1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Approval at 55%! Go Trump!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Feb 16, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Meanwhile... and I believe ABC News provides the actual survey results...

2. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

3. NewRoxFan

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

apparently Trump approval has been tracking upward since Wednesday and currently stands at 50% (Rasmussen polling). In related news the Dow broke more records today, so it doesn't appear that investors are overly worried yet about the political turmoil of impeachment.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_nov15

Friday, November 15, 2019

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-nine percent (49%) disapprove.

The latest figures include 37% who Strongly Approve of the job Trump is doing and 42% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -5. (see trends).

The president’s overall approval has been tracking up since Wednesday, the first day of the House impeachment hearings. It was at 46% on Wednesday morning, then rose to 48% yesterday and is now at 50%. Two of the three nights in today’s survey follow the highly-publicized hearings.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/global...trade-deal-hopes-11573812514?mod=hp_lead_pos1

Dow Jones Industrial Average Tops 28000 for the First Time
    Optimism over the economy from the Fed chairman lifts markets as S&P 500, Nasdaq also hit records

By
    Gunjan Banerji
    Updated Nov. 15, 2019 5:26 pm ET

The Dow Jones Industrial Average crossed 28000 for the first time Friday, notching a new record as fading recession fears extended the decadelong bull-market rally.

A furious rise in the final minutes of the trading session thrust the Dow above its latest milestone, re-energizing a stock market that appeared listless in recent days.

Investors drove the Dow up 222.93 points, or 0.8%, to 28004.89—its 11th record close of 2019—as they cheered trade developments and a rosier economic outlook. The blue-chip gauge has logged four straight weeks of gains.

The S&P 500 and technology-heavy Nasdaq Composite also closed at records, extending their weekly winning streaks to six and seven, respectively.

This week’s optimism was spurred, in part, by White House economic adviser Lawrence Kudlow who indicated progress toward a potential trade deal with China and Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell who noted strength in the economy. A better-than-feared corporate earnings season has also helped fend off fears of a downturn that had weighed on markets in recent months.

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

^
    quantitative easing forever...

6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

The numbers are fake, that's what I was told by a very reliable source.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

This is all hearsay. It must be true then.

Andre0087 and Ubiquitin like this.
  8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Honest question with much respect given, do you think he should be impeached?

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Not for this ukranian stuff, no.

Andre0087 likes this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why not? I'm genuinely curious.

11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I respect you for going on record with your beliefs. I do think he should be but not necessary because of the Ukraine issue instead his corrupt conduct in general.

Astrodome likes this.
  12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Trump said, there is no quidy quody qui. It must be true then.

Mulvaney admitting the admin held aid for investigations, and we should get over it, must be hearsay.

The hold on the aid must also be hearsay.

"I would like you to do us a favor" must be hearsay material.

Trump telling Ukraine that Guiliani and Barr will be in contact, then Giuliani working the unofficial channel, requesting the Ukrainian to investigate the Biden and the debunked conspiracy theory that Ukraine, not Russia, interfered in the US election is all hearsay, including blaring out this to all the news outlets.

Volker and Sondland drafted a statement for Zelensky to read publicly on the investigation must just be hearsay.

Sondland statement that Trump was linking hundreds of millions of dollars in withheld aid for Ukraine to investigations Trump had asked for .... must be hearsay.

It's all hearsay!

Keep on using that defense. It's an awesome look.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I was expecting that a witness would have had evidence of a crime and we are 0-3 so far.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I see. I guess we disagree about the evidence. Most of the testimony would be admissible in a court of law and isn't actually hearsay contrary to what the Republicans were trying to present. If a witness hears a conversation with their own ears, they are allowed to give testimony about what they heard.

I am sure you don't want a long discussion about it, so I won't say more right now.

Astrodome likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

And trump just insulted the widow of a popular and respected WWII hero.

Half of active-duty service members are unhappy with Trump, new Military Times poll shows
    https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...ppy-with-trump-new-military-times-poll-shows/

Amiga likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He's a broken record...

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If his Republican Approval rating is at 95%, its funny how PBS and The Hill just reported that 7% and 17% of Republicans would like to see him removed from office, respectively.

I guess we can blame the "lying media" for Trump's incorrect numbers because we know he'd never lie.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  19. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Come on don’t you know that PBS are liberal hacks.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

...of approval ratings.