1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump and sports

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Sep 23, 2017.

1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

[​IMG]

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm fine with you not understanding, your shortcomings don't affect me in any way.

Of course a protest where no one cares isn't a good protest, but if the protest was for a valid cause, people would care. Due to lack of substance, they opted for shock and anger, but that's not going to make people care about their nonsense.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

They support a guy that said McCain wasn't a hero because he was a POW..

but get angry at this crap for some bullshit reason.

[​IMG]

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Steps. Maybe even baby steps. The photo of the Cowboys kneeling with arms linked, with the owner will be on the the news.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Wrong. All protests are seen as invalid because if everyone was in agreement with one another then no protest would even be necessary. In every protest in history there were people like you who say that it's an illegitimate cause.

don grahamleone and el gnomo like this.
  6. Major

Major Member

Of course it's fake. They need to feel superior to people and this is the easy way to do it. Bobby and Trump come from the same basic cloth - faux-patriotism, a need to feel superior to and dehumanize others, a disdain for black people, a need to hurl insults at anyone who disagrees with him, etc. It's what makes his fake dislike of Trump so amusing and sad.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Standing at attention during the national anthem is a way to symbolically express pride in one's country.

Kneeling is a way to symbolically express disappointment in one's country.

Why should one action be considered any more acceptable than the other? Both seem to me to be equally valid sentiments.

8. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Li'l bobby averages more than 10,000 posts a year, yet in a thread about patriotism somehow he can't find the words to explain this quote.

Where he is expressing his sympathy for men who took up arms against the United States of America

Again, straight up clown.

#568 gifford1967, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not true at all. Valid protests are seen as valid protests. The point of a protest is to draw attention to an injustice....well if you don't have a real injustice to point out, then you are just being an annoying ******* seeking attention.

Let's not forget that the reason Kap started this nonsense in the first place was in response to the shooting of a black man, armed with a gun stolen from a home he burglarized, who was shot by a black cop after he refused to drop the gun.....this is the "injustice" that was being protested. Are you really going to say that's a legitimate reason to protest? A legitimate reason to be a disrespectful douchebag?

Well, maybe you do actually think that way, but I'd be willing to bet that it's not something that many intelligent people will lose sleep over.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

get a job and stop ****ing spamming you bum

krnxsnoopy and el gnomo like this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The right is now calling the NFL a bunch of SJW.

Idiots

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm reminded of something Jackie Robinson once said.
    Looking at that quote, I feel even more in agreement with the protest.

13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Bobby = Trump

Try defending your boy Trump now douchebag lol

14. MystikArkitect

The flag means lots of things to lots of people. To those kneeling it's a symbol of hypocrisy and injustice. Can you understand that? Have you ever been victimized by a police officer? Have you ever been profiled? My wife is Hispanic with extremely white complexion. Basically white. She drives a White Challenger with 20" chrome rims. It's her car of choice. During this past New Years the cops were called at the party we were at. I go outside to see what's up and the hubbub was my wife's car. The cop proceeded to tell me that the neighbors had called about a suspicious vehicle in the neighborhood. It was a stock Challenger with 20s.

The neighbors basically called the cops because they saw what they thought was a black persons car. I can't imagine going through that constantly. I went to pay for a ticket at the Bellaire courthouse a war back. I counted the different ethnicities there for their tickets. It went blacks, then Hispanics, then whites. How the hell are there less white people with tickets at the Bellaire courthouse when the area is almost exclusively white? Are they just better drivers than everyone else?

I'm Hispanic and have had a lot of family immigrate here from Mexico. They pay their taxes and live in nice houses at this point. I'm 2nd gen and have done things the way conservatives say should be done. Worked hard, got educated and have my own practice. It still kills me to see the DACA situation or loved ones with temporary statuses being told they might not get renewed and deported.

I really can't see how the kneeling is offensive. They aren't degrading memorials or the tombstones of fallen soldiers or picking fights with the parents of someone who died for the country. They're kneeling for their right to be treated like equals.

15. MystikArkitect

I compared police using excessive force on minorities to Hitler and slavery, yeah.

I don't have to argue with you as you'll do a fine job embarrassing yourself but did need to clarify that.

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It’s absolutely fake. Bobby won’t respond to you. Having to explain himself too someone who actually served and was injured for our country probably scares the crap out of him. Especially to someone with your history that is on the correct side of this.

HakeemOnlyFan and el gnomo like this.
  17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Its called Bobby bending over backwards to defend Trump (even though supposedly he didn't vote for him). Bobby is the classic case of arguing for the sake of arguing. He cares more about arguing with "liberals" and defending Trump than the flag/anthem. Classic Trump supporter who only cares about liberals getting the "L". LOL

dobro1229 and el gnomo like this.
  18. TheresTheDagger

Great post. It helps to hear personal stories when trying to get to the heart of why people are emphatic and even emotional about why they believe what they do. I mean it.

THIS is what changes hearts and minds. Everything but the last paragraph.

If you can't understand why a flag could mean so much to someone who has had a folded one handed to them at his fathers funeral, then I guess you NEVER will.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think you have reason to hold the flag dear. I totally respect that. The only thing that I can say is numerous veterans who have served the flag and some who did even more after their service like Jackie Robinson don't have a problem with players not saluting the flag or saluting the flag.

I believe that part of what the flag symbolizes is the right to protest just as the players do. I think a true honor to the flag would be to work towards fixing the problems with our justice system and making everyone feel that they belong and have an equal opportunity in the nation represented by that flag.

CometsWin and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's funny how the right is In favor of censorship when it comes to minorities expressing themselves.

But not when it comes to the kkk