1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump and sports

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Sep 23, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

As tough as it is to say anything positive about Jones and the Cowboys, much respect for this...

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, he let them take the knee when it was appropriate and got all of them on their feet for the anthem when taking a knee was inappropriate and disrespectful.

MojoMan likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Damn. That's bold especially considering the gravitas behind it being the Cowboys, "America's team".

A bunch of jimmies we're rustled.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you read the comment you are responding to you'd see it says "no kneeling during the MNF anthem."

Do better.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

So are the idiots still mad that the cowboys knelt before the anthem? So now let's talk about the actual cause of the protest rather than deflection about the anthem.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Athletes did a ton for our community following Harvey. I trust their commitment to the community more than some random keyboard warriors.

HakeemOnlyFan and DudeWah like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why would anyone be mad about someone taking a knee at an appropriate time that isn't disrespectful?

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Hate giving Jones props but it looks like he worked with his players and made a compromise for both sides.

Our man boy president could learn from him.

Also... **** the cowboys.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

MojoMan likes this.
  11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Well I'd assume that those who deny that institutional racism exists in America despite a mountain of evidence proving it would take issue with players protesting for change.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Classic Trump, focused on attacking the NFL while Puerto Rico suffers. Applaud your dumbass in chief

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No one cares that a group of stupid people think stupid things, the only reason people cared was that the stupid people who think stupid things were being disrespectful so that people would pay attention to them.

I'm fine with them being really upset about criminals attacking police and getting shot as a result, them being upset isn't something I care about.

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

self-pnw3d!

learn to read, kid

15. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Deep thoughts about patriotism. Straight up clown.

el gnomo likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

I guess you were happy to see that they didn't kneel in solidarity with Kaep and all other athletes (and against Trump's offensive tweets). Oh wait, they did kneel in support of Kaep and other athletes and against Trump's offensive tweets. And thanks for complimenting me on my age... usually people my age are teased about being old.

Your point... empty, as usual.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You do realize that a protest where no one cares isn't a good protest. This further proves my point that these protests have to be heard loud and clear. You're encouraging people to protest stronger and harder. If America needs to be offended and feel disrespected, so be it.

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I get the frustration with political correctness in speech, but a bullet fired into an innocent person's body is not speech. It's action. Everyone has the right to free speech and I'll side with those exercising it, but no one has the right to free action.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I really want to know where this Bobby's dude undying love for the anthem comes from?

It seems so unatural and forced. I love my country. I had friends I saw die for my country. I almost leg a leg for my country and yet it doesn't 'outrage' or trigger me when someone decides to kneel in protest and starting our nation isn't infallible. Does it really offend people THAT much?

Why? Where do these emotions stem from? I really want to know if it's fake or not because it really does some like an act when people are this outraged.

I know what it looks like to be so infatuated with a inanimate entity. Knowing some extremely devout family members who whenever they hear the Quran recited no matter the medium, whether through the radio or television, he instantly tells everyone in the room to hush and observe in respect. He was a douchebag. Thats what being overwhelmed by something like a holy book or flag looks like.

Yet most of you mother ****ers will start scrolling on your devices when the anthem on TV is being played or switch the channel.

It just seems so damn fake.

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

You still don't get it. LOL reading is fundamental!

They didn't kneel during anthem.

[​IMG]