the healthy and able body I currently have. So, yeah, I'd probably recover. It's a credit to my mindset, apparently.

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I thought after 20 years in, military peps could retire at 2/3 of their salary, which should beat what SS pays with a stick.

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

Apparently, one of Trump's leading candidates for FBI Director is Mr. Catpenis. Much respect.

17. NewRoxFan

Why does it seem that Trump ignores the advise of the smarter people in the room?

Trump’s NATO speech wasn’t the one he was supposed to deliver
    http://www.salon.com/2017/06/05/trumps-nato-speech-wasnt-the-one-he-was-supposed-to-deliver/

18. NewRoxFan

And why is Trump crying and blaming Democrats for his own incompetence and/or laziness? he needs to quit tweeting on social media, and stay off the golf course and get to work for the American people. Lazy!

Trump cries obstruction, but has nominated few ambassadors
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-cries-obstruction-nominated-ambassadors/story?id=47843749

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

20. NewRoxFan

Another example of Trump's laziness and/or incompetence on running our government... now called out by head of his own Small Business Administration on filling needed staff positions. Trump needs to cut down on the many rounds of golf and quit tweeting and get to work. Lazy!

Linda McMahon: 'We're not even staffed up to where we need to be'
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...re-not-even-staffed-up-to-where-we-need-to-be